Author Topic: The 'Smithman' sighting  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The 'Smithman' sighting
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
Why would it be have to be hard if you had to hide something? You would need luck that not many people are out and about but if it was on the dark beach then nobody is going to be there. There's loose rocks on that beach. You could move loose rocks and hide a small body under them. You could throw a body into the sea from the rocky location. The point is it could be done so it cannot be ruled out.
. When you’ve carried a child’s body for half a mile, through a holiday resort before closing time, over craggy rocks on the beach in the dark and found a convenient space to hide the body where no one will think to look and no tracker dog will find it come back and tell us about it, until then I would venture you don’t know what you’re talking about
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »
I thought you knew my theory. No body stayed there.

"Thus, at the beginning of June, she informed us that the body could have been hidden in the outlet of a sewer pipe at Praia da Luz, or on the cliffs to the west of the beach, where she happened to run. She will say later that this information had been given to her by mediums possessing psychic power." TOTL
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »

"Thus, at the beginning of June, she informed us that the body could have been hidden in the outlet of a sewer pipe at Praia da Luz, or on the cliffs to the west of the beach, where she happened to run. She will say later that this information had been given to her by mediums possessing psychic power." TOTL
Who is "she"  in that context?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 11:27:07 PM »

I know your theory.  When you’ve had a go at doing what you believe wasn’t hard do come back and tell us all about it, until then your opinion is completely worthless IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2019, 04:27:21 AM »

Is that an extract from Amaral's book?
"Chapter 14

Madeleine's Parents Call Attention To Her Death

At the end of May, my wife Sofia visits me at the offices of the Department of Criminal Investigation in Portimão. She brings a flower basket filled with orchids, roses, lilies, and gerberas, decorated with butterflies and birds in shades of green and yellow, the two colours symbolising the mobilisation around Madeleine. A little note from my daughters accompanies it: "Papa, we love you, don't forget about us, but find Madeleine. Rita and Inès." That bouquet stayed in my office, withering as the days went by and the hope of finding Madeleine alive dwindled.

It is at this time that, suddenly, the parents seem to admit the possibility of their daughter's death. Afterwards - and to this day, if I am not mistaken -, they take exception to this hypothesis. Perhaps we were being naive, but it had seemed to us that Kate was going to provide us, indirectly, with indications about where her daughter's body was to be found. Thus, at the beginning of June, she informed us that the body could have been hidden in the outlet of a sewer pipe at Praia da Luz, or on the cliffs to the west of the beach, where she happened to run. She will say later that this information had been given to her by mediums possessing psychic power."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »
Why would it be have to be hard if you had to hide something? You would need luck that not many people are out and about but if it was on the dark beach then nobody is going to be there. There's loose rocks on that beach. You could move loose rocks and hide a small body under them. You could throw a body into the sea from the rocky location. The point is it could be done so it cannot be ruled out.

Ok so lets go with your theory that 'Smithman' hid the body on the beach when did he go back to recover said body?

People might not be out and about circa 10pm on the beach but stray animals might be and all manner of birds, insects and rodents would almost immediately descend on a corpse taking it down to skeleton within 24 hours. 

A body hastily thrown into the ocean from around the shoreline would wash up.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
That is why my theory is on a private thread because I am not allowed to bring in the actual names of who were searching alone that night at a very unusual time. If you want to know more then read that thread.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:00:00 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2019, 03:11:00 PM »
That is why my theory is on a private thread because I am not allowed to bring in the actual names of who were searching alone that night at a very unusual time. If you want to know more then read that thread.

Ok so lets assume 'Smithman' hid a body under rocks at circa 10pm.  What exactly do you believe 'Smithman' did later that night when he returned?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
My theory thread.

Something to think about:

“There’s no use running around like a headless chicken in a crisis. You need to plan your goals and put them into action." (Gerry McCann)

"Everybody was just running around like sort of headless chickens." (Matt Oldfield)

Smithman had a good plan  ?>)()<
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:47:26 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »
My theory thread.

Something to think about:

“There’s no use running around like a headless chicken in a crisis. You need to plan your goals and put them into action." (Gerry McCann)

"Everybody was just running around like sort of headless chickens." (Matt Oldfield)

Smithman had a good plan  ?>)()<

Thanks but I'm not really into cliches.

Can you please expand on your theory re 'Smithman' after he temporarily and hurriedly hides a body, possibly MM, under a rock on the beach at circa 10pm.  Your further posts seem to suggest he went back to this hidden body, under a rock, on the beach, later on 3rd May/early hours 4th May what does he then do?