Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 65197 times)

Offline misty

Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1pvDvPRaVhgJ:portugalresident.com/attorney-general-receives-%25E2%2580%259Cnew-theory%25E2%2580%259D-over-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Posted by PORTUGALPRESS on March 13, 2018
Attorney General receives “new theory” over disappearance of Madeleine McCann

A team of independent investigators working over the last decade has come up with what it believes happened to Madeleine McCann.

Just as the British Home Office is reported to be considering a new request by Metropolitan Police for the funding of its long-running Operation Grange investigation, the theory has landed on the desk of Portugal’s Attorney General.

It is explosive, it does not work to the accepted timeline, and it does not involve Portuguese gypsies or Eastern European child smugglers.

The objective of the 20-page letter, translated into Portuguese, is to prompt judicial authorities towards a reinvestigation.

Explains one the group’s principal spokespeople - a retired Nottinghamshire police superintendent - “it is important that people follow this logically, and without preconceptions, however shocking the conclusion may seem”.

“There is strong evidence, for example, that the famous Pool Photo was not taken on Thursday 3rd as was claimed.

“Weather reports, personal diaries, and many hundreds of photos on sites such as Flickr show that Thursday lunchtime was overcast and there was a cold Force 4 wind”.

The retired police officer is convinced that the mystery is “a very simple sad story” that for reasons unclear has been hopelessly muddled up.

As to why this may be the case, his response was a prememptory: “No Comment”.

“Any answers I give at this point would be personal opinions not based on facts or knowledge and therefore best avoided”, he said.

“It might be, after all, that the findings have "got through" and that a final answer is just around the corner.

“The last FOI (Freedom of Information) report from Grange stated there had been flights to Portugal in 2017:

“To date there have been 2 return flights to Portugal this year.

“In March three officers flew to Portugal at a total cost of £750 - whilst in May 2 officers flew to Portugal, costs being £500.

“To do WHAT ?

“How many of these had we heard about ?

“And don't forget that the CPS lawyers visited Portugal to speak to counterparts a couple of years ago . . .”

Thus for now, the team that calls itself the Madeleine McCann Research group waits.

The letter was sent on March 6 and has been tracked as having reached its destination.

Said one of the group’s members: “We can only hope the authorities take notice. If our findings get published in the Portuguese media, the authorities might be obliged to make an official statement and it might get reported in the UK.

“And then things finally might be able to move forwards…”

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Presumably Peter Mac (& Amaral's) latest project.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:36:51 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1pvDvPRaVhgJ:portugalresident.com/attorney-general-receives-%25E2%2580%259Cnew-theory%25E2%2580%259D-over-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Posted by PORTUGALPRESS on March 13, 2018
Attorney General receives “new theory” over disappearance of Madeleine McCann

A team of independent investigators working over the last decade has come up with what it believes happened to Madeleine McCann.

Just as the British Home Office is reported to be considering a new request by Metropolitan Police for the funding of its long-running Operation Grange investigation, the theory has landed on the desk of Portugal’s Attorney General.

It is explosive, it does not work to the accepted timeline, and it does not involve Portuguese gypsies or Eastern European child smugglers.

The objective of the 20-page letter, translated into Portuguese, is to prompt judicial authorities towards a reinvestigation.

Explains one the group’s principal spokespeople - a retired Nottinghamshire police superintendent - “it is important that people follow this logically, and without preconceptions, however shocking the conclusion may seem”.

“There is strong evidence, for example, that the famous Pool Photo was not taken on Thursday 3rd as was claimed.

“Weather reports, personal diaries, and many hundreds of photos on sites such as Flickr show that Thursday lunchtime was overcast and there was a cold Force 4 wind”.

The retired police officer is convinced that the mystery is “a very simple sad story” that for reasons unclear has been hopelessly muddled up.

As to why this may be the case, his response was a prememptory: “No Comment”.

“Any answers I give at this point would be personal opinions not based on facts or knowledge and therefore best avoided”, he said.

“It might be, after all, that the findings have "got through" and that a final answer is just around the corner.

“The last FOI (Freedom of Information) report from Grange stated there had been flights to Portugal in 2017:

“To date there have been 2 return flights to Portugal this year.

“In March three officers flew to Portugal at a total cost of £750 - whilst in May 2 officers flew to Portugal, costs being £500.

“To do WHAT ?

“How many of these had we heard about ?

“And don't forget that the CPS lawyers visited Portugal to speak to counterparts a couple of years ago . . .”

Thus for now, the team that calls itself the Madeleine McCann Research group waits.

The letter was sent on March 6 and has been tracked as having reached its destination.

Said one of the group’s members: “We can only hope the authorities take notice. If our findings get published in the Portuguese media, the authorities might be obliged to make an official statement and it might get reported in the UK.

“And then things finally might be able to move forwards…”

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Presumably Peter Mac (& Amaral's) latest project.

Does it include the alerts made by the two cadaver dogs

Offline misty

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
Does it include the alerts made by the two cadaver dogs

LOL. Presumably so, as no sceptic theory is complete without them.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:54 PM »
I expect that the PJ will be well impressed with being expected to wade through yet another 20-page missive based on "explosive" evidence that would in fact most likely require moving PdL to the east of Faro....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:17:48 PM by Carana »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »
Even if the last photo wasn't taken on the Thursday what difference does it make?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
You had my hopes up there for a minute Misty until I realised who the likely author of this "explosive" report is.  How mischevious of Natasha Donn to give this any coverage whatsoever, but I guess it will help sell her little paper. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 06:27:16 PM »
Even if the last photo wasn't taken on the Thursday what difference does it make?

It would indicate deception.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
You had my hopes up there for a minute Misty until I realised who the likely author of this "explosive" report is.  How mischevious of Natasha Donn to give this any coverage whatsoever, but I guess it will help sell her little paper.

What I posted is a cached copy from earlier today. It will be interesting to see if it makes the main page tonight.

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »

Something to do with a certain theory that she died soon after arrival, because one "researcher"'s "analysis" was that no statement of having seen her could be considered to be reliable. Or something. Therefore the last photo had to be discredited to fit in.

Alternative ones over time have been that she was cloned for the pharmaceutical industry and taken there as an experiment, that she never existed anyway... I expect others can think of a few more.

Take your pick.

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »
What I posted is a cached copy from earlier today. It will be interesting to see if it makes the main page tonight.

Ah. I was about to ask why you posted a cached copy...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 06:56:33 PM »
It seems strange that I'm not allowed to refer to these people as numpties  when they have investigated the case for ten years... Have sent a report to the Portuguese... But don't realise there was only one cadaver dog not two...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »
It seems strange that I'm not allowed to refer to these people as numpties  when they have investigated the case for ten years... Have sent a report to the Portuguese... But don't realise there was only one cadaver dog not two...
Who has said anything about the number of cadaver dogs?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »
Who has said anything about the number of cadaver dogs?

I have posted before... This group has, reported that martin grime...and his two cadaver dogs... That is something of a basic error... If anyone can take them seriously when they make such a basic error is beyond me

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »
I have posted before... This group has, reported that martin grime...and his two cadaver dogs... That is something of a basic error... If anyone can take them seriously when they make such a basic error is beyond me
You are jumping to conclusions Davel for there is nothing about the dogs in this latest report, and if both the EVRD and CSI dog are called "cadaver dogs" who cares.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
You are jumping to conclusions Davel for there is nothing about the dogs in this latest report, and if both the EVRD and CSI dog are called "cadaver dogs" who cares.

it seems I know a lot more about this report than you do having read the background from where it came...

who cares re the dogs...anyone who is interested in the precise facts...otherwise its garbage in and garbage out...and there s a lot of garbage about....but carry on if you think detail is not important