Author Topic: Does havng friends in high places have any bearing on Operation Grange?  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Brietta

Yeah go read her resignation letter. She was insisting that money should not be used for legal fees by the parents, and only for  searching for Madeleine.

Oh guess what the money was used for...

Please C&P the relevant part of the resignation letter and provide a link ... thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

And may I remind you that valid comments are removed from this site every day ,shall I say it, yes I will, by biased Moderators.

i think you will find that most of the removed comments are by me..

criticising  mods have you have done...in my case attracted 20 points...lets see

Offline Brietta

Back on topic please.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Please C&P the relevant part of the resignation letter and provide a link ... thank you.

I do not have the letter. John has already mentioned this on another thread  ask him for it..
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

The parents of Madeleine McCann are known to have friends in high places. In fact, this reach now extends right into the heart of government as Kate McCann's long standing friend Esther McVey MP is currently the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Indeed, McVey helped the family set up the Madeleine McCann Fund, becoming a founding trustee and very vocal spokesperson after its launch in May 2007. Esther and Kate first met in 1986, when they were both 18, at the North East Technical College in West Derby, where they were studying A-levels together.

McVey joined the board of Madeleine's Fund on 20 June 2007 and continued her role as spokesperson for the Fund until her resignation was announced in January 2008. This followed a dispute over the decision to use the Fund to pay the McCann's legal costs after they were made official suspects. McVey had previously insisted that the Fund's money would be focussed on finding Madeleine and leaving no stone unturned.

More recently, McVey resigned from the advisory board of the Samaritans after accusations of hypocrisy.

Under the Con-Dem government she worked as minister for disabled people, taking a leading role in ushering in the reviled bedroom tax and benefit sanctions blamed for driving desperate people to suicide.

Theresa May surprised many by promoting the Liverpool-born MP - who now represents Tatton - to the cabinet role. The move prompted an outpouring of anger from Merseyside MPs and members of the public - many of whom recalled Ms McVey’s actions during her last stint in the same department as Minister for Disabled People.

In the short time since the appointment was made public, more than 17,000 people have signed the petition calling for the former GMTV presenter to be sacked.

With friends like McVey in government, is it little wonder that the drip feed of funds to Scotland Yard continues with very little if anything coming back?

Well John?  show BRI The letter...

Offline Venturi Swirl

Yeah go read her resignation letter. She was insisting that money should not be used for legal fees by the parents, and only for  searching for Madeleine.

Oh guess what the money was used for...
Link please.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

(snip)

McVey joined the board of Madeleine's Fund on 20 June 2007 and continued her role as spokesperson for the Fund until her resignation was announced in January 2008. This followed a dispute over the decision to use the Fund to pay the McCann's legal costs after they were made official suspects. McVey had previously insisted that the Fund's money would be focussed on finding Madeleine and leaving no stone unturned.

John, IMO, the wording of your post makes it sound as if the reason for resigning was over a dispute related to the potential use of the Fund for their legal expenses.

From the clip you posted, "... We stress that Gerry and Kate have not asked for those costs to be paid..." .

From what I can gather, the matter was raised as an item on the agenda, and the decision was to set up a separate fund to keep donations for both purposes separate.

I therefore don't see where you appear to have got the idea that she resigned due to a "dispute"...

The fact that she was appointed Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on 8 January 2018 might have meant that she wanted to shed other responsibilities to concentrate on her new job.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_McVey

Offline Mr Gray

Like a lot of so called facts used to condemn the mccanns when looked at are not actually true

Offline ShiningInLuz

John, IMO, the wording of your post makes it sound as if the reason for resigning was over a dispute related to the potential use of the Fund for their legal expenses.

From the clip you posted, "... We stress that Gerry and Kate have not asked for those costs to be paid..." .

From what I can gather, the matter was raised as an item on the agenda, and the decision was to set up a separate fund to keep donations for both purposes separate.

I therefore don't see where you appear to have got the idea that she resigned due to a "dispute"...

The fact that she was appointed Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on 8 January 2018 might have meant that she wanted to shed other responsibilities to concentrate on her new job.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_McVey
Did they have a separate fund for donations to their legal expenses?
What's up, old man?

Offline Carana

Did they have a separate fund for donations to their legal expenses?

I think McVey was referring to their legal defense costs as it was back in Jan 08.

Legal costs funding

The trustees of Madeleine's Fund announced in September that the fund would not be used to pay the McCanns' legal costs.[50] Initially, the McCanns considered setting up a separate appeal fund for legal expenses.[51] However, Richard Branson created a fund for the McCann's legal expenses, including those of their current advisor, Michael Caplan QC, a solicitor and partner in the London firm of Kingsley Napley.[52] Stephen Winyard came out in December as having contributed £100,000 to the McCanns' defence fund, which paid for DNA tests carried out on the Renault Scénic hire car used by the McCanns.[53] He also revealed Brian Kennedy as another donor.[53]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Legal_costs_funding

Offline ShiningInLuz

I think McVey was referring to their legal defense costs as it was back in Jan 08.

Legal costs funding

The trustees of Madeleine's Fund announced in September that the fund would not be used to pay the McCanns' legal costs.[50] Initially, the McCanns considered setting up a separate appeal fund for legal expenses.[51] However, Richard Branson created a fund for the McCann's legal expenses, including those of their current advisor, Michael Caplan QC, a solicitor and partner in the London firm of Kingsley Napley.[52] Stephen Winyard came out in December as having contributed £100,000 to the McCanns' defence fund, which paid for DNA tests carried out on the Renault Scénic hire car used by the McCanns.[53] He also revealed Brian Kennedy as another donor.[53]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann#Legal_costs_funding
Many thanks  *&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

Not really so much having friends in high places impacting on Operation Grange I think it now remains to be seen how having a friend in a high place http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg462279#msg462279 might impact on what comes out of Portugal.

Snip
Neves is known to be friends with Goncalo Amaral, the Portuguese detective who led the McCann investigation before he was abruptly removed from the case in October, 2007.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Giving testimony during the 2013 libel trial, Neves confirmed he and Amaral were friends as well as colleagues.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/05/16/15/36/police-chief-with-madeleine-mccann-case-history-new-top-cop-in-portugal

Offline Sunny

I see Ester McVey  has just had to say sorry for being somewhat economical with the truth and to parliament no less. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/05/esther-mcvey-refuses-to-widen-apology-over-claim-she-misled-mps
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?