Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243579 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1680 on: April 25, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »
You recently lamented what, in your opinion, was a rejected opportunity for sceptics to enlighten people. Allow ne to try once agan. There are many sceptics in my opinion who had begun to wonder about the McCanns long before any of the alleged leaks by Amaral and/or his colleagues.

The problem, imo, isn't that sceptices have failed to share, but that supporters have refused to accept what they have said. What appears to be your unshakeable belief that without Amaral there would be no sceptics is completely wrong in my opinion.

I find it remarkable that without any source other than the media in which the police started leaking as early as a day after Madeleine disappeared ..."A badly told story" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm sceptics were able to 'wonder about the McCanns'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1681 on: April 25, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
In your previous post you shot the messenger while totally ignoring the culprit who leaked the tainted information in the first instance.
Which I think suggests you fail to recognise the implications of what Amaral did and did not do and I think your post above reinforces that opinion.

If I shot the messenger, I should be on warning points for a serious breach of forum rules, should I not?

Here's a little puzzle for you.

Next door, our neighbours have a big dog called Paulo.  And a one-eyed cat called Millieux.  Both wander on to our property regularly, for different reasons.

I am not afraid of either one.

But which one concerns me the most?
What's up, old man?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1682 on: April 25, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »
I find it remarkable that without any source other than the media in which the police started leaking as early as a day after Madeleine disappeared ..."A badly told story" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm sceptics were able to 'wonder about the McCanns'.

I was immediately sceptical about the story, & my suspicion was further enhanced by the McCanns May 4th statement, before I heard or read anything leaked about them.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1683 on: April 25, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »
If I shot the messenger, I should be on warning points for a serious breach of forum rules, should I not?

Next door, our neighbours have a big dog called Paulo.  And a one-eyed cat called Millieux.  Both wander on to our property regularly, for different reasons.

I doubt anyone gives a monkeys TBH

Offline The General

« Reply #1684 on: April 25, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »
I doubt anyone gives a monkeys TBH
I'm intrigued, and I just canvassed 6 other people and they are equally eager to here more. Please do tell SiL.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1685 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »

I find it remarkable how the McCann's relatives anf friends couldn't wait to tell the media all anout it the folloeing morning.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1686 on: April 25, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »

How would I know which if either concerned you at all?  I do not have sufficient information.

I am familiar with your posts and style and consider myself well able to form an opinion or opinions on that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1687 on: April 25, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
I find it remarkable how the McCann's relatives anf friends couldn't wait to tell the media all anout it the folloeing morning.

Which in particular sticks in your mind?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1688 on: April 25, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
I'm intrigued, and I just canvassed 6 other people and they are equally eager to here more. Please do tell SiL.
The dog, Paulo, is a big dog and he barks ferociously.  He acts as as guard dog for our neighbours.  He is kept on a chain, until he escapes his leash and comes to explore our property.  In reality, he is as soft as putty.

The one-eyed cat also likes visiting our property.  I am more worried about her.  My dog and the one-eyed cat had a face off the other day.  I was worried about our dog, cos I reckon the one-eyed cat would have won any fight.

I got in front of my dog.  I shoo'd the cat off.  The dog hid behind my legs.

Good result.  No animals got hurt in the 'making' of this true story.  Just a good day all round!

What's up, old man?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1689 on: April 25, 2019, 02:13:19 PM »
You recently lamented what, in your opinion, was a rejected opportunity for sceptics to enlighten people. Allow ne to try once agan. There are many sceptics in my opinion who had begun to wonder about the McCanns long before any of the alleged leaks by Amaral and/or his colleagues.

The problem, imo, isn't that sceptics have failed to share, but that supporters have refused to accept what they have said. What appears to be your unshakeable belief that without Amaral there would be no sceptics is completely wrong in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more, I suspected the McCanns, but had no idea who Amaral was until reading about him in a newspaper story of the book trial, roughly 2013, prior to me joining this forum.

If the McCann's hadn't pursued him in the courts, I may never have heard of him at all.

There's a quote by GA somewhere, but I can't find it, it was something along the lines of 'if they really are looking for their missing daughter, it is not in the Portuguese civil courts that they will find her.'

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1690 on: April 25, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
How would I know which if either concerned you at all?  I do not have sufficient information.

I am familiar with your posts and style and consider myself well able to form an opinion or opinions on that.

Don't fret yourself about that.  You have made it abundantly clear on many occasions.

Unfortunately, you are wrong.  I'd guess not for the first time in your life.  Unless you claim to be Buddha?
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1691 on: April 25, 2019, 02:22:58 PM »

The problem, imo, isn't that sceptices have failed to share, but that supporters have refused to accept what they have said. What appears to be your unshakeable belief that without Amaral there would be no sceptics is completely wrong in my opinion.

Thinking about your second paragraph certainly does raise some questions.  If the Portuguese had not allowed him to take up the investigation ... because he had been made an arguido in a torture case involving the mother of another missing child ... might the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance have taken an entirely different direction?

It is a tantalising thought.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1692 on: April 25, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
Thinking about your second paragraph certainly does raise some questions.  If the Portuguese had not allowed him to take up the investigation ... because he had been made an arguido in a torture case involving the mother of another missing child ... might the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance have taken an entirely different direction?

Who knows, maybe the McCanns would have been suspected & investigated from the outset, as oppose to several weeks later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1693 on: April 25, 2019, 02:34:41 PM »
Who knows, maybe the McCanns would have been suspected & investigated from the outset, as oppose to several weeks later.

Actually ... they did.

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'
Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends. Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story." We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped. To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1694 on: April 25, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »

Tantalise yourself no more. The investigation was directed by Encarnacao, Neves and the prosecutor. According to Sumers ans Swan the 'badly told story' remark was made by Encarnacao.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0