Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243576 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1620 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:10 PM »
I can almost smell your disdain through the laptop and it's a little desperate.
I suppose the difference is reach. SIL's diversity of blog posts ensures 'real world' interest which appeals to many people.
Really?  How do you know how appealing SIL’s blog is?  Have you read it?  It’s rather strange IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1621 on: April 24, 2019, 06:50:53 PM »
From what I can distill down from it, there is this view of a stereotypical sceptic who all believe all of the same facets and are equally vociferous and immovable, like the Borg, assimilated and speaking in unison.
It really isn't like that at all. From what I see there are diverging views on various aspects even amongst us sceptics.
It's a bit harsh to suggest that 'we' have 'rejected' an opportunity for enlightenment and understanding  - I think if you read back you will find that we were badgered incessantly from the get go as soon as we opened up. I personally faced the indignation of a public text-flogging for revealing one of the reasons that made me sceptical - so we're invited in, then hoofed around like an abductee in a Moldovan shipping container. (That's a joke, please delete as usual)
But I'm stupid enough and old enough to get on with it, but I'm glad you found the exercise useful.

Very well put.  8@??)(
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1622 on: April 24, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
Conversely, I see 'believers' in the same way I perceive religious people - despite none of the 'evidence' making sense, and all of the senses screaming the opposite, they blindly and blithely dismiss anything contrary to their belief system out of hand. And I'll hazard a guess that the majority of believers also believe in the benevolent, judgmental sky fairy.
All my humble / biased / skewed / ill-informed / self-aggrandising  / egotistical opinion of course, but read it quick as it will be deleted as per usual.
@)(++(*. This is exactly how I see sceptics, particularly  dog worshippers .  Funny old world innit.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1623 on: April 24, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
I think the problem is that us sceptics are so overwhelmed by the sheer weight & volume of abduction evidence that it's impossible for us to comprehend it.
I think you’ve actually hit on something here, perhaps without realising it...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1624 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:34 PM »
You've sort of proved the point - there's plenty of sceptics who thought the fridge thing was farcical.
There's plenty of sceptics who thought the cremation theory was lunacy.
Clones? Gimme a fricking break.....dya see a pattern emerging here.......

I've said it before, there's a spectrum of belief - some believers think the wee an went looking for her mam, some think she was stolen to order. Some think she was stolen by burglars
The thing is when challenged in an arena such as this about the fridge theory or the cremation theory, the sceptics on here don’t pipe up and agree that they are absurd, most remain silent but some actually suggest instead that anything is possible and insist nothing must be dismissed out of hand, particularly if the suggestions first originated from the esteemed Amaral.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1625 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:45 PM »
You've sort of proved the point - there's plenty of sceptics who thought the fridge thing was farcical.
There's plenty of sceptics who thought the cremation theory was lunacy.
Clones? Gimme a fricking break.....dya see a pattern emerging here.......

I've said it before, there's a spectrum of belief - some believers think the wee an went looking for her mam, some think she was stolen to order. Some think she was stolen by burglars

And none of those beliefs include parental complicity.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1626 on: April 24, 2019, 06:59:37 PM »
Very well put.  8@??)(
You are kidding aren’t you?  Cremation theory and fridge theory are absurd are they?  Are you owning up to that now?   &%%6

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1627 on: April 24, 2019, 07:06:46 PM »
A skill I know I possess and something that you don't seem to have considered
That is an opinion not a statement of fact.  Keep to the rules.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #1628 on: April 24, 2019, 07:12:06 PM »
The thing is when challenged in an arena such as this about the fridge theory or the cremation theory, the sceptics on here don’t pipe up and agree that they are absurd, most remain silent but some actually suggest instead that anything is possible and insist nothing must be dismissed out of hand, particularly if the suggestions first originated from the esteemed Amaral.
Note me, kid. I don't need incessant goading to get me to admit my stance.
I'll even admit that some of the utterly insane theories are tarnishing the rational 'sceptic'. (yes, that's a concept, a rational sceptic)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1629 on: April 24, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »
Note me, kid. I don't need incessant goading to get me to admit my stance.
I'll even admit that some of the utterly insane theories are tarnishing the rational 'sceptic'. (yes, that's a concept, a rational sceptic)
as in rusty?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1630 on: April 24, 2019, 07:27:49 PM »
That is an opinion not a statement of fact.  Keep to the rules.

Im stating  what i know....so thats my opinion....I also used the word ...seem....which shows im not stating fact.....you have taken a post out of context where  I was continually goaded.....i am keeping to the rules...others are not

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1631 on: April 24, 2019, 07:31:12 PM »
Im stating  what i know....so thats my opinion....I also used the word ...seem....which shows im not stating fact.....you have taken a post out of context where  I was continually goaded.....i am keeping to the rules...others are not
I understand the use of "seem".  The post I deleted was pages back.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1632 on: April 24, 2019, 07:32:58 PM »
I understand the use of "seem".  The post I deleted was pages back.

im not really interested...afaiac im obeying the rules...unless you can show where im not...it SEEMS you cannot

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1633 on: April 24, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »
Really?  How do you know how appealing SIL’s blog is?  Have you read it?  It’s rather strange IMO.
Presumably that confirms you as another reader.   *&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1634 on: April 24, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
im not really interested...afaiac im obeying the rules...unless you can show where im not...it SEEMS you cannot
well the post has been deleted and I can't recall the offending words but my comments to the forum was a clue. 
Moderation