Author Topic: YouCaring fundraising account by Robittybob1  (Read 9096 times)

Offline Robittybob1

YouCaring fundraising account by Robittybob1
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
I have set up a You Caring appeal for funding a trip to Praia da Luz.  There are several issues related to the McCann story that I would like to research myself.
Can the forum please make as many possible suggestion for things they would like checked out so I maximise the benefit of travelling there.

I haven't got a target year yet, I can't imagine it will be this year but who knows.

What would you like me to check out for you?

List of items to check as of today.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9111.msg444427#msg444427

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:21:35 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: YouCaring fundraising account by Robittybob1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
I have set up a Go Fund Me appeal for funding a trip to Praia da Luz.  There are several issues related to the McCann story that I would like to research myself.
Can the forum please make as many possible suggestion for things they would like checked out so I maximise the benefit of travelling there.

I haven't got a target year yet, I can't imagine it will be this year but who knows.

You can read about my plan so far.  https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869?utm_source=mandrill&utm_medium=email&utm_content=organizer&utm_campaign=fundraiser-live

I think you will be lucky to get 5 euros never mind 5000
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:04:37 PM by John »

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »
Well i wouldn't mind donating , just to show the slamming door scenario - impossible imo.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
Then donate
Rob claims to have studied the case for many hours so he must be an expert
He might want to check... Before he books his flight... That the, apartment  is for rent... As I understand... It isnt

Offline Lace

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 02:14:21 PM »
I have set up a Go Fund Me appeal for funding a trip to Praia da Luz.  There are several issues related to the McCann story that I would like to research myself.

You can read about my plan so far.  https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869?utm_source=mandrill&utm_medium=email&utm_content=organizer&utm_campaign=fundraiser-live

You won't be able to hire out 5a if that is what you meant Rob,  it has been sold.

Offline Lace

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 02:15:03 PM »
Sorry Davel didn't see your post.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
I think you will be lucky to get 5 euros never mind 5000
Well obviously I hope you are wrong.  I'm sure if we plan it right we should be able to make it work.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
Well i wouldn't mind donating , just to show the slamming door scenario - impossible imo.
Well then do it get the ball rolling.  I should also make the pledge that if I don't complete the trip in say 3 years I will refund any donations.  Well that will depend on the functionality of the "You Caring" site letting me know where all the donations came from.  I have a feeling it won't give out that sort of detail as per the "You Caring" site, but here you have PMs and many talk to me already via email any way.
I think the idea of having the feed back from that trip a rather important feature as well.
In fact if the funds do eventuate and it exceeds 5,000 Euro If anyone else would like to join me they would be most welcome, (well I would consider that, as I have just asked my NZ helper and she seemed reluctant (too many pets etc)).
I'm getting excited by the idea, we could solve some of these basic issues.  OK weather patterns are a bit more difficult to organise. So my stay there could be extended, but we'll play it by ear.

I was being conservative when saying 5,000 Euros as really I will be paying the majority of the expenses out of my own pocket, especially if the stay becomes extended to get the right wind conditions.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:17:29 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 05:11:45 PM »
Then donate
He might want to check... Before he books his flight... That the, apartment  is for rent... As I understand... It isnt
If it is privately owned that might still work, it will be a matter of contacting the current owner.  If there are people living there we may be able to bunk in or just go around there on the times we need to and stay in other accommodation.
So if anyone know the current owner's details that would be most helpful. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »
Well then do it get the ball rolling.  I should also make the pledge that if I don't complete the trip in say 3 years I will refund any donations.  Well that will depend on the functionality of the Go Fund me site letting me know where all the donations came from.  I have a feeling it won't give out that sort of detail as per the Go Fund Me site, but here you have PMs and many talk to me already via email any way.
I think the idea of having the feed back from that trip a rather important feature as well.
In fact if the funds do eventuate and it exceeds 5,000 Euro If anyone else would like to join me they would be most welcome, (well I would consider that, as I have just asked my NZ helper and she seemed reluctant (too many pets etc).
I'm getting excited by the idea, we could solve some of these basic issues.  OK weather patterns are a bit more difficult to organise. so my stay there could be extended, but we'll play it by ear.

I was being conservative when saying 5,000 Euros as really I will be paying the majority of the expenses out of my own pocket, especially if the stay becomes extended to get the right wind conditions.

I  think you have totally miscalculated the level of support  you might get and also not realised the, apartment  is no longer to let

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »
Then donate
I am getting the same feeling myself.  I'm actually feeling like an expert but I don't focus on things like the fund, or Amaral's past or the Metodo 3 issues (that Angelo brings up).  I'm focusing on the McCanns and their friends ATM and the way Ocean Club business operated.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »
I  think you have totally miscalculated the level of support  you might get and also not realised the, apartment  is no longer to let
As long as it hasn't been bulldozed down there are ways around it.  Come on be a bit more optimistic.  Can't you think of some aspect you might want checked out by a team.  Exact measurement of distances etc. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »
As long as it hasn't been bulldozed down there are ways around it.  Come on be a bit more optimistic.  Can't you think of some aspect you might want checked out by a team.  Exact measurement of distances etc.
Afaiac the parents are ruled out.. So you are totally in the wrong direction

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Afaiac the parents are ruled out.. So you are totally in the wrong direction
I'm not looking at solving the case from this visit but to look at certain issues that are not explained.  Whooshing curtains, slamming doors, locking the apartment, main bedroom window security. 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
So far the "YouCaring" site that runs the fund raiser has been sending out all these suggestions on how to fund raise.  Like sharing on Facebook, and sending messages on Twitter.  Things that I'm not too hot on so it has thrown me into a whole new aspect of things to consider.  It feels like hard work.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:25:22 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation