Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239566 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 11:05:45 PM »
12 million spent.

Royal weddings cost much more than that.
I'm more  than happy to spend my tiny fraction of my tax to find a missing child.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 11:08:44 PM »
And what?
You really do believe that an investigation by NSY and the ongoing Portuguese investigation are still looking at Madeleine's parents as being suspects in her disappearance?
Really?

Why is that so ridiculous.....ah I know, the investigating forces have answered direct questions from a journalists with the least contentious answer. Okaaaay.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »
Why is that so ridiculous.....ah I know, the investigating forces have answered direct questions from a journalists with the least contentious answer. Okaaaay.

Not answering my original question?
Why after so many years and the ongoing current  investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese police and without any shred of tangible evidence, do you still believe the parents of Madeleine are guilty of whatever the diverse views of sceptics believe?
You do obviously believe they are guilty of some part in their daughters disappearance?
I'm just wondering what keeps you so steadfast in your belief?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 11:22:17 PM »
Each claim from a police spokesman that the parents are not suspects , be it in the U.K. or Portugal, has been in reply to a direct question from a journalist. No police spokesman has ever in an interview proferred this information spontaneously. If I’m wrong perhaps someone could provide the evidence?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 11:24:03 PM »
Not answering my original question?
Why after so many years and the ongoing current  investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese police and without any shred of tangible evidence, do you still believe the parents of Madeleine are guilty of whatever the diverse views of sceptics believe?
You do obviously believe they are guilty of some part in their daughters disappearance?
I'm just wondering what keeps you so steadfast in your belief?

I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

Has there been any tangible evidence against anyone else ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »
Royal weddings cost much more than that.
I'm more  than happy to spend my tiny fraction of my tax to find a missing child.

Name another missing child the UK government have spent 12 million to find?

In preparation for today’s announcement, senior officers from Operation Grange made 16 visits to Portugal in order to ensure that any potential difficulties were ironed out.

If a British suspect is ever charged with abduction or murder in the case, the law allows them to be tried at the Old Bailey in London, even if the alleged crime took place overseas.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10159992/Madeleine-McCann-How-the-British-led-investigation-will-operate-overseas.html

Less than a year later they were searching for a body.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 11:30:20 PM »
Each claim from a police spokesman that the parents are not suspects , be it in the U.K. or Portugal, has been in reply to a direct question from a journalist. No police spokesman has ever in an interview proferred this information spontaneously. If I’m wrong perhaps someone could provide the evidence?
Redwood’s statement.  He wasn’t asked if the polwere investigating the McCanns, he gave this information freely iirc.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 11:30:54 PM »
Do sceptics believe that in spite of the ongoing investigation into Madeleine's disappearance by both NSY and the current ongoing investigation by the Portuguese police that Madeleine's parents are guilty of whatever they believe they are guilty of?
The guilt has to be qualified because the guilt suspected by sceptics has a very wide range

There are a myriad of 'beliefs' surrounding Madeleine's case very many of which emanate from the dark days when the Judicial police were scandalously feeding the Portuguese press and media systematically with one calumny hard on the heels of another. 
Resulting in what must surely rank as the character assassination of the century directed against the parents of a missing child and by association anyone with the slightest connection to them.

I think there has been a general desensitisation as a result which allows so called sceptics free rein to get the boot in whenever and wherever they can thinking they have the high ground; the indecency of it all is that the current police investigations into Madeleine's case don't seem to have had the slightest effect in giving them pause for thought.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 11:33:20 PM »
I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

Has there been any tangible evidence against anyone else ?

It's ok Faith Lilly, as expected no sceptic has explained why after many years of both  NSY  and the Portuguese police investigating Madeleine's disappearance  Sceptics still cling to the belief that her parents are involved in her disappearance.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 11:33:25 PM »
I think it's obvious they have been eliminating all possibilities. A large chunk was spent on an operation to find a body so that suggests what they think!
This is totally illogical.  Police do not start by investigating the least likely so as to eliminate them to work up to the most likely, nor does looking for a body in PdL mean they think the McCanns did it.  You may be much in demand for your opinion in another case but in this one your reasoning is painfully flawed imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 11:35:32 PM »
Name another missing child the UK government have spent 12 million to find?

In preparation for today’s announcement, senior officers from Operation Grange made 16 visits to Portugal in order to ensure that any potential difficulties were ironed out.

If a British suspect is ever charged with abduction or murder in the case, the law allows them to be tried at the Old Bailey in London, even if the alleged crime took place overseas.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10159992/Madeleine-McCann-How-the-British-led-investigation-will-operate-overseas.html

Less than a year later they were searching for a body.

But yet after all the years of investigation by both  NSy and the Portuguese you do still be!ieve Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.
Why?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 11:39:39 PM »
But yet after all the years of investigation by both  NSy and the Portuguese you do still be!ieve Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.
Why?
Three words Erngarth:

Dogs Don’t Lie

@)(++(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »
But you do cling to the belief that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance in spite of no indication from either the  current NSY and the Portuguese investigation.
Why?
The current investigations by the Judicial police and Scotland Yard are undoubtedly taking place solely as a result of Madeleine's parent's unceasing efforts and lobbying of the powers that be on her behalf.
I think it is illogical to suppose that they agitated as hard as they did or as long as they did for Madeleine's case to be investigated if they were guilty of any involvement in her disappearance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 11:46:45 PM »
Three words Erngarth:

Dogs Don’t Lie

@)(++(*

God help us all if a dog's sense of smell becomes the arbiter of guilt or innocence.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 11:55:06 PM »
The current investigations by the Judicial police and Scotland Yard are undoubtedly taking place solely as a result of Madeleine's parent's unceasing efforts and lobbying of the powers that be on her behalf.
I think it is illogical to suppose that they agitated as hard as they did or as long as they did for Madeleine's case to be investigated if they were guilty of any involvement in her disappearance.

Undoubtedly true but the usual sceptic response is along the lines of  and fill in any missing words grab a tiger by the tail.
And why on earth would her parents iniate and continue a campaign to ask our government to  open and continue the investigation into her disappearance.