Author Topic: New Member  (Read 6497 times)

Offline Ray Gilbert

« on: January 07, 2022, 06:44:33 PM »
 ()678%

hello am ray gilbert and interested in cases of injustice.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:22:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ray.  In  which cases are you particularly interested ?

Offline Ray Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 07:46:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ray.  In  which cases are you particularly interested ?

Thanks.

I am interested in all cases while still fighting to clear my own name

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »
()678%

hello am ray gilbert and interested in cases of injustice.

Hi Ray. Welcome onboard.  8((()*/
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Ray Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 08:34:11 PM »
Thank you for your welcome

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 08:36:05 PM »
Thank you for your welcome

Would you like to tell us something of your own case? 

Are there any links to it online?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Ray Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 08:41:51 PM »
there are lots of sites to peruse on my case. liverpool echo, youtube video,s, and just google my name and lots will come up.Thank you for asking

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 11:34:42 PM »
there are lots of sites to peruse on my case. liverpool echo, youtube video,s, and just google my name and lots will come up.Thank you for asking

Thank you. I have just googled your name and found this link.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/murderer-who-served-36-years-19295112

If this is your case, can you give some background to what happened and why they picked on you?

I have read some articles about your case but there is much I find unsettling, would you be able to help?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:53:16 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 11:50:12 PM »

Welcome, Ray.  I hope we are able to help.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 06:12:49 AM »
Hi Ray, welcome.

I just briefly read an article about your case.

The article claims you initially plead not guilty then changed your plea to guilty.

Can I ask why you plead guilty when you're innocent?

Was that your lawyers advice?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 07:26:07 AM »
It’s not uncommon for perfectly innocent people to confess under police interrogation, especially if they are interviewed for long periods of time without a break, without legal representation and with threats of or actual acts of violence thrown into the mix.  Welcome Ray, it will be interesting to hear a first hand account of your experiences.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Ray Gilbert

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 08:34:24 AM »
Thankyou for the welcome

Offline Ray Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »
It’s not uncommon for perfectly innocent people to confess under police interrogation, especially if they are interviewed for long periods of time without a break, without legal representation and with threats of or actual acts of violence thrown into the mix.  Welcome Ray, it will be interesting to hear a first hand account of your experiences.

1981 was a different setting especially in Toxteth when the black Chief Constable of police officers admitted the coloured community was openly being targeted by the police, in beatings, stop and search, remanded for anything compared to the rest of the city. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 08:43:51 AM »

You're talking about the confession.

I actually asked why he plead guilty in court.

This was his chance to protest his innocence before a judge, explain his confession was bogus & try to convince a jury that he definitely wasn't out stabbing anyone on the day in question & was an innocent victim of a police stitch up.

But, instead of that, he plead guilty.

You'd do that would you?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:55:33 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 09:21:52 AM »
You're talking about the confession.

I actually asked why he plead guilty in court.

This was his chance to protest his innocence before a judge, explain his confession was bogus & try to convince a jury that he definitely wasn't out stabbing anyone on the day in question & was an innocent victim of a police stitch up.

But, instead of that, he plead guilty.

You'd do that would you?

It's all out there why he did what he did in court. Ray is trying to explain his case without dragging names into it of which there are many.

He feared for his life at the time in court was told he would be killed.

The story that is out there looks one sided in regards to other people but you would be surprised as to how his name came into the frame in the first place