Author Topic: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 02:15:11 PM »
It is my opinion based on the evidence, it is certainly not speculation. If the family feel aggrieved and don't like my observation then that is for them to deal with. Burying one's head in the sand has never been a constructive endeavour in miscarriage of justice cases.

There isn't a shred of evidence which supports Marks claim of innocence, the jury seeing fit to return a unanimous guilty verdict. Nothing provided since the trial alters my original view.

In my experience the family of convicted killers find the situation difficult to come to terms with, the person whom they loved turning out to be a monster is not something that is easy to accept. I'm not in the least surprised that they continue to doubt the conviction, maybe in time they will come to realise how foolish they have been.

Bottom line is that Mark is guilty of murder and of attempting to dispose of his father's remains in a most disrespectful callous manner. If the family have further issues, I suggest they address them to the convicted murderer.

IMO, I suspect Mark Alexander is another undiagnosed psychopath
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:16:23 PM by John »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 05:21:52 PM »
IMO, I suspect Mark Alexander is another undiagnosed psychopath

Could be but my view is that he eventually cracked after years of control by his father. Maybe there was an altercation and his father came off worse this time. Could be he had a fatal fall or something. I don't believe Mark Alexander set out to murder his father.

The cock and bull story about a builder was a complete giveaway, he couldn't have invented a more silly story to be honest.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:16:45 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline lane99

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2021, 06:45:24 PM »
Yes, it is almost certainly a case of innocence fraud.  Anyone vetted for objectivity and rationality will find no sufficient reason to conclude he is likely innocent.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »
Yes, it is almost certainly a case of innocence fraud.  Anyone vetted for objectivity and rationality will find no sufficient reason to conclude he is likely innocent.

How did Kenwyn Kirkley and Mark Alexander meet? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLeD_OOzo18

Kenwyn Kirkham
‘Mark's mum doesn't use social media, which is why she's been largely absent from our Facebook group over the years, but she now feels the time is ripe to share some of her thoughts with those supporting Mark or with a genuine interest in his case.

“As we move into the eleventh year of his incarceration, I’d like to send my heartfelt thanks to all who have loyally stood by Mark through thick and thin. Your amazing kindness and generosity, be it in sending countless cards, letters and gifts, taking the time to visit him in various prisons or simply chatting on the phone, have sustained both him and our family through some very dark times.

My unconditional love for Mark has only strengthened over the years, as he’s faced huge challenges and felt hopes of freedom raised, only to see them cruelly dashed at the last hurdle, time and time again. The injustice is obviously agonising to me, and I hope and pray that we can find the fresh evidence needed to lodge a new appeal in the coming months.

Before Christmas, myself and Mark’s grandmother had the pleasure of meeting an excellent journalist, who has been following our case for some time and recently had a very balanced article published in the national press. This was the first occasion we met in person and we were most grateful to finally be able to explain in detail some of the difficult and unusual circumstances of life with Mark’s father.

But one of the main reasons for meeting was to discuss the possibility of a future internet podcast, which is a very real possibility. Perhaps, in getting Mark’s story out to a far wider audience, someone who knows the truth of Sami’s death will have the courage and compassion to step forward and end this nightmare for all of us.

Thank you again for all your incredible support, especially the friends, family and professionals who have worked tirelessly for Mark behind the scenes.

Best wishes to all in 2021 and let’s pray for a wonderful outcome!”

Mark’s mum - January 14th 2021

Kenwyn Kirkham
Kenwyn Kirkham has a decade of experience in the voluntary sector, supporting individuals with complex needs, including mental health issues, substance misuse and dual diagnosis (mental health plus substance misuse).

He holds a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and has completed an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care. He has also managed a team of frontline support workers in a challenging environment. Kenwyn is skilled at advocacy work and has a broad understanding of NHS mental health services and recognised pathways to support.

Prior to working in support roles, Kenwyn’s career included spells working for blue chip companies in London, including American Express and Citibank. He has also worked in local government as a Community Relations Advisor. He continues to freelance as a professional copywriter and marketer, alongside his role with TRC Solutions.

https://trc-solutions.co.uk/about.html

Kenwyn Kirkham
‘I’m a highly versatile writer with two decades of professional experience.

I can provide you with original content for all of the following and more: web pages, magazine features, blogs, books, brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, marketing letters and emails.

I have worked successfully on advertising campaigns for big players, such as Pepsi Cola and Asda, and for international clients as far afield as Dubai and Australia. I also have general experience in many fields, from local government, the arts and not-for-profit sector, to big multi-nationals, including Citibank and American Express.

Yet no job is too small and I regularly work with local clients, often in conjunction with graphic designers, to breathe new life into websites and other marketing channels.

https://kenwynkirkham.wordpress.com/about/

‘Shots & Scribbles by Coles & Kirkham’
Kenwyn Kirkham has been involved in professional writing of one kind or another since the 1980s. His cousin, Laurence Coles, has been bonkers about photography since he was knee-high to a tripod.

As west London boys, our many shared interests include the history of a city that seems to change every time you go out the door, architecture, vintage fashion, movies and music of all colours and flavours. Oh, and not forgetting the famous Chelsea FC!

We encourage you to drop in on us from time to time (please bring biscuits), share your thoughts on Laurence’s photos, and maybe make sure we’ve not wasted away in our artist’s garret and been eaten by the cat.

See you soon.

Kenwyn & Lal

https://shotsandscribblesbycandk.wordpress.com/about/

Progressing Prisoners Maintaining Innocence
Mark writes, “Given that my ‘risk’ levels are so low, why is the open prison estate arbitrarily restricted to the last 3 years of a sentence?…  ROTLS (Release On Temporary Licence) would not only enable me to demonstrate in practical terms that I am not a ‘risk’ to anyone, but would alleviate some of the injustice of being wrongly imprisoned  by helping me reconnect with the world.  There is no reason why I ‘need’ to be in closed conditions.  In addition, there is no longer any sentence review for prisoners convicted after 2003 who make ‘exceptional progress.”
http://www.prisonersmaintaininginnocence.org.uk/cases-and-reports/

Excerpt from the Steeple Times
This month, however, the Mirror’s Tom Pettifor and Robin Eveleigh highlighted other issues that have been discovered since sentencing, amongst them that “secretive” Samuel Alexander was in fact a conman operating with “at least eleven aliases.” Aside from a caution for shoplifting in 1995, however, the Egypt born pensioner was not convicted of crimes that numbered mortgage fraud involving a number of properties. The “[moderated]” and “fraudster” undoubtedly had enemies and as his son told the paper: “Dad always seemed to be running or hiding from something.”
https://www.thesteepletimes.com/the-fog/mark-alexander-murder-conviction-unsafe/?amp

Matthew Steeples
@M_Steeples
For all interested in the Mark Alexander case, this well written article is well worth reading: https://freemarkalexander.org/bias-and-injustice-a-david-and-goliath-story/
@MA_Campaign
 #MarkAlexander #Justice
freemarkalexander.org
Bias and Injustice – A David and Goliath Story
Samuel Alexander disappeared in 2009. His body was later found buried at his family home. Despite a lack of DNA, eyewitnesses, or murder weapon – and with no cause or date of death – his
3:08 PM · Sep 6, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/m_steeples/status/1302609631806730243
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 11:37:58 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 11:50:32 AM »
How did Kenwyn Kirkley and Mark Alexander meet? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLeD_OOzo18

Kenwyn Kirkham
Kenwyn Kirkham has a decade of experience in the voluntary sector, supporting individuals with complex needs, including mental health issues, substance misuse and dual diagnosis (mental health plus substance misuse).

He holds a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and has completed an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care. He has also managed a team of frontline support workers in a challenging environment. Kenwyn is skilled at advocacy work and has a broad understanding of NHS mental health services and recognised pathways to support.

Prior to working in support roles, Kenwyn’s career included spells working for blue chip companies in London, including American Express and Citibank. He has also worked in local government as a Community Relations Advisor. He continues to freelance as a professional copywriter and marketer, alongside his role with TRC Solutions.

Was the ‘challenging environment’ prison?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »
Mark’s Bereavement Counselor
“ I have worked with Mark since he came to Bullingdon in February 2010. He was referred to me for bereavement counselling after the death of his father. Mark was experiencing difficulties coping with his grief in prison and coming to terms with his father’s death. He had spent a long time preparing the service for his father’s funeral, writing a moving poem to be read as a eulogy on the day. He has coped very well under very difficult circumstances. He channels his emotional energy into music and education. He is also supportive of other prisoners, helping them in many ways. Mark’s sentence to date has not been an easy one. Initially, I was very concerned about him. However, after his court case his goal was to clear his name and this remains his objective today. He has dealt with the enormous pressure he faced appropriately and calmly Mark continues to be in a strong relationship with his partner and is visited by her and his friends frequently. Mark works well during the counselling sessions; he is always extremely polite and courteous”
ES
https://www.freemarkalexander.org/testimonials/marks-bereavement-counselor/

Elizabeth Shapland
https://www.butlertrust.org.uk/elizabeth-shapland-hmp-bullingdon/

Offline Myster

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2021, 12:06:07 PM »
It's a difficult choice, but think I prefer Charles Aznovoice.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2021, 12:43:26 PM »
Kenwyn Kirkham

Kenwyn Kirkham
‘I’m a highly versatile writer with two decades of professional experience.

I can provide you with original content for all of the following and more: web pages, magazine features, blogs, books, brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, marketing letters and emails.

I have worked successfully on advertising campaigns for big players, such as Pepsi Cola and Asda, and for international clients as far afield as Dubai and Australia. I also have general experience in many fields, from local government, the arts and not-for-profit sector, to big multi-nationals, including Citibank and American Express.

Yet no job is too small and I regularly work with local clients, often in conjunction with graphic designers, to breathe new life into websites and other marketing channels.

https://kenwynkirkham.wordpress.com/about/

The recent passing of the great world leader made me think how much we owe to him and his fellow freedom fighters for many of the rights we take for granted today. Our own Equal Opportunities statement reads:
‘Bradford Cyrenians is committed to delivering its services to all diverse communities. We will strive to challenge all forms of discrimination and aim to deliver an inclusive service to vulnerable men regardless of race, religion, cultural beliefs and sexual orientation’.
You can see how Nelson Mandela’s own values are reflected in these words. I grew up during the sixties and seventies, opposite the London residence of the South African ambassador and witnessed the start of the many demos against that evil regime. When I was old enough I became actively involved in the anti-apartheid movement and joined marches on the South African embassy in Trafalgar Square, and in many fundraising activities and cultural events. When Nelson Mandela made his long walk to freedom in 1990, I was fortunate enough to be watching at home with an African friend, and it was an amazingly meaningful, emotional moment.
I think it is vital that we have an appreciation for the struggles that heroes like Nelson Mandela, Steve Biko and Walter Sisulu have endured on our behalf, and also be ready to defend our own rights and the rights of others less fortunate. Bradford has a long history of standing up for human rights and we all need to take responsibility for the future and not just sit back and let others protest on our behalf.
Thank you, Nelson Mandela, for all you did for world freedom. We will not see your like again.
- Kenwyn Kirkham

http://www.bradfordcyrenians.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Courier4.pdf
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 12:49:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2021, 01:37:32 PM »
The fact that you continue to deny the obvious really speaks to your own shortcomings, not Mark's, and not Mark's family. Your stubborness is quite revealing, and demonstrates the problem inherent in all miscarriage of justice cases, that people who form an  entrenched opinion on a case always dig their heels in when challenged, no matter what subsequently comes to light. I can't think of many exonerations where the original police and prosecution admit they were wrong. The Daniel Morgan enquiry exemplifies this phenonmenon.

There are plenty of reasons in this case to doubt the safety of the conviction, the fairness of the trial, or the thoroughness and impartiality of the police investigation - a quick browse of our website gives most people pause for thought.

However, even if there were no new evidence at all, this would reveal nothing about Mark's guilt or innocence. Many innocent people languish in prison because they are unable to find fresh evidence. That doesn't make them guilty. The Westminster Commission on Miscarriages of Justice recognised this problem in their recent report, 'In the Interests of Justice', calling for changes to the way the Court of Appeal assesses wrongful convictions so that they can be overturned even where no fresh evidence exists, but where there is nevertheless serious doubt about the verdict.

‘Suzanne Gower, PhD researcher, and former managing director of the legal charity APPEAL shares her thoughts on the long-awaited report of the Westminster Commission on Miscarriages of Justice, “In the Interests of Justice”. Suzanne played a leading role in helping establish the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Miscarriages of Justice (APPGMJ).

http://blog.policy.manchester.ac.uk/author/suzanne-gower/

‘Suzanne Gower, managing director of the Centre for Criminal Appeals, said that the disclosure failings were ‘deeply concerning to anyone who rightly expects our justice system to ensure innocent people aren’t wrongly imprisoned’. ‘We frequently find our ability to investigate miscarriage of justice cases is hampered by not being able to access their documents even after conviction,’ she added.

‘In much of the United States, police files and prosecutor files on a case become a matter of public record once a conviction is made,’ she said. ‘In England and Wales we are far less transparent – and it is miscarriage of justice victims who lose out as they are prevented from being able to prove their innocence.’
https://www.thejusticegap.com/prosecution-failing-disclose-properly-four-10-cases/

MPs to look into the plight of the wrongly convicted by Suzanne Gower for The Justice Gap
Excerpt:
‘At the Centre for Criminal Appeals, the non-profit law practice and charity dedicated to investigating such cases, there is certainly no shortage of requests for our services; over 800 in the last three years.

And yet the current mood amongst those of us dedicated to challenging miscarriages of justice is markedly pessimistic. The Criminal Cases Review Commission’s much heralded historical referral rate of 3.3% disguises a miniscule 0.77% last year. Those lucky few who make it past this considerable hurdle find themselves before an increasingly reactionary Court of Appeal Criminal Division.

Professor Julie Price from the Cardiff Law School Innocence Project sums up these concerns and frustrations:

“Obviously, we can never know for certain whether someone is actually innocent. But in 12 years, our project has presented to the CCRC serious evidential flaws relating to 17 people maintaining innocence, with success in only one. This cannot be right: statistically, morally, or in terms of simple fairness.  There is something fundamentally wrong – arguably the statutory relationship between the CCRC and the Court of Appeal. Is the CCRC, as the public guardian of miscarriages of justice, prepared to support the recommendations of the Justice Select Committee and press the government to properly review the relationship between the CCRC and the Court of Appeal and the approach of the latter? If not, why not?’

Her colleague Dr Dennis Eady recently told the audience at the CCRC’s 20th anniversary conference that he considers the situation to be worse than either in 1991 when the Royal Commission on Criminal Justice was ordered, and 1997 when the CCRC began its work. When I later asked Dr Eady to expand upon this view he told me that he stood by the comment:

“Due process safeguards have been drastically eroded and the CPS seems intent on achieving prosecutions at all costs and opposing every appeal regardless of its merits. The always low, referral rate of the CCRC is the lowest it’s ever been and the Court of Appeal seems to be becoming more and more intransigent and restrictive. It has become far too easy to wrongly convict and close to impossible to overturn genuine miscarriages of justice. Justice is in crisis and all responsible attempts to address the problem will end in disillusionment unless the government addresses the issues.’
https://www.thejusticegap.com/mps-look-plight-wrongly-convicted/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:48:18 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »

No I haven’t.  I know his legal team have been busy with their paid work so they only work on Mark’s case during their spare time.  This is the case with most prisoners.  He has been waiting for two years for documents from the police which they have promised but still not come up with.  I did ask Mark for Factchecker to update us on the forum as this person will know more.  You could PM to find out.

Mark has a podcast coming out soon so hopefully we will be given more information about this when it is available.

What happened to the podcast, which you said would be ‘coming out soon’ Daisy?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2021, 02:19:55 PM »

I noticed how in this podcast https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/humane-justice/the-case-for-kguhWce6jM2/  Samuel Alexander was ghosted by the Prison Radio Association

The podcast which examines the place of kindness, hope and compassion within the justice system.
It tells personal stories that show how these very values are saving lives on a daily basis.
Each episode is a chapter taken from a book called Humane Justice, published by the charity Khulisa as part of the Monument Fellowship - a collective of eight organisations that work together to transform the journeys people take through our justice system.

Offline Fact Checker

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
How did Kenwyn Kirkley and Mark Alexander meet?

Er... they're actually cousins dude...! Don't overthink it  @)(++(* In the meantime, please respect the privacy of third parties. This forum is meant to be about Mark' conviction, but feels more like a stage for launching your own campaign of harassment against the family and anyone involved in highlighting their concerns about the evidence.

The Ministry of Justice has refused to allow the journalist involved to interview Mark over the telephone, so the matter is currently being fought out in the Courts as a free speech and free press issue at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:49:38 AM by Fact Checker »
This account is run by volunteers on the freeMarkAlexander.org team. We welcome healthy debate, but please try to avoid making unsubstantiated or libelous claims. Please excuse us if we do not respond to a post immediately. We may need to conduct further research before we can answer a question fully and this might take some time. All of our posted images are licensed by freeMarkAlexander.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Offline Fact Checker

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 09:52:51 AM »
Anyone vetted for objectivity and rationality will find no sufficient reason to conclude he is likely innocent.

I'd like to see your own 'credentials' for objectivity and rationality.

Waiting with baited breath...  8((()*/
This account is run by volunteers on the freeMarkAlexander.org team. We welcome healthy debate, but please try to avoid making unsubstantiated or libelous claims. Please excuse us if we do not respond to a post immediately. We may need to conduct further research before we can answer a question fully and this might take some time. All of our posted images are licensed by freeMarkAlexander.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.