Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400573 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
Burglars are criminals who think nothing of entering peoples' homes and who on occasion violate or kill them ... and who sometimes kidnap children. 

There are so many known and documented case that it makes your comment particularly risible. 
Somewhat along the lines of the heartfelt denials that the children of British holidaymakers in the Algarve had been assaulted in their beds.

Burglars don't usually burn down houses ... but this team of four did.
Argentina: burglars burn family home, killing parents, badly injuring children
http://www.neurope.eu/news/wire/argentina-burglars-burn-family-home-killing-parents-badly-injuring-children

All burglaries have the potential to get out of hand as this one did.
E-fit appeal after toddler injured in aggravated burglary in Rossington
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/e-fit-appeal-after-toddler-injured-in-aggravated-burglary-in-rossington-1-6445283

Given the opportunity ... this burglar did precisely what you have claimed burglars do not do.

** snipped**
The suspect had entered the home through an unlocked door, and was rummaging through the basement when he discovered the girl’s bedroom, Carriger said.
The abductor picked up the child and carried her upstairs, where he walked out the front door.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-saves-kidnapped-daughter-article-1.2003192

The stereotype you have adopted for the type of person who takes it upon him/herself to invade homes is as seriously flawed as are the people you champion ... they are never 'nice' under any circumstances but quite often they are evil personified ... just like the ones in my town who nailed an elderly man to the floor leaving him to die.

... and it is a matter of record ... they DO take children.

Great post.  Shame slippery old Alice has chosen to ignore the main thrust of your point.

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Possibly ... but only if you dismiss that he was out on bail for ... burglary ... and is described as a "serial burglar" ... surely a clue.

** snip**Garda Adam Clear told prosecuting counsel that Kane has 26 previous convictions.

These include burglary, drug possession, threats, robbery and assault.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/rapist-had-been-on-bail-for-burglary-8715/

However it seems in your lexicon that ... breaking in to rape and putting you in fear of your life ... is fine.  The archetypal burglar just burgles.

For your sake, I hope you are never in the position of encountering one of these guys in your home or getting between him and his purpose or his escape ... and I hope you do not have a vulnerable person under your roof to worry about.

What a strange and twisted mind you must have.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
Red bit:
Who are these people to whom you refer that you believe I champion?
Furthermore please give corroborative detail of where I said I champion them?
I suggest you should acquaint yourself a little better with the world of burglars and burglary and desist from from searching the world of Google to find the odd nutter before using expressions like risible and stereotype.
You are eventually going to paint your self into a corner with your arguments.
If a person who enters a property illegally and walks out with a child isn't "the odd nutter", how else would you describe him / her?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »
What a strange and twisted mind you must have.

I do not attempt to excuse burglary or law breaking of any sort ... what is your excuse?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

There has been some speculation that DCI Redwood has retired in despair.  Nothing could be further from the truth.    It has been on the cards right from the beginning as in common with others on the team all were appointed in the knowledge that they would be eligible at some point in what they knew was going to be a long haul.
By staggering redundancy payments it probably helped in the management of resources elsewhere in the Met.

**snip**
Since then no police force has been actively looking for the child.

But last week, it was announced that Scotland Yard would reopen the search, a move that led to criticism that officers’ valuable time would be diverted away from other cases.

A police source said that the team of 30 Scotland Yard officers would in part be drawn from those who were due to leave the force through redundancy or retirement.

One of the major difficulties — and expenses — that detectives will face is that much of the material in the investigation will require translation from Portuguese, the source said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8519870/Madeleine-McCann-30-Metropolitan-Police-detectives-to-search-for-missing-girl.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
Great post.  Shame slippery old Alice has chosen to ignore the main thrust of your point.
Coming from you Alf bo that is rare praise indeed. I shall cherish it alongside being referred to as "a fly b'stard" by a weegie. Cool man  8(>(( keep em coming. It shows more class than insinuating people are pedalos.  8((()*/
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
IMO there were two stairwell sightings (a) evening 2nd by witness MM (on purported list), (b) evening 3rd by witness BS (not on purported list).

TS (on purported list) was associated by a UK paper (IMO based on speaking with BS) to supposed lost keys.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Of course he's gonna say that in early days. He had his business to protect..
There is a video available of JH stating there was no evidence of forced entry.
I watched and listened and it sounds to me like it is his honest observation of the facts.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
There is a video available of JH stating there was no evidence of forced entry.
I watched and listened and it sounds to me like it is his honest observation of the facts.

Maybe so ... however I doubt very much his qualification to decide whether or not an abduction had taken place. 

stephen25000

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
Now who said this I wonder.

' “The total number of documents we have to go through is 39,148, of which we have processed 21,614 so far”. '

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
Source: News of the World, 27th January 2008

Gail insisted: "I know with all my heart that Marques definitely was NOT the guy I saw three times in Praia de Luz. That man was not the guy in my drawing".

28th January 2008

The Sun

McCann cops to quiz lookalike  

By GARY O’SHEA
in Praia da Luz

Detectives are to quiz a drifter who looks uncannily like a mystery suspect in Maddie McCann’s disappearance.

Joaquim Agostinho, 42, denies he is the creepy man depicted in a sketch issued by parents Kate and Gerry McCann.

But Metodo 3, the Spanish private investigators hired by the McCanns, are taking the possibility seriously.

The artist's impression was based on a description by tourist Gail Cooper of a man she saw lurking near kids in Praia da Luz, Portugal, before Maddie, four, disappeared.

A source close to Metodo 3 said: ''We are going to be talking to this man as a priority, to establish if he is the one Mrs Cooper saw.''

When shown a photo of Agostinho, Gail, 50, of Newark, Notts, gasped: ''He’s the spitting image of the man I saw three times at the resort. It’s deeply shocking to see my drawing come to life.''

Unkempt Agostinho lives on disability benefit in Altura, 87 miles east of Praia da Luz.

He said: ''People will claim the crazy guy is me — but I don't even know where that Praia da Luz place is.

''I've never been there. I can't even drive. I accept the drawing looks like me. But I did not kill Madeleine and the police haven’t spoken to me.''

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3137.0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:39:44 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »
28th January 2008

The Sun

McCann cops to quiz lookalike  

By GARY O’SHEA
in Praia da Luz

Detectives are to quiz a drifter who looks uncannily like a mystery suspect in Maddie McCann’s disappearance.

Joaquim Agostinho, 42, denies he is the creepy man depicted in a sketch issued by parents Kate and Gerry McCann.

But Metodo 3, the Spanish private investigators hired by the McCanns, are taking the possibility seriously.

The artist's impression was based on a description by tourist Gail Cooper of a man she saw lurking near kids in Praia da Luz, Portugal, before Maddie, four, disappeared.

A source close to Metodo 3 said: ''We are going to be talking to this man as a priority, to establish if he is the one Mrs Cooper saw.''

When shown a photo of Agostinho, Gail, 50, of Newark, Notts, gasped: ''He’s the spitting image of the man I saw three times at the resort. It’s deeply shocking to see my drawing come to life.''

Unkempt Agostinho lives on disability benefit in Altura, 87 miles east of Praia da Luz.

He said: ''People will claim the crazy guy is me — but I don't even know where that Praia da Luz place is.

''I've never been there. I can't even drive. I accept the drawing looks like me. But I did not kill Madeleine and the police haven’t spoken to me.''

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3137.0

I thought it was crecheman that she saw walking by the beach? How many suspects did this witness see?

Mrs Cooper first spotted the man on the beach at Praia da Luz on April 20 at about 1pm when she went for lunch with friends at the Paraiso Restaurant.

She said: "He was wandering about on the beach alone even though it was pouring down with rain. There wasn't another soul about. I watched him for a few minutes before I went back to chatting to my friends."

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2014, 11:05:36 PM »
By the looks of it things are beginning to heat up in PdL.  Members are asked to please refrain from posting derogatory comments towards other members.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2014, 11:12:11 PM »
By the looks of it things are beginning to heat up in PdL.  Members are asked to please refrain from posting derogatory comments towards other members.

Sorry.  I got carried away.  I was just about to delete it myself.  But someone beat me to it.