Author Topic: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?  (Read 11554 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2020, 12:06:14 AM »
I don’t think things panned out as they’d hoped.
Oh?  Why not?  The thing is if you want to ensure a good and steady flow of oil from somewhere it’s best not to plunge that somewhere into a state of war and chaos.  Hence why I don’t believe oil was the motivating factor. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2020, 12:21:48 AM »
Oh?  Why not?  The thing is if you want to ensure a good and steady flow of oil from somewhere it’s best not to plunge that somewhere into a state of war and chaos.  Hence why I don’t believe oil was the motivating factor.

Do you really think that the US administration envisaged war and chaos or did they envisage a something similar to the smooth hand over of power as happened during the coup in Iran in 1953 ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2020, 12:32:29 AM »
Do you really think that the US administration envisaged war and chaos or did they envisage a something similar to the smooth hand over of power as happened during the coup in Iran in 1953 ?
I don’t know - did the USA drop 10000 tons of bombs on Tehran?  I wasn’t born then so perhaps you can enlighten me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2020, 12:37:32 AM »
I don’t know - did the USA drop 10000 tons of bombs on Tehran?  I wasn’t born then so perhaps you can enlighten me.

You really should learn your history ( NB you don’t need to be alive to know it ).

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2020, 12:46:35 AM »
The US gets only a very small percentage  its oil from Iraq or Libya so I think that is a bit of a red herring.

No red herrings, they stole a lot of oil in the name of payment towards saving them poor souls from  erm... the boogie man. Big bad Muslim talibanies

Saddam Hussein was assassinated without trial. Nice work Tony.

I cried when I saw on BBC live (they showed it live- I saw it on tape years later) the OMG wow its shock and awe  and whooo look at those bombs dropping.  whooplah we are winning a war!  It was PR and a disgrace! slaughter of the innocents.

erm did anyone see the dead children who didn't declare war?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
You really should learn your history ( NB you don’t need to be alive to know it ).
You likened US actions in Iraq with their part in the downfall of the Iranian regime, saying that the US hoped it would all work out the same way, and I’m asking - did that involve declaring war on Iran  and a massive blitzkrieg of missiles plunging the country into chaos and destruction?  A simple yes or no will suffice. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:13:54 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »
No red herrings, they stole a lot of oil in the name of payment towards saving them poor souls from  erm... the boogie man. Big bad Muslim talibanies

Saddam Hussein was assassinated without trial. Nice work Tony.

I cried when I saw on BBC live (they showed it live- I saw it on tape years later) the OMG wow its shock and awe  and whooo look at those bombs dropping.  whooplah we are winning a war!  It was PR and a disgrace! slaughter of the innocents.

erm did anyone see the dead children who didn't declare war?
How much oil did the US steal?  Was it a lot more than this?
“The U.S. alone spent $60 billion over nine years — some $15 million a day — to rebuild Iraq”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/12/88-point-2-billion-us-dollar-price-tag-for-rebuilding-iraq-after-islamic-state-war.html

If so, kindly provide the cite.
Moreover what the heck is the Donald talking about here if the oil has already been stolen?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/21/donald-trump-iraq-war-oil-strategy-seizure-isis

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
You likened US actions in Iraq with their part in the downfall of the Iranian regime, saying that the US hoped it would all work out the same way, and I’m asking - did that involve declaring war on Iran  and a massive blitzkrieg of missiles plunging the country into chaos and destruction?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Different time, different method...the same hoped for result. You really should look it up.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
How much oil did the US steal?  Was it a lot more than this?
“The U.S. alone spent $60 billion over nine years — some $15 million a day — to rebuild Iraq”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/12/88-point-2-billion-us-dollar-price-tag-for-rebuilding-iraq-after-islamic-state-war.html

If so, kindly provide the cite.
Moreover what the heck is the Donald talking about here if the oil has already been stolen?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/21/donald-trump-iraq-war-oil-strategy-seizure-isis

I thought American didn’t need Iraq’s oil.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2020, 12:08:11 PM »
I thought American didn’t need Iraq’s oil.
This is Trump in  2016, according to you and Misstaken the US already got their hands on it and that’s why they bombed the hell out of Iraq?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2020, 12:09:46 PM »
Different time, different method...the same hoped for result. You really should look it up.
I asked you how plunging a country into physical chaos and destruction by bombing it is conducive to keeping the oil flowing to the US.  You then compared it to Iran in the 50s where there was no declaration of war and no bombing. therefore IMo no comparison.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
This is Trump in  2016, according to you and Misstaken the US already got their hands on it and that’s why they bombed the hell out of Iraq?

That’s not what I said ( you seem to be making a habit of misquoting me). I said that was the intention..of course the reality turned out to be somewhat different.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2020, 03:41:19 PM »
That’s not what I said ( you seem to be making a habit of misquoting me). I said that was the intention..of course the reality turned out to be somewhat different.
Miss Taken claimed the USA stole Iraq’s oil.  You are claiming they would have stolen it if it hadn’t been for what I don’t know.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2020, 03:52:51 PM »
Miss Taken claimed the USA stole Iraq’s oil.  You are claiming they would have stolen it if it hadn’t been for what I don’t know.

I’ll just leave this here.

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz/index.html

Offline Venturi Swirl