Author Topic: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"  (Read 50982 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »
FWIW I felt that Corinne came across in the programme as utterly sincere and truthful.  Of course she could be completely self-deluded and in denial but that's not how she came across to me.

Where was Shane Mitchell and why isn’t he helping to care for his mum?

Why didn’t Corrine mention him? Infact where were pictures of Shane?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »
Where was Shane Mitchell and why isn’t he helping to care for his mum?

Why didn’t Corrine mention him? Infact where were pictures of Shane?
Yes I agree that was a glaring omission.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2021, 11:14:53 AM »
That’s what innocence fraud does to the unsuspecting ‘casual observer’

I wasn’t convinced in the slightest
That's absolutely your prerogative and I have no firm opinion either way, but I've asked several times in the last few hours for what was the clinching piece or pieces of evidence in this case and so far no one has given me anything that resembles evidence "beyond all reasonable doubt". 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2021, 11:20:24 AM »
FWIW I felt that Corinne came across in the programme as utterly sincere and truthful.

What about - the fact she’d sold her house and had been living in her office for the past 6 years apparently?

I’d be interested to know the details behind why there was no toilet, running water or electricity in her office.

When the business was up and running - where was the toilet, running water and electricity then ?

And what was the legislation on this 6 years ago - or whenever her business was last up and running? Doesn’t health and safety legislation cover this?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:24:28 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2021, 11:52:43 AM »
That's absolutely your prerogative and I have no firm opinion either way, but I've asked several times in the last few hours for what was the clinching piece or pieces of evidence in this case and so far no one has given me anything that resembles evidence "beyond all reasonable doubt".

you're right, there wasnt one smoking gun in this case, but does there have to be? thats not how a multithreaded circumstantial case works.

the dury were presented hundreds of pieces of linked evidence during 42 day trial, pointing to the guilt of luke.

it'd exceptionally hard to distill the case against him down to a 2 part documentary thats easily digestible by casual observer

it boiled down to
- witness statements supporting sighting of him at top of path just before time or murder
- guilty knowledge of location of body and garments / accessories on body not visible post-death
- alibi found to be fabricated and destroyed on cross examination of brother
- missing knife / jacket
- hundreds of other supporting items of evidence which dont contradict all this

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2021, 12:07:53 PM »
Someone on Twitter has written this. I can't find any evidence for it. Has she made it up or got confused?

"Courts evidence said luke had a missing knife which could be the murder weapon. But Jodie's brother had Luke's knife and handed in to the police station after the murder"

https://twitter.com/Lianne13775100/status/1365079152911613954

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
Someone on Twitter has written this. I can't find any evidence for it. Has she made it up or got confused?

"Courts evidence said luke had a missing knife which could be the murder weapon. But Jodie's brother had Luke's knife and handed in to the police station after the murder"

Have you seen Sandra Lean’s Dr Truthseeker ‘interview’ on YouTube with Jane Metcalfe on murderer Robin Garbutt’s innocence fraud?

Might be worth reading up on it?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2021, 12:13:43 PM »
What about - the fact she’d sold her house and had been living in her office for the past 6 years apparently?

I’d be interested to know the details behind why there was no toilet, running water or electricity in her office.

When the business was up and running - where was the toilet, running water and electricity then ?

And what was the legislation on this 6 years ago - or whenever her business was last up and running? Doesn’t health and safety legislation cover this?
I don't see why that is relevant?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2021, 12:15:52 PM »
you're right, there wasnt one smoking gun in this case, but does there have to be? thats not how a multithreaded circumstantial case works.

the dury were presented hundreds of pieces of linked evidence during 42 day trial, pointing to the guilt of luke.

it'd exceptionally hard to distill the case against him down to a 2 part documentary thats easily digestible by casual observer

it boiled down to
- witness statements supporting sighting of him at top of path just before time or murder
- guilty knowledge of location of body and garments / accessories on body not visible post-death
- alibi found to be fabricated and destroyed on cross examination of brother
- missing knife / jacket
- hundreds of other supporting items of evidence which dont contradict all this
Hmm, all the above seemed quite shaky from the way they were presented in the programme last night, for example the changing statements of the two witnesses who were with Luke when the body was found - true or false?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »

I suspect there will be several people ‘confused’ by what was presented throughout the 2 part ‘show’ - that was the point

To create doubt using psychological manipulation tactics - as I see it - for example Sandra Lean appears to have attempted to use the ‘illusionary effect truth’ tactic for 17 years

https://thedecisionlab.com/biases/illusory-truth-effect/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:25:53 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2021, 12:19:11 PM »
Hmm, all the above seemed quite shaky from the way they were presented in the programme last night, for example the changing statements of the two witnesses who were with Luke when the body was found - true or false?

What do Luke Mitchell’s statements say exactly regarding what he said and didn’t say and what his actions were that night?

Have you seen his witness statements ?

Might be an idea to ask for them to be published - they are his statements after all - if he has nothing to hide he won’t have a problem with this
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:21:56 PM by Nicholas »

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »
Have you seen Sandra Lean’s Dr Truthseeker ‘interview’ on YouTube with Jane Metcalfe on murderer Robin Garbutt’s innocence fraud?

Might be worth reading up on it?

No, I haven't, and I don't think much of Sandra Lean the anti-vaxx oddball - but I don't think that answered my question

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2021, 12:25:57 PM »
Does anyone have a PDF of Sandra Lean's Innocents Betrayed book? I'd like to read it but would rather not give her money

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2021, 12:29:00 PM »
Does anyone have a PDF of Sandra Lean's Innocents Betrayed book? I'd like to read it but would rather not give her money

I recall in the past her book ‘No Smoke’ was published on the net - no idea if it’s still available

Sandra has made it clear with her 2nd book release she wants to make money from sales ⬇️  - I very much doubt she will release it as a pdf

Sandra Lean
@SandraLean5
Luke Mitchell - fourteen, fitted up and forgotten. It's time for the truth. Profits to Long Road to Justice - a new organisation being set up to help wrongly accused and convicted.
8:29 AM · Apr 2, 2019·Twitter Web Client

Anyone know what happened to the long road to justice?

http://longroadtojustice.com/blurb/

Sandra lean
“Today, my book about the case, Innocents Betrayed, was launched. Profits from the book are being donated to help fund a new organisation, Long Road to Justice, which will be taking a radically new approach to helping the fight against injustice.

Details of the book can be found here:

www.longroadtojustice.com
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg448049.html#msg448049

Link www.longroadtojustice.com bowcappears to be working btw

For anyone interested - convicted but exonerated murderer *Michael O’Briens book which Sandra Lean has on her site - alongside Michelle Diskin Bates  @)(++(* and convicted killer Michelle Nicholson - it’s publication ceased some time ago apparently
And recently Andrew Green was selling off copies of his book directly for a tenner

Andrew N Green
@agreenanarchist
Nov 17, 2020
If you want a copy for £10, send me a direct message

* I remain of the firm view Michael O’Brien, Darren Hall and Ellis Sherwood murdered Philip Saunders
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:54:46 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2021, 12:54:38 PM »
What do Luke Mitchell’s statements say exactly regarding what he said and didn’t say and what his actions were that night?

Have you seen his witness statements ?

Might be an idea to ask for them to be published - they are his statements after all - if he has nothing to hide he won’t have a problem with this
I was referring to what the two accompanying him said in their first statement re: the dog sniffing the air (apparently corroborating Mitchell's statement) versus their second statement when they make no mention of this - is this true or not?