Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125752 times)

Offline John

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #675 on: June 27, 2016, 11:51:14 AM »
As I stated last week, George Osborne has been working behind the scenes to stabilize the economy following the Brexit vote.

This morning he delivered his statement.

At 1.30

"And now that the people have spoken, we in this democracy must accept that result and deliver on that instruction."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:57:52 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #676 on: June 27, 2016, 11:53:21 AM »
Some people seem to be falling for the suggestions that those who voted to leave the EU are;

Guilible
Uneducated
Lower class
Poor

and now racist.

Strangely a lot of sinilar accusations have been leveled at those who doubt the McCann's abduction story.
That's consistent in respect of those who doubt the McCanns and support the 'leave' vote, but inconsistent in respect of those who doubt the McCanns and support the 'remain' vote.

You can hold different opinions on different issues, but if you're lacking in judgement on one issue you're likely to be lacking in judgement on the other too.

Oh please.  Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist, but certainly most racists in this country voted Leave.  As for the rest, I don't know why you seek to deny the fact that in large part  it is the less privileged in society, some of whom have come out to vote for the first time in their lives, those who feel betrayed by Labour and who feel that the only party that now understands them is UKIP (and other less savoury Nationalist parties) who have had a major impact on this result.  Why does that seem to grate with you so?

stephen25000

« Reply #677 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »
As I stated last week, George Osborne has been working behind the scenes to stabilize the economy following the Brexit vote.

This morning he delivered his statement.

I'm afraid you didn't need to state it or predict it.

That was already known, from the BoE.

Offline John

« Reply #678 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »
It has been confirmed, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon does not have the power to veto #Brexit.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »
Oh please.  Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist, but certainly most racists in this country voted Leave.  As for the rest, I don't know why you seek to deny the fact that in large part  it is the less privileged in society, some of whom have come out to vote for the first time in their lives, those who feel betrayed by Labour and who feel that the only party that now understands them is UKIP (and other less savoury Nationalist parties) who have had a major impact on this result.  Why does that seem to grate with you so?

You seem to be convinced that is true. It has certainly been inferred, but proved? I think not. That's what grates with me, innuendo being accepted and presented as truth.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline rotti

« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »
Yes, we'll be down to 10th by this time next year no doubt, and then where?  But at least there'll be fewer of those pesky foreigners stealing our jobs and our womenfolk, eh?  8(0(*
with people like you around we might,stop worrying your selfs and give it a chance 8)--))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:21:29 PM by rotti »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »
It has been confirmed, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon does not have the power to veto #Brexit.

As I said, John, it is a constitutional mess.

The previous referendum in Scotland was very divisive and the effects of that are still being felt.

We have just had a demonstration in this referendum of the annulment of many of the arguments which carried the day for the BETTER TOGETHER campaign.  It was a close run thing. 

Whether or not the first minister is able to block Brexit ... it is worth bearing in mind that the majority of the contingent of elected representatives from Scotland in Westminster are Nats. 
To date their behaviour has been on the whole impeccable but it is a different ball game now.  I would warn ... "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Parliament could turn out to be a very interesting theatre for them to perform in (and for the rest of us to watch) when their leash is loosened.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:54:52 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline rotti

« Reply #682 on: June 27, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »
on a lighter note 2 shadow cabinit jobs have been filled by people who will support jc not stab him in the back.i said there we plenty of others to fill the backstabbers jobs 8((()*/

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
What is really needed is a period of stability for the country.  Cameron remaining to ease some of the problems of the governing party while it elects its new leader does that  in small measure.

Opening Pandora's box has been a messy ill thought through exercise as far as our unwritten constitution is concerned and for the stability of the country. As some voices from the North of Ireland and Scotland would seem to confirm.

As a democrat I abide by the will of the majority, doesn't mean I have to like it though; it remains to be seen for how long the majority will be happy with it as grim reality hits home ~ particularly as no-one least of all the Brexiters seems to have taken the time to have laid the foundation for new trade deals or confirmation of old ones.

They can't until Article 50 in invoked. Then the fun starts.
At present we in the same position as the Grand Old Duke of York. "neither up nor down".
EU negotiator: So Mr UK you wish to remain in the single market?
UK negotiator: Yes
EU negotiator: We can see how that would be beneficial to you; what will you give us in exchange.
UK negotiator: Nothing
EU negotiator: Close the door on the way out please.
UK negotiator: 'ang on a mo what do you want then ?
EU negotiator: Free movement of labour.
UK negotiator: OK then it's a deal.
EU negotiator: and compliance with our directives as appropriate.
UK negotiator: Any room for maneuvre on that.
EU negotiator: Not a lot; do you want to be in the single market or not? it comes at a price. Norway warned you of that before your referendum.
UK negotiator: OK we will stay out of the single market.
EU negotiator: Fair enough but if you wish to sell goods into the single market you must observe all appropriate EU directives.
UK negotiator: errr errr errm ?

Of course some think that because the Germans want to sell BMWs and Bosch whitegoods here and the French want to sell champagne here that gives us a lot of clout.
 8(0(*

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #684 on: June 27, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
on a lighter note 2 shadow cabinit jobs have been filled by people who will support jc not stab him in the back.i said there we plenty of others to fill the backstabbers jobs 8((()*/

Well, you got what you voted for.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/usd/5095-pound-to-dollar-exchange-rate-222311

and

Osborne breaks cover to insist economy is ‘strong’ but pound hits NEW 31-year low and markets tumble again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1347831/george-osborne-reassures-britain-is-open-for-business-as-pound-plummets-again-overnight-in-wake-of-vote-to-leave-eu/

Offline Brietta

« Reply #685 on: June 27, 2016, 01:03:23 PM »

I don't think it is as simple as that, Rotti.
He never was Prime Ministerial material ... and he has proved that during the campaign as he was unable to give the lead to Labour voters ... perhaps because his heart really wasn't in it.

If he is unable to reach the Labour grass roots voters, what chance does he have of reaching out to anyone else in the country, 'undecided' or not?
Great to have principles ... but to implement them, you've got to be in power.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #686 on: June 27, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Corbyn asked which way he voted.

There was no reply.

Offline rotti

« Reply #687 on: June 27, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

and

Osborne breaks cover to insist economy is ‘strong’ but pound hits NEW 31-year low and markets tumble again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1347831/george-osborne-reassures-britain-is-open-for-business-as-pound-plummets-again-overnight-in-wake-of-vote-to-leave-eu/
31 yrs that means we were in the eu the last time they were this low,we done the right thing to get out,it will be fine

Offline Brietta

Re: Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #688 on: June 27, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
They can't until Article 50 in invoked. Then the fun starts.
At present we in the same position as the Grand Old Duke of York. "neither up nor down".
EU negotiator: So Mr UK you wish to remain in the single market?
UK negotiator: Yes
EU negotiator: We can see how that would be beneficial to you; what will you give us in exchange.
UK negotiator: Nothing
EU negotiator: Close the door on the way out please.
UK negotiator: 'ang on a mo what do you want then ?
EU negotiator: Free movement of labour.
UK negotiator: OK then it's a deal.
EU negotiator: and compliance with our directives as appropriate.
UK negotiator: Any room for maneuvre on that.
EU negotiator: Not a lot; do you want to be in the single market or not? it comes at a price. Norway warned you of that before your referendum.
UK negotiator: OK we will stay out of the single market.
EU negotiator: Fair enough but if you wish to sell goods into the single market you must observe all appropriate EU directives.
UK negotiator: errr errr errm ?

Of course some think that because the Germans want to sell BMWs and Bosch whitegoods here and the French want to sell champagne here that gives us a lot of clout.
 8(0(*

I think they are going to skin us alive, Alice.  I would were I them and had elections looming.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #689 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »

and

Good for tourism and foreigners who wish to buy British goods.
Could be the start of an economic upturn...... ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey