Author Topic: UK police believe they know who kidnapped Madeline McCann australian story  (Read 8010 times)

Offline carlymichelle

UK police believe they know who kidnapped Madeline McCann australian story

UK police say gang of thieves snatched Madeleine McCann in a burglary 'gone wrong'

STAFF WRITERS
   news.com.au
   January 05, 2014 4:06PM

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/lifestyle/uk-police-say-gang-of-thieves-snatched-madeleine-mccann-in-a-burglary-gone-wrong/story-fni0d7e6-1226795199295

UK police say they know who kidnapped British four-year-old Maddie McCann in Portugal seven years ago, and are angry and frustrated they cannot swoop in and arrest the men.

Three men who were members of a gang of thieves are now prime suspects in Maddie's abduction from a Portuguese beach resort in 2007.

Scotland Yard police officers have identified the men in the enduring mystery of the girl's disappearance.

British detectives have analysed mobile phone records of the men who are believed to be members of a burglary gang preying on tourists in the Algarve beach resort town of Praia da Luz around the time Madeleine vanished.

The police have tracked a high volume of calls between the three men in the hours after Madeleine was reported missing from the holiday apartment rented by her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Kate and Gerry McCann outside the hotel in Portugal where their 4-year-old daughter Maddie was abducted in 2007. Picture: AFP...

Kate and Gerry McCann outside the hotel in Portugal where their 4-year-old daughter Maddie was abducted in 2007. Picture: AFP. Source: AFP

They are frustrated with the incompetence of the Portuguese investigation into the case, and with delays in pouncing on the suspects.

The UK police's leading scenario is the thieves broke into the apartment, disturbed the young girl and fled with her in what was a burglary gone wrong, rather than earlier speculation she was targeted by paedophiles or child abductors.

Mr and Mrs McCann, who had been dining with friends at a nearby location returned home to find their daughter had vanished.

Checks into the three men's criminal history and family backgrounds are believed to be made, but UK authorities are hamstrung by the fact they cannot make arrests in a foreign country, and none of the men are British.

Photograph of missing Madeleine McCann taken during the holiday at Praia Da Luz, Portugal, from where she was kidnapped in 20...

Photograph of missing Madeleine McCann taken during the holiday at Praia Da Luz, Portugal, from where she was kidnapped in 2007. Picture: AP. Source: News Limited

Widespread criticism of the bungled Portuguese police investigation into the McCann case includes they gave little weight to the fact the McCann's holiday flat ad been broken into.

Scotland Yard believes the thieves accidentally woke Madeleine up, panicked and decided to take her with them when they fled the premises.

The burglars are now the focus of their inquiries, which has been thwarted by Portuguese authorities refusal to co-operate formally in a joint investigation.

UK detectives are said to be keen to arrest the men for questioning, but have to await diplomatic negotiations between the respective governments for permission to operate within Portugal.

UK police believe they know who kidnapped Madeline McCann, the 4-year-old daughter of Kate and Gerry McCann (above) in 2007. ...

UK police believe they know who kidnapped Madeline McCann, the 4-year-old daughter of Kate and Gerry McCann (above) in 2007. Picture: AFP. Source: AFP

They have also discounted a theory favoured by Portuguese police, that a 40-year-old former employee at the holiday complex where the McCanns stayed was Madeleine's kidnapper.

The man has since died in an accident.

The British detectives who have examined the records of mobile of thousands of people who were in Praia da Luz in May 2007 describe the phone analysis as "compelling".

In another development, Kate and Gerry McCann have been refused permission to give evidence at a defamation trial in Portugal over a book written by a former local police chief about the case.

Online Eleanor

Don't hold your breath.

Offline jassi

Is this not the same as the Daily Mail ran yesterday?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline colombosstogey

Yes it is more or less word for word lol....load of rubbish poor poor poor reporting its disgusting.

Offline jassi

I do wonder about media motivation - is it just money or are they just taking the piss to show how ridiculous it has all become ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Yes i tried to start a thread on it but it was......supressed

Offline pegasus

Offer one uk paper an exclusive, on condition the paper uses the provided wording.
Clone that one article worldwide.
And Voila! Worldwide coverage, all with the desired wording.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:51:51 PM by pegasus »

Offline pinkblossoms

Jeez not another thread on this news story,its yesterdays news carly,and is already being discussed on another thread (latest news on madeleine)

stephen25000

I do wonder about media motivation - is it just money or are they just taking the piss to show how ridiculous it has all become ?

Good question.

The stories have become worse than a farce and SY look even more ridiculous.

Offline pinkblossoms

Good question.

The stories have become worse than a farce and SY look even more ridiculous.

not as ridiculous as Portugal's key stone cops  @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

Re: UK police believe they know who kidnapped Madeline McCann australian story
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »
not as ridiculous as Portugal's key stone cops  @)(++(*

dont insult the keystone cops

@)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »
not as ridiculous as Portugal's key stone cops

They don't pretend to be the world's finest, of course.

Or maybe not -

Offline pinkblossoms

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »

@)(++(* @)(++(*

@)(++(*

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »

@)(++(* @)(++(*

Actually, the keystone cops would have been more likely to solve the crime than the current crop. 8)--))

and they of course are fictional.

Offline pinkblossoms

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
Actually, the keystone cops would have been more likely to solve the crime than the current crop. 8)--))

and they of course are fictional.

the current cops wouldn't have to solve anything if the pj had done their jobs properly in the first place,stick in ya pipe stephen25000  ?>)()<