Author Topic: Where has the £266,000 gone?  (Read 47659 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Where has the £266,000 gone?
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »
I didn't misunderstand anything.  I said you agreed with me that Amaral's book concludes that the McCanns hid Madeleine's body, you've confirmed that you did, what games are you playing here?

Are you serious? The book said 'probably'. That's a qualifying word.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Ah yes, who wielded that stick? The Daily Mail had a go;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1131284/Where-2m-gave-Madeleine-McCann-gone.html

Why fundraise when litigation can be so lucrative? Of course there's a risk factor; they were bound to run into a stubborn one eventually who refused to settle out of court.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.  The McCanns have sued and sued and the media have fallen over themselves to cough up without going into battle in the libel courts.  No doubt they thought Amaral would similarly roll over and agree to settle out of court.  Weren't they so wrong and now it could very well be them who has to cough up.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »
I think you have hit the nail on the head.  The McCanns have sued and sued and the media have fallen over themselves to cough up without going into battle in the libel courts.  No doubt they thought Amaral would similarly roll over and agree to settle out of court.  Weren't they so wrong and now it could very well be them who has to cough up.

The arrogance of the McCanns and the belief that others should pay for what they did wrong has probe their undoing.

Offline John

« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »
This topic has now been edited.  Several off topic posts will be moved to new topics.

Posters are again reminded not to post material which breaches forum rules.  TY
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:42:15 AM by Admin »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »
Anyway ~ have I missed the answer to my query asking where the story about the £266,000 originated?

Your query seems to have disappeared, but I'll help you out;

The McCanns’ fun stands at £480,000 but they face a £434,000 libel to former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1694829/kate-and-gerry-mccann-dump-long-serving-spokesman-in-bid-to-cut-spiralling-costs-of-hunt-for-missing-tot/

Sorry about the missing letters and words, but we have to make allowances for the Sun, I suppose.

As at 31 March 2015 the Fund had £746,152 - £480,000 = £266,152

No country has cause to be embarrassed about a decision made by it's judges in accordance with it's laws.

Portugal has been criticised by the ECHR in the past for suppressing freedom of expression, however, so it could be criticised again if it upholds the McCann claim.
http://ipi.freemedia.at/newssview/article/ipi-report-highlights-need-for-defamation-reform-in-portugal.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:51:19 AM by Admin »
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »
Your query seems to have disappeared, but I'll help you out;

The McCanns’ fun stands at £480,000 but they face a £434,000 libel to former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1694829/kate-and-gerry-mccann-dump-long-serving-spokesman-in-bid-to-cut-spiralling-costs-of-hunt-for-missing-tot/

Sorry about the missing letters and words, but we have to make allowances for the Sun, I suppose.

As at 31 March 2015 the Fund had £746,152 - £480,000 = £266,152

No country has cause to be embarrassed about a decision made by it's judges in accordance with it's laws.

Portugal has been criticised by the ECHR in the past for suppressing freedom of expression, however, so it could be criticised again if it upholds the McCann claim.
http://ipi.freemedia.at/newssview/article/ipi-report-highlights-need-for-defamation-reform-in-portugal.html
By Faithlilly's rules of engagement, without a bonafide named source for the information concnerning the amount remaining in the fund, we cannot take this information at face value.  It was probably made up by the tabloid to sell papers.  Isn't that the usual mantra?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »
By Faithlilly's rules of engagement, without a bonafide named source for the information concnerning the amount remaining in the fund, we cannot take this information at face value.  It was probably made up by the tabloid to sell papers.  Isn't that the usual mantra?

I wouldn't be at all surprised Alfie. I was just providing some information for someone else.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2016, 11:50:46 PM »
So it OK with you for them to declare one thing and then do something else with publicly donated funds?

Do you accept that their inability apparent unwillingness to keep the public fully I formed on a regular basis is contrary to best practice in such cases?
And does The Amaral Fund use best practice?

He just hides everything, whilst The Mccann Fund publishes figures.

Offline mercury

« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2016, 12:38:26 AM »
And does The Amaral Fund use best practice?

He just hides everything, whilst The Mccann Fund publishes figures.

Is the amaral defence fund a private limted co? Or any type that the PT authorities or general public would be interested in? any legal requirement they bemade public?Had anyone runnng it made promses and reneged on them? Is there any evidence that accounts havebeen HIDDEN?
Has it Had mllions in?
Has it had more than one raisondetre?
Hardly comparable and pretty low grade argument
Besides you avoided answering the question and used another question, very deflecting and telling.

Offline xtina

« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »
seems not everyone................ has not got the begging bowl out

Riddle of misinformation as media reports McCanns. "down to their last €72,000"

Portugal Resident
5 September 2016

All kinds of misinformation appears to be surfacing as the countdown begins on whether (or not) the Metropolitan Police search for Madeleine McCann is really due to end Click here.

The most bizarre detail appeared in Portugal’s national tabloid Correio da Manhã on Sunday, suggesting the McCanns were “reduced to €72,000” in a Fund that in its heyday had raked in close to €5 million.

The reasons, claims CM, are “travel expenses, payments to detective agencies and a €500,000 claim for damages from former PJ detective Gonçalo Amaral”, whose appeal against the €1.2 million civil suit lodged by the McCanns was upheld earlier this year Click here.

This last ‘reason’ for the depletion of the massive fund instantly set tongues wagging on various ‘Madeleine sites’ online.

No-one appears to have been aware of any kind of counter-claim by Amaral.

The truth is the ‘news’ is a red-herring.

The Resident has been in touch with the man whom the McCanns have been pursuing in court since 2009 and he told us he had “stopped reading Correio de Manhã years ago”.

“I don’t know what they are talking about,” he said. “The problems of the McCanns are their own,” he added. “I am not interested in their lives.”

But Amaral stressed that he has not asked for “any kind of compensation” - let alone €500,000.

“In my new book I touch on these subjects,” he told us, referring to the book he began writing when the Met’s multi-million pound Operation Grange investigation began Click here.

“But at this point in time, I have nothing to say.”

Amaral has always been a man who measured his words, and he has never had a press spokesman - as the McCanns have had throughout their nine-year ordeal.

Mainstream media reported last month that because of their current purported money troubles, the couple have decided to drop Clarence Mitchell as their media spokesperson.

But bystanders on fora dedicated to discovering the truth of what happened to the missing toddler have suggested the new ‘running-out-of-money stories’ could be a precursor to declaring that the McCanns will be unable to pay any kind of expenses on the legal horizon.

“I don’t know if this is just another publicity stunt,” said Jill Havern, who runs one of the many Madeleine online fora. “It was in the press a while ago that the McCanns were moving some money from the search fund in order to pay for future searches! People donated to the Madeleine Fund purely to search for her, not for legal bills, but that inconvenient truth appears to have been lost in all the PR nonsense.”

Certainly, there is a moral issue as to whether the Fund should be used for legal expenses as shortly after its inception, former trustee Esther McVey stressed the “spirit which underlies the generous donations” which she felt trustees had the “responsibility to steer” Click here.

McVey resigned from the Fund shortly after making this statement.

Meantime, eyes now are on October 5 - the date media sources claim could see an end to the Met’s long-running investigation that this far appears to have spent in excess of €15 million of British taxpayers’ money.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

http://portugalresident.com/riddle-of-misinformation-as-media-reports-mccanns-%E2%80%9Cdown-to-their-last-%E2%82%AC72000%E2%80%9D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:11:42 PM by John »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline misty

« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
seems not everyone................ has not got the begging bowl out

Riddle of misinformation as media reports McCanns. "down to their last €72,000"

Portugal Resident
5 September 2016

All kinds of misinformation appears to be surfacing as the countdown begins on whether (or not) the Metropolitan Police search for Madeleine McCann is really due to end Click here.

The most bizarre detail appeared in Portugal’s national tabloid Correio da Manhã on Sunday, suggesting the McCanns were “reduced to €72,000” in a Fund that in its heyday had raked in close to €5 million.

The reasons, claims CM, are “travel expenses, payments to detective agencies and a €500,000 claim for damages from former PJ detective Gonçalo Amaral”, whose appeal against the €1.2 million civil suit lodged by the McCanns was upheld earlier this year Click here.

This last ‘reason’ for the depletion of the massive fund instantly set tongues wagging on various ‘Madeleine sites’ online.

No-one appears to have been aware of any kind of counter-claim by Amaral.

The truth is the ‘news’ is a red-herring.

The Resident has been in touch with the man whom the McCanns have been pursuing in court since 2009 and he told us he had “stopped reading Correio de Manhã years ago”.

“I don’t know what they are talking about,” he said. “The problems of the McCanns are their own,” he added. “I am not interested in their lives.”

But Amaral stressed that he has not asked for “any kind of compensation” - let alone €500,000.

“In my new book I touch on these subjects,” he told us, referring to the book he began writing when the Met’s multi-million pound Operation Grange investigation began Click here.

“But at this point in time, I have nothing to say.”

Amaral has always been a man who measured his words, and he has never had a press spokesman - as the McCanns have had throughout their nine-year ordeal.

Mainstream media reported last month that because of their current purported money troubles, the couple have decided to drop Clarence Mitchell as their media spokesperson.

But bystanders on fora dedicated to discovering the truth of what happened to the missing toddler have suggested the new ‘running-out-of-money stories’ could be a precursor to declaring that the McCanns will be unable to pay any kind of expenses on the legal horizon.

“I don’t know if this is just another publicity stunt,” said Jill Havern, who runs one of the many Madeleine online fora. “It was in the press a while ago that the McCanns were moving some money from the search fund in order to pay for future searches! People donated to the Madeleine Fund purely to search for her, not for legal bills, but that inconvenient truth appears to have been lost in all the PR nonsense.”

Certainly, there is a moral issue as to whether the Fund should be used for legal expenses as shortly after its inception, former trustee Esther McVey stressed the “spirit which underlies the generous donations” which she felt trustees had the “responsibility to steer” Click here.

McVey resigned from the Fund shortly after making this statement.

Meantime, eyes now are on October 5 - the date media sources claim could see an end to the Met’s long-running investigation that this far appears to have spent in excess of €15 million of British taxpayers’ money.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

http://portugalresident.com/riddle-of-misinformation-as-media-reports-mccanns-%E2%80%9Cdown-to-their-last-%E2%82%AC72000%E2%80%9D

I believe the Sun was ready to print a story headlined "Maddie cop's sick secret" a few months ago. Perhaps that served as a warning to GA not to even contemplate suing anyone now?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:12:08 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2016, 05:35:26 PM »

I believe the Sun was ready to print a story headlined "Maddie cop's sick secret" a few months ago. Perhaps that served as a warning to GA not to even contemplate suing anyone now?

In what way?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2016, 05:45:29 PM »
In what way?

We have no idea what information the newspaper editors are sitting on, just waiting for the green light to publish.
However, while an appeal is pending & official lines of inquiry continue, it would be inconsiderate, at the very least, to start throwing spanners into the works.

Offline xtina

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »

you believe....oh right

would think you should no by now G A doesn't do warnings ....or take them............either way

as for suing the mccs ...unlike them he has nothing to prove ......

what happened to maddie is his main concern ...............not suing people ......
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »
We have no idea what information the newspaper editors are sitting on, just waiting for the green light to publish.
However, while an appeal is pending & official lines of inquiry continue, it would be inconsiderate, at the very least, to start throwing spanners into the works.

The appeal will have absolutely no effect on the ongoing enquiry, just like the preceding rulings and do you really think anything printed in a British tabloid could have any effect on an appeal that will be judged on a point of Portuguese law?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?