Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464869 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #4755 on: January 07, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
Do you think so?  I really don't.

Extremely lucky imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4756 on: January 07, 2019, 05:46:59 PM »
There is little which connects the conduct of Madeleine's case with even the Gene Hunt era in British policing and if you don't think failure to check one of the very few CCTV cameras in Luz is an investigative failure that is your prerogative.

Of course the camera may not even have been working at the time in question, as sometimes seems to be the case with these pesky cameras.
Missed opportunity to tick a box though
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4757 on: January 07, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »

Wasn't there another camera that Amaral got to too late?

Offline misty

« Reply #4758 on: January 07, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »
Of course the camera may not even have been working at the time in question, as sometimes seems to be the case with these pesky cameras.
Missed opportunity to tick a box though

On 26/5/2007 the Smiths undertook a "secret" reconstruction for the PJ. Did no-one at that time notice the presence of the CCTV on Estrela da Luz or during subsequent checks on possible routes from 5A to the Smiths' sighting location? Aside from that, the journalist met at Hugo Beatty's in the same hotel for daily updates....and no-one thought to check?
Paiva got the CCTV from the Paraiso Beach Restaurant on 9/5/07.......http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/OA3_8/03_volume_III_o_apenso_VIII_Page_675.jpg.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4759 on: January 07, 2019, 06:53:42 PM »
On 26/5/2007 the Smiths undertook a "secret" reconstruction for the PJ. Did no-one at that time notice the presence of the CCTV on Estrela da Luz or during subsequent checks on possible routes from 5A to the Smiths' sighting location? Aside from that, the journalist met at Hugo Beatty's in the same hotel for daily updates....and no-one thought to check?
Paiva got the CCTV from the Paraiso Beach Restaurant on 9/5/07.......http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/OA3_8/03_volume_III_o_apenso_VIII_Page_675.jpg.

Estrela da Luz is a complex of apartments not a hotel.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #4760 on: January 07, 2019, 07:01:06 PM »
Estrela da Luz is a complex of apartments not a hotel.

An Aparthotel then. It's described as a hotel on the top google link for Estrela da Luz.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4761 on: January 07, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »

Is that why we have crimestoppers and crimewatch and annonymous reporting of crime?

This was a holiday resort, she may have felt she was helping and supporting the family by offering extra pair of hands. And as there was rumours of suspected burglars, she may have wanted to be a go between for anyone who was perhaps commiting a crime and may have saw something that night. Which does make sense actually.
If something was reported through "Crimestoppers" would the police even admit to that, if the request was to keep the information confidential?  The fact that the information is kept confidential is paramount to the way "Crimestoppers" works.  So we end up making guesses as to whether anyone happened to contact "Crimestoppers".

If someone admitted to a crime via "Crimestoppers" that wouldn't be subject to confidentiality, maybe they would still keep it quiet that "Crimestoppers" was involved.

What is the wording on the site?

"Give information on crime anonymously online."

"What we mean by anonymous
Anonymous means no-one will ever know you contacted Crimestoppers to pass on information about crime.
We know our guarantee to never ask for your name and never to make available details of your call is vitally important to you.

It makes it easier for you to come forward and break the silence around criminal activity.

Anonymous means
You will never be asked for your name.
Your call details will never be made available.
Your call or secure online web form will not be traced.
You will not have to make a statement to the police.
You will not appear in court.
We create a report from the information you give us. Our call takers will make sure it contains nothing that might identify you, eg if the call is about your neighbour we will not mention this, unless you volunteer this information. We don’t even make a note of your gender.

We understand how hard it can be to call, which is why all our call takers are trained to help you tell us everything you know.

We pass on any useful information to the relevant authorities, making sure your identity cannot be discovered.

Did you know…?
Crimestoppers’ promise of anonymity has never been broken.

To give information anonymously to Crimestoppers now, call 0800 555 111 or fill out our secure, anonymous online Giving Information Form."

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4762 on: January 07, 2019, 11:01:32 PM »
An Aparthotel then. It's described as a hotel on the top google link for Estrela da Luz.

I have stayed there and I can assure you it’s apartments not a hotel. In fact it’s much the same as the Mark Warner site, apartments surrounding a pool and restaurants.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #4763 on: January 08, 2019, 12:14:53 AM »
I have stayed there and I can assure you it’s apartments not a hotel. In fact it’s much the same as the Mark Warner site, apartments surrounding a pool and restaurants.

Estrela is fully secure with a 24hr reception & CCTV so not at all like MW site.
Perhaps you would address the point in my post as to why no-one apparently noticed the CCTV & management failed to offer the tapes to the police immediately just in case there was something relevant on them.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4764 on: January 08, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
Estrela is fully secure with a 24hr reception & CCTV so not at all like MW site.
Perhaps you would address the point in my post as to why no-one apparently noticed the CCTV & management failed to offer the tapes to the police immediately just in case there was something relevant on them.
Can you be sure they didn't offer the tapes to the PJ?  It was 2 weeks before the Smiths notified the PJ so IMO that is where the problem lies.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4765 on: January 08, 2019, 07:22:19 AM »
Can you be sure they didn't offer the tapes to the PJ?  It was 2 weeks before the Smiths notified the PJ so IMO that is where the problem lies.
If they offered the police the tapes and they didn’t even bother to look at them that would be even worse.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4766 on: January 08, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
BTW, while you were watching Colin Sutton on ITV there was a truly brilliant drama on C4 entitled “An Uncivil War” - catch it if you can.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4767 on: January 08, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »
If they offered the police the tapes and they didn’t even bother to look at them that would be even worse.
You would be unlikely to get the PJ to admit to that.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #4768 on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:37 AM »
Seems to me that we don't know if they got the tapes so critisising them for not looking at them seems a leap too far.
Rather like mobile phone data, cameras don't always show what you believe they will.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4769 on: January 08, 2019, 09:00:01 AM »
Seems to me that we don't know if they got the tapes so critisising them for not looking at them seems a leap too far.
Rather like mobile phone data, cameras don't always show what you believe they will.

As I understand it, Portuguese law doesn't allow cameras to be placed where they might pick up members of the public.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0