Author Topic: The question of the polygraph?  (Read 62960 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: The question of the polygraph?
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
And whether you were actually on a road which caught you out with a speeding ticket that you didn't yet know about, or your precise alibi when a nearby bank had been burgled?

Innocent or guilty or sort of half and half ... still cold sweat-time, perhaps?

Nah! being serious about it the cold sweat moment was receiving the letter from the cops in another county asking where I was at a particular time, with proof of course, as a car fitting the description of mine with a 2/3 match on the registration plate was seen at xxxxxx doing something dodgy...... oooer, mum help!
And another one; "there was accident on M? we know your car was in the vicinity (cameras) at the approximate time. If you were the driver did you see anything and will you please ask your passenger if he saw anything"?
Cold shivers down the spine when one realises just how much of trail one leaves behind going about ones legitimate business and how much one is being watched.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2015, 04:55:57 PM »
If the polygraph isn't 100% reliable, what 's the point? Just imagine if the polygraph found you innocent and you were in fact well and truly guilty.
Or guilty when you were in fact well and truly innocent.  I wouldn't take one if my liberty or my public image depended on it, despite the fact that I'm as innocent as the day is long...  8**8:/:

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #392 on: July 27, 2015, 06:41:13 PM »
I wouldn't take a polygraph if I were innocent!!. Don't blame McCANNS for refusing. but then why say they will then don't? they do it with everything to do with this case. That is why some folks suspect them if having an 'agenda'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #393 on: July 27, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
I wouldn't take a polygraph if I were innocent!!. Don't blame McCANNS for refusing. but then why say they will then don't? they do it with everything to do with this case. That is why some folks suspect them if having an 'agenda'

they never said they would...they said they would if requested to by the Portuguese police......

Offline John

« Reply #394 on: August 23, 2017, 11:53:46 PM »
they never said they would...they said they would if requested to by the Portuguese police......

They probably have enough savvey to ignore it.  The polygraph has no place in any justice system.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.