Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125726 times)

stephen25000

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:27 PM »
That's Switzerland. But the other countries can also apply, Pakistan, for example;

The European Union (EU) as a world leader in research and innovation has launched a Horizon-2020 programme in follow-up of similar previously implemented FP6 and FP7 programmes. It also allows significant funding to non-EU Member States, like Pakistan. Horizon-2020 programme is open for international participants to promote joint high profile scientific projects through collaborative consortia together with EU science and technology partners. For this funding opportunity, an impressive amount of € 79 billion is available worldwide for seven-year term, that is more than € ten billion per year.

All scientists and researchers in various organizations across the country are invited and encouraged to develop consortia with EU partners, prepare high quality research proposal(s) and submit to the European Union
http://www.psf.gov.pk/horizon_2020.aspx

What, if any, costs are applicable I don't know, but the Swiss approach is not the only possibility.

There are no freebies G-Unit.

Perhaps you should find out about other countries then.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1186 on: July 12, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »
the fact is no one really knows what brexit will bring . I was looking forward to seeing a friend of mine...worked in business all over the world... now a senior university lecturer with a Phd in business studies. Currently lectures and lives  in Germany. I asked him what he thought was the best option...he replied he did not have enough information to make a valid judgement....unlike some of the experts on here

I found it quite hilarious that the team of lawyers writing to Cameron [will their letter arrive before he goes?] seem to think the voters in the referendum didn't have enough information to make the decision. They say there should be a vote on the issue in Parliament.

In order that MP's make an informed decision there should first be a Royal Commission or an equivalent independent body to receive evidence and report, within a short, fixed timescale, on the benefits, costs and risks of triggering Article 50 to the UK as a whole, and to all of its constituent populations.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/in-full-the-letter-from-1000-lawyers-to-david-cameron-over-eu-referendum-brexit-legality-a7130226.html

So those who campaigned and informed the voters didn't, in the opinion of these lawyers, understand the issues themselves!

What a damning indictment of the capabilities and knowledge of our MP's! If they didn't do their research before the referendum they are unfit for purpose, surely?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #1187 on: July 12, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
I found it quite hilarious that the team of lawyers writing to Cameron [will their letter arrive before he goes?] seem to think the voters in the referendum didn't have enough information to make the decision. They say there should be a vote on the issue in Parliament.

In order that MP's make an informed decision there should first be a Royal Commission or an equivalent independent body to receive evidence and report, within a short, fixed timescale, on the benefits, costs and risks of triggering Article 50 to the UK as a whole, and to all of its constituent populations.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/in-full-the-letter-from-1000-lawyers-to-david-cameron-over-eu-referendum-brexit-legality-a7130226.html

So those who campaigned and informed the voters didn't, in the opinion of these lawyers, understand the issues themselves!

What a damning indictment of the capabilities and knowledge of our MP's! If they didn't do their research before the referendum they are unfit for purpose, surely?
You need look no further than Michael Gove's comment that "people in this country have had enough of experts" to know that certainly some MPs are completely unfit for purpose.  The more informed ones of course were accused of scare-mongering....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1188 on: July 12, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »
You need look no further than Michael Gove's comment that "people in this country have had enough of experts" to know that certainly some MPs are completely unfit for purpose.  The more informed ones of course were accused of scare-mongering....

The more informed ones being?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #1189 on: July 12, 2016, 11:36:49 PM »
The more informed ones being?
The ones who sought to inform themselves and arm themselves with reliable facts and data, mainly through consulting people and organisations who know what they are talking about.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1190 on: July 13, 2016, 12:48:40 AM »

I'm a keen advocate of democracy. I have made a case for leaving in an attempt to provoke someone into making a case for staying. It didn't work, though, I still haven't seen any factual case for remaining, just vague references to economics.

I don't think anyone has reason to be grateful to him. He agreed to hold a referendum out of fear of Farage. When the people voted against his recommendations he ran away instead of doing his duty.

I am standing on my own in this forum it appears.

I would like to thank David Cameron for his efforts over the past years.

He has been a hard working PM and shown leadership and integrity at all times. 

He has worked hard at making friends with the leaders of the EU in order to gain the best possible for the UK, but Brexit has blown all his efforts.

The Referendum was his mistake and a bad one.   He has acknowledged that by doing the correct and courageous thing of resigning

BUT having correctly resigned he was prepared to fight for the best for the UK, within the parameters of Brexit and the EU.   This was originally for the next few months until a new PM was elected.  So he thought that he had a few months of uncomfortable relationships to mend for the benefit of the UK ... and was prepared to do that.

Thank you David Cameron for all you have done over the past few years.  We shall miss your steady, honourable and intelligent leadership.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1191 on: July 13, 2016, 01:15:42 AM »

He has worked hard at making friends with the leaders of the EU in order to gain the best possible for the UK, but Brexit has blown all his efforts.

The Referendum was his mistake and a bad one.   He has acknowledged that by doing the correct and courageous thing of resigning

BUT having correctly resigned he was prepared to fight for the best for the UK, within the parameters of Brexit and the EU.   This was originally for the next few months until a new PM was elected.  So he thought that he had a few months of uncomfortable relationships to mend for the benefit of the UK ... and was prepared to do that.

Thank you David Cameron for all you have done over the past few years.  We shall miss your steady, honourable and intelligent leadership.

Whats he memorable for? Apart from backtracking and changing his mind? Hes been one of the most useless PMs for decades

Offline misty

« Reply #1192 on: July 13, 2016, 01:48:49 AM »
Whats he memorable for? Apart from backtracking and changing his mind? Hes been one of the most useless PMs for decades

He's a decent & honest man, Mercury, bit of a rarity in today's political climate - and far from useless. He gave the people the opportunity to choose which path to follow at the crossroads.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2016, 05:23:40 AM »
That's Switzerland. But the other countries can also apply, Pakistan, for example;

The European Union (EU) as a world leader in research and innovation has launched a Horizon-2020 programme in follow-up of similar previously implemented FP6 and FP7 programmes. It also allows significant funding to non-EU Member States, like Pakistan. Horizon-2020 programme is open for international participants to promote joint high profile scientific projects through collaborative consortia together with EU science and technology partners. For this funding opportunity, an impressive amount of € 79 billion is available worldwide for seven-year term, that is more than € ten billion per year.

All scientists and researchers in various organizations across the country are invited and encouraged to develop consortia with EU partners, prepare high quality research proposal(s) and submit to the European Union
http://www.psf.gov.pk/horizon_2020.aspx

What, if any, costs are applicable I don't know, but the Swiss approach is not the only possibility.

Some deal will no doubt be worked out eventually, but the Swiss conundrum was over the referendum to limit migration, and that's despite the fact that as an EFTA member it pays a substantial amount to the EU budget.

There is no free lunch.

Click on the "country" tab:
http://cordis.europa.eu/projects/home_en.html

Aside from Canada and the US (which presumably have some established relationship) and one or two others, the majority of funding to non-EU countries went to the developing world.

Ironically, the UK has had the highest number of projects funded to date.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1194 on: July 13, 2016, 09:05:31 AM »

Are you a millionaire?

In pursuit of reducing our national debt Cameron's government has;

Increased child poverty to one child in every four and rising. Mothers have had to use food banks to feed their children. The government has consistently attacked the most vulnerable, including the disabled some of whom have had to prove to medical panels that lost limbs are still missing ffs. They set targets for affordable housing but didn't meet them. They promised to replace every council house sold off, but didn't. The gap between rich and poor is the highest since 1921. They have forced people off benefits by sanctioning them, enabling them to quote lower job-seeker figures. They count people as 'in work' who have zero hours contracts which means some weeks they may not work at all and they have to be ready to go in to work if called in only to be sent away again later if things go quiet. For those in work wages have fallen.

The national debt? Has grown by £555 billion.

The Brexit vote has shown the divisions in our country caused by this government.

The most disastrous premiership since Neville Chamberlain is about to draw to a brutally abrupt end. David Cameron is a failure on his own terms, as well as the terms of his opponents.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/12/david-cameron-premiership-tragedy-pay-eu-referendum

Thank you Mr Cameron and good riddance!!
Result = happy posting.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1195 on: July 14, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
He's a decent & honest man, Mercury, bit of a rarity in today's political climate - and far from useless. He gave the people the opportunity to choose which path to follow at the crossroads.

He himself created the crossroad , he didnt have to

He also has reneged on promises (not to the rich btw)

One single example

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3275451/Shame-Tearful-mother-blasts-speechless-Tory-minister-Question-Time-tax-credits-cut.html

He seems honest but if he was thered be no flies

His leaving speeches in the commons and after contained a fair few massaged truths

He was never bothered much at spinning, quite a fake all in all, May will be miles better and thats frm a non tory
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:49:43 AM by mercury »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1196 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:49 AM »

I agree I think he has been a really decent bloke. May sounds interesting...getting rid of osborne,,,,looks like she wants to take the party towards the centre....excellent

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1197 on: July 14, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
The ones who sought to inform themselves and arm themselves with reliable facts and data, mainly through consulting people and organisations who know what they are talking about.

Names?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1198 on: July 16, 2016, 10:24:30 AM »
Minister for Brexit Davis Davis appeared unaware of how EU trade deals actually work

Mr Davis believed it was possible to negotiate one-on-one trade deals as recently as May

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/minister-for-brexit-davis-davis-eu-european-union-germany-single-market-trade-deals-unaware-mistake-a7136121.html

To be fair, the Flat-Earthers of a different era must have been sceptical about the chances of success of expeditions to discover the "New World" and yet they succeeded. On the other hand, did the risk side of the gamble involve more than the expedition costs and the potential loss of the ships and their crews?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1199 on: July 16, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »
I agree I think he has been a really decent bloke. May sounds interesting...getting rid of osborne,,,,looks like she wants to take the party towards the centre....excellent

I don't think Cameron was that bad, either, actually.