Author Topic: Netflix launches new 8-part documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 106392 times)

Offline G-Unit

I've finished watching all the episodes.
My over riding feeling at the moment is one of utter sadness.
The only comment for now is one of huge admiration for Jim Gamble for his sincerity, compassion and dedication.
His trying to control his emotions when describing how an abused child had been traced and found was most upsetting.

Caring about victims is extremely important and I'm sure that everyone involved in child protection cares. Children in poor countries like Cambodia aren't adequately protected by the authorities or even their parents.

Even in the UK it's difficult; Cambridgeshire doctor Myles Bradbury could have been arrested a year before he was if CEOP had been more efficient, as could other offenders. 

Gamble resigned before all that happened, but he resigned because he objected to CEOP being moved from SOCA to the NCA. As it was the NCA's review which uncovered CEOP's problems, it seems to me that the decision was justified.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/11/ceop_intel_handling_fail/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-29240758
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

Remember the judge, involved in the parents case against Leicestershire police I believe, who sent the little girl home to be killed by her dad or the case of Sally Clark who spent years in prison because of the judgement of a so called expert.
Professionals do make mistakes.

I do find it interesting that last week the supporter view was that dogs wouldn’t lick SF’s blood yet this week her judgement is beyond criticism. It’s a funny old case. Interesting though that she didn’t claim the parents were innocent.....perhaps she’s hedging her bets ?

It's just another example of judging a person according to their opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I remember the reluctance of some to condemn a certain person who was convicted of child abuse offenses. The thread on which has been either deleted or buried somewhere I think.
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

It's just another example of judging a person according to their opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I remember the reluctance of some to condemn a certain person who was convicted of child abuse offenses. The thread on which has been either deleted or buried somewhere I think.

It’s the same with Colin Sutton and Jim Gamble. Sutton is regularly lambasted even though he was a long serving officer in the Met and knows how they carry out investigations so his opinion carries weight. Gamble, on the other hand,  is also a long serving police officer but his expertise lies in counter terrorism and child exploitation which is not terribly helpful  if Madeleine wasn’t kidnapped and exploited.

I did notice in one of his interviews that Gamble said that if some evidence came to light that implicated the parents then he was willing to change his view. Another one hedging their bets it would appear.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

I don't remember some  posters, refusing to condemn the person... One perhaps.... You really shouldn't make such accusations

Offline Mr Gray

It’s the same with Colin Sutton and Jim Gamble. Sutton is regularly lambasted even though he was a long serving officer in the Met and knows how they carry out investigations so his opinion carries weight. Gamble, on the other hand,  is also a long serving police officer but his expertise lies in counter terrorism and child exploitation which is not terribly helpful  if Madeleine wasn’t kidnapped and exploited.

I did notice in one of his interviews that Gamble said that if some evidence came to light that implicated the parents then he was willing to change his view. Another one hedging their bets it would appear.

Another one making things up... I haven't seen Sutton regularly lambasted and neither have you

Offline G-Unit

I don't discuss my interest in the McCann case with family members because I don't expect others ro share my interest. I have noticed two taking an interest because they watched the Netflix series. One of them was impressed by....Amaral. The other was unimpressed by.....the McCann's stndard of childcare.

If nothing else Netflix has stirred interest. Perhapd because they put everything in one place.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

I don't discuss my interest in the McCann case with family members because I don't expect others ro share my interest. I have noticed two taking an interest because they watched the Netflix series. One of them was impressed by....Amaral. The other was unimpressed by.....the McCann's stndard of childcare.

If nothing else Netflix has stirred interest. Perhapd because they put everything in one place.

Impressed by amaral... How could anyone be impressed by amaral

Offline Erngath

Impressed by amaral... How could anyone be impressed by amaral

Probably just another example of  judging a person according to their opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

Probably just another example of  judging a person according to their opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann!

As far as I know they have np opnion themselves about the case , so that's not the reason. It was just the way he came across.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

As far as I know they have np opnion themselves about the case , so that's not the reason. It was just the way he came across.

I find that impossible to believe ...are you sure you are not mistaken
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:10:03 PM by Davel »

Offline ShiningInLuz

My beloved, whose ear I have bent on this case for around 5 years, has watched the lot.

She found it informative, because it plowed through many things she had not connected together.

As to other Netflix viewers, who knows?   *%87
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

My beloved, whose ear I have bent on this case for around 5 years, has watched the lot.

She found it informative, because it plowed through many things she had not connected together.

As to other Netflix viewers, who knows?   *%87

And her opinion ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

I find that impossible to believe ...are you sure you are not mistaken

One of my grandsons watched the episodes, and his opinion was Amaral should have been in jail before Madeleine ever disappeared.
I suppose opinions will differ.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

One of my grandsons watched the episodes, and his opinion was Amaral should have been in jail before Madeleine ever disappeared.

I agree with your grandson.  What Amaral was doing in charge of the case is beyond my comprehension.

He volunteered you know, when he was supposed to go on holiday the next day.  Sofia was not at all impressed.

Offline faithlilly

So do you agre that someone should be put in prison before being tried ?