Author Topic: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?  (Read 52276 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2020, 04:45:35 PM »
Stay at home.
Protect the NHS.
Die of boredom.

There in lies the crux,the Government couldn't care less if you or I or any one else for that matter caught the virus,their concern is because of insufficient funding is that the NHS can't cope.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »
Why do you suddenly care about poverty  around the world

I never said I cared.
I'm just pointing out the mistake world leaders have made in their handling of the virus.
The total number of deaths is ridiculously minuscule in relation to the earths total population.
The right thing to do would be to have kept business open as usual & let nature to take it's course for the unlucky ones.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »

Shut down the health service. That's what they should have done. This would have protected the NHS 100%.
Then, when the public revolt, deploy the military to the streets with orders to shoot to kill anyone causing unrest.
Simple. Had they done this, the lock down would be over by now.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2020, 05:29:37 PM »
I never said I cared.
I'm just pointing out the mistake world leaders have made in their handling of the virus.
The total number of deaths is ridiculously minuscule in relation to the earths total population.
The right thing to do would be to have kept business open as usual & let nature to take it's course for the unlucky ones.

And there's a very good reason you aren't making the decisions

Offline sika

« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2020, 05:32:40 PM »
What would have happened if the world had just left the virus run unchecked? 

I think it has to be weighed against the long-term economic and social effects which will indirectly cost lives too.

In 1918 Spanish Flu run unchecked and the highest figure given equates to a death rate of 5%.  That figure could probably be reduced considerably today with modern medical care.

I think it has been said about Covid that if no measures were taken to curtail it it would probably produce a death rate of 1%.

So a moral dilema: do we save 1% at what will inevitably be a significant economic and social cost to the 99% which in itself will lead to loss of life?
I suppose the question is, if you lost a loved one to this virus because there was no care available to them, how would you feel ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:26 PM »

My kind of president.

PHILIPPINES president Rodrigo Duterte has pledged to shoot anyone who breaches his nation’s coronavirus quarantine in a brutal crackdown.

The leader - known as The Punisher for his outbursts and violent war on drugs - gave police forces and the military shoot to kill orders for anyone caught causing trouble.

Mr Duterte also reminded the nation that any abuse of medical workers will not be tolerated during the coronavirus pandemic.

The Philippines has recorded 2,311 confirmed cases and 96 deaths, but infections are climbing by hundreds every day in the state.

Speaking in a televised address, Mr Duterte issued his vicious warning as he urged everyone to follow quarantine measures.

Authorities are desperately trying to slow the infection to temper impacts on the country’s fragile health system - which already risks being strained by the outbreak.

He said: “It is getting worse. So once again I'm telling you the seriousness of the problem and that you must listen.

“My orders to the police and military ... if there is trouble and there's an occasion that they fight back and your lives are in danger, shoot them dead."

"Is that understood? Dead. Instead of causing trouble, I will bury you."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11313442/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-shoot-coronavirus-quarantine/

Offline Carana

« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2020, 12:39:41 PM »
I expect many countries will have similar timelines, albeit with differing factors affecting their own national clusterf**ks, but this seems fairly accurate re the UK.

A Timeline of the UK Government’s Woeful Response
to the Coronavirus Crisis
Ian Sinclair and Rupert Read
11 April 2020

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-woeful-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
I expect many countries will have similar timelines, albeit with differing factors affecting their own national clusterf**ks, but this seems fairly accurate re the UK.

A Timeline of the UK Government’s Woeful Response
to the Coronavirus Crisis
Ian Sinclair and Rupert Read
11 April 2020

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-woeful-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/

The top part of this article quotes Ricard Horton writing in the Lancet.....this is what he said on question time on 20th march..

Speaking on BBC Question Time on 26 March 2020, Richard Horton, the editor-in-chief of the Lancet medical journal, described the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic as “a national scandal”. A look through the key moments in the crisis

yet this is what he wrote on twitter on 24th jan..

Richard horton explains why.
@richardhorton1
·
24 Jan
A call for caution please. Media are escalating anxiety by talking of a “killer virus” + “growing fears”. In truth, from what we currently know, 2019-nCoV has moderate transmissibility and relatively low pathogenicity. There is no reason to foster panic with exaggerated language

what an absolute hypocrite

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2020, 01:46:43 PM »
My concern is what happens when the lockdown ends.  Its been going on for 3 weeks and the numbers, are falling... But is that due to the lockdown. When the lockdiwn ends will we, see the figures rocket

Offline Carana

« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2020, 08:01:37 PM »

This is the fourth week running, is it now?, I've lost track, that I haven't stood on my doorstep clapping like a demented seal at 8pm. Feeling rather proud.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2020, 08:42:34 PM »
This is the fourth week running, is it now?, I've lost track, that I haven't stood on my doorstep clapping like a demented seal at 8pm. Feeling rather proud.
What a hero.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2020, 08:58:30 PM »

I havent seen anyone clapping like a demented seal so perhaps you would have been the first. I'm just glad the vast majority of the country are not like you otherwise things would probably be a lot worse than they are. i'm astonished how these nurses and doctors have carried on working when a lot of us are sitting at home doing nothing. Not only working but risking their lives for their fellow man with some actually losing their lives.  I think you just like to apppear an edgy sort of person whilst your post makes you look a complete d***

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2020, 09:08:18 PM »
I havent seen anyone clapping like a demented seal so perhaps you would have been the first. I'm just glad the vast majority of the country are not like you otherwise things would probably be a lot worse than they are. i'm astonished how these nurses and doctors have carried on working when a lot of us are sitting at home doing nothing. Not only working but risking their lives for their fellow man with some actually losing their lives.  I think you just like to apppear an edgy sort of person whilst your post makes you look a complete d***

I've barely left the house in a month so I'm not responsible for spreading any virus.
If more people were like me, there wouldn't be any virus to speak of.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:16 PM »
My concern is what happens when the lockdown ends.  Its been going on for 3 weeks and the numbers, are falling... But is that due to the lockdown. When the lockdiwn ends will we, see the figures rocket

Probably, once international travel is permitted again & people go to visit their friends & families or visit shit hole countries like India, the virus will spread again like excrement through a fan.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:16:19 PM by Wonderfulspam »