Author Topic: Julie Mugford's Statement - 8 August 1985  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Admin

Julie Mugford's Statement - 8 August 1985
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »
Julie Mugford's Statement - 8 August 1985

Offline John

Re: Julie Mugford's Statement - 8 August 1985
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
That statement was the first one Julie gave and it was made on the day following the murders.  Undoubtedly, she was still trying to come to terms with what had happened and was attempting to find a path through the chaos.

We have confirmation here that she did in fact attend the mortuary and view all five bodies.  I still feel DS Stan Jones and Essex Police were wrong to have allowed this unless this was a ploy to see if she would break?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline julie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
That statement was the first one Julie gave and it was made on the day following the murders.  Undoubtedly, she was still trying to come to terms with what had happened and was attempting to find a path through the chaos.

We have confirmation here that she did in fact attend the mortuary and view all five bodies.  I still feel DS Stan Jones and Essex Police were wrong to have allowed this unless this was a ploy to see if she would break?

I always wondered at that and why she did it.  It could have been an attempt to see how she would react. Didn't Jones see and hear something suspicious when he entered the room shortly after the murders when Jeremy and Julie had met for the first time?  That must have set him thinking being the die hard traditional type of detective he was.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

I always wondered at that and why she did it.  It could have been an attempt to see how she would react. Didn't Jones see and hear something suspicious when he entered the room shortly after the murders when Jeremy and Julie had met for the first time?  That must have set him thinking being the die hard traditional type of detective he was.
. Any decent person catching Bamber having a chuckle with his girlfriend immediately after five members of
his family had been murdered would have been suspicious at such a callous and disrespectful act.  In my opinion he was well and truly sussed from that point.  What a pompous git.
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline anglolawyer

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 12:53:27 AM »
Her account of the 3.30 a.m. phone call is pretty weird. Her boyfriend has called in the small hours sounding ‘disjointed & worried’ to say there is ‘something wrong at home’ & her reaction is to tell him to go to bed. Hmmm.

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »
Her account of the 3.30 a.m. phone call is pretty weird. Her boyfriend has called in the small hours sounding ‘disjointed & worried’ to say there is ‘something wrong at home’ & her reaction is to tell him to go to bed. Hmmm.
In her handwritten diary entry, (which admittedly was made later as an aide-memoire at the suggestion of Stan Jones maybe), Julie noted that Bamber said - "Everything is going well" Shiela has gone mad + his father didn't know what to do.  I said don't worry - (he) replied I've not been to bed all night - I told him to go to bed + try to sleep since everything would be OK in the morning. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=255.msg4231#msg4231

When questioned about how well he slept on that night, Bamber replied - "Like a log"!

You think she was more deeply involved, al?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.