Author Topic: If the children were being sedated...  (Read 28753 times)

stephen25000

Re: If the children were being sedated...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »
Who has said sedation?  Where do you want me to start?

The subject of this thread is "if the children were being sedated.." and goes on to ask if so, why was at least one of them crying in the night for over an hour, and why did one of them (according to Goncalo Amaral) get out of bed shortly after being given a sedative and have a fatal accident?  All this activity in supposedly sedated children - is it logical or likely?

The twins weren't active, or do you forget that.

As to what the mccanns administered to their children, do we know what, if any, and in what quantities ?

In one of my lessons a couple of weeks ago where the subject, pun intended, of drug use came up, he mentioned his mother giving calpol to him and his siblings when he was younger.  I asked why, he responded 'to keep us quiet'.................

P.S. I know calpol isn't a sedative.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:31:33 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »

The subject of this thread is "if the children were being sedated.." and goes on to ask if so, why was at least one of them crying in the night for over an hour, and why did one of them (according to Goncalo Amaral) get out of bed shortly after being given a sedative and have a fatal accident?  All this activity in supposedly sedated children - is it logical or likely?

8@??)( Good to see logic, Alfred

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »
OK.  I don't know you or your posting history but I had assumed (maybe wrongly?) that your belief was that the parents were involved in a cover-up. This must at some point have shaped your beliefs as to what you think is the most logical, simplest explanation for Madeleine's disappearance, but then again maybe not.

Its fair to say that I don't consider them blameless and think they have a lot to answer for. To me, they come across as an unpleasant couple, unwilling to accept their culpability.

I don't believe there is a simple solution to this, else it would already have been solved, given that we have had SY's finest on the case for several years.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »

Its fair to say that I don't consider them blameless and think they have a lot to answer for. To me, they come across as an unpleasant couple, unwilling to accept their culpability.

I don't believe there is a simple solution to this, else it would already have been solved, given that we have had SY's finest on the case for several years.

I disagree with your final sentence.  Many cases have a fairly simple explanation yet remain unsolved.  Let's take the case of the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence for example.  The simple, logical, most likely explanation is that Claudia was abducted on her way to work early one morning.  There is no evidence whatsoever to support this theory save for the fact that the woman disappeared never to be seen or heard of again (so far).  The case has had a huge amount of (no doubt) fine police investigative work over a number of years and yet it remains unsolved. 

stephen25000

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 07:32:38 PM »
8@??)( Good to see logic, Alfred

.............and the twins sadie ?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:19 PM »

I am pretty sure the crying was a different night.  8-)(--)
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
The twins weren't active, or do you forget that.

As to what the mccanns administered to their children, do we know what, if any, and what quantities ?

In one of my lessons a couple of weeks ago where the subject, pun intended, of drug use came up, he mentioned his mother giving calpol to him and his siblings when he was younger.  I asked why, he responded 'to keep us quiet'.................

P.S. I know calpol isn't a sedative.

According to Kate McCann (obviously therefore to be completely disregarded by you) Madeleine stated that both she and Sean had been calling for their parents the night before.  So - either Kate McCann is lying about this account (why?) or she is telling the truth, and these two children were awake a few short hours after apparently being sedated (according to those who seem to think the McCanns drugged their kids so they could go out "on the lash").

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
I am pretty sure the crying was a different night.  8-)(--)

Yes it was a different night to the one that Madeleine disappeared. 

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
According to Kate McCann (obviously therefore to be completely disregarded by you) Madeleine stated that both she and Sean had been calling for their parents the night before.  So - either Kate McCann is lying about this account (why?) or she is telling the truth, and these two children were awake a few short hours after apparently being sedated (according to those who seem to think the McCanns drugged their kids so they could go out "on the lash").

How do you know when km told the truth ?

Where you there ?

As to the drinking, indisputable.

As to whether the apartment was locked or unlocked, well we only have their word for that.

Offline jassi

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »

Sedation isn't always effective - it can sometimes  be quite hit and miss.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
How do you know when km told the truth ?

Where you there ?

As to the drinking, indisputable.

As to whether the apartment was locked or unlocked, well we only have their word for that.

I have not claimed to know when Kate told the truth - either she did and the kids were awake the night before, or she didn't and one would have to ask why she would lie about such a detail.  In any case, the fact that there was at least one child crying somewhere in the near vicinity for over an hour was confirmed by Pamela Fenn who presumably would have no reason to lie, unless we are to doubt the word of every witness as a matter or course.

stephen25000

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
I have not claimed to know when Kate told the truth - either she did and the kids were awake the night before, or she didn't and one would have to ask why she would lie about such a detail.  In any case, the fact that there was at least one child crying somewhere in the near vicinity for over an hour was confirmed by Pamela Fenn who presumably would have no reason to lie, unless we are to doubt the word of every witness as a matter or course.

Now remind me Mr. Jones, how did km refer to Mrs Fenn after she expressed her concerns ?

Mrs. Fenn of course had no reason to lie, whilst km ,if concealing the truth,did.

Offline jassi

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 07:56:01 PM »
You might be surprised at how many  have tried to rubbish Mrs Fenn's testimony.

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »
Sedation isn't always effective - it can sometimes  be quite hit and miss.
Can you give me any further information on this?  Kate and Gerry are doctors so would presumably know about the most effective methods of sedation wouldn't you think?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
Now remind me Mr. Jones, how did km refer to Mrs Fenn after she expressed her concerns ?

Mrs. Fenn of course had no reason to lie, whilst km ,if concealing the truth,did.
therefore we can take it as truth that at least one child in the near vicinity was awake during that night for a prolonged period, unlikely therefore to have been sedated.