Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243526 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2340 on: April 29, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »
In my opinion those comments are not vitriolic. It's true that they left their children alone, that the case is a Portuguese case, and that they didn't ask for the original investigation to be reopened. Why should people be castigated for pointing out the facts?

Do you agree with the comment sayng that they should be responsible for their actions and they should pay for it and not to expect others to subsidise their actions?

If so would this equally apply to everyone whose " irresponsible" actions led to public money being spent?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:27:21 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2341 on: April 29, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »
In my opinion those comments are not vitriolic. It's true that they left their children alone, that the case is a Portuguese case, and that they didn't ask for the original investigation to be reopened. Why should people be castigated for pointing out the facts?

The newspapers have learned that it is necessary to moderate comments under any McCann story prior to publication ... leaving out the less offensive ones.

Given that these were circa 2010 it is amazing how many of the beliefs propounded are still being proselyted in 2019.

These are but a random sample but from them it is self evident that in general - based on comment and likes - that there is a sceptic presence out there which ...
  • objects strongly to any police action being taken on behalf of Madeleine McCann
  • the excuse for that malice being rank hate of her parents for a variety of preconceptions held by the individual sceptics who rush to have them posted to enable them to crow about them on other outlets
  • money is always there in some shape or form
  • and as has been the subject of our discussion here ... the nonsense that all they had to do to get the case opened was ... ... ...

Sceptics spend a lot of their on line activity railing about neglect and as you have done the children being alone ... and are unable to make the connection with their endless campaigns either singularly or in concert with others to advocate the ultimate premeditated neglect of leaving a child to her fate by advocating it is too expensive to look for her.
Why is that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2342 on: April 29, 2019, 06:25:21 PM »
The newspapers have learned that it is necessary to moderate comments under any McCann story prior to publication ... leaving out the less offensive ones.

Given that these were circa 2010 it is amazing how many of the beliefs propounded are still being proselyted in 2019.

These are but a random sample but from them it is self evident that in general - based on comment and likes - that there is a sceptic presence out there which ...
  • objects strongly to any police action being taken on behalf of Madeleine McCann
  • the excuse for that malice being rank hate of her parents for a variety of preconceptions held by the individual sceptics who rush to have them posted to enable them to crow about them on other outlets
  • and as has been the subject of our discussion here ... the nonsense that all they had to do to get the case opened was ... ... ...

Sceptics spend a lot of their on line activity railing about neglect and as you have done the children being alone ... and are unable to make the connection with their endless campaigns either singularly or in concert with others to advocate the ultimate premeditated neglect of leaving a child to her fate by advocating it is too expensive to look for her.
Why is that?

there is a sceptic presence out there which ...
objects strongly to any police action being taken on behalf of Madeleine McCann

What???
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #2343 on: April 29, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »

Why is that?
I don't think proselyted means what you think it means.
But apart from that, it's an interesting post.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2344 on: April 29, 2019, 06:48:04 PM »
I don't think proselyted means what you think it means.
But apart from that, it's an interesting post.

Try thinking of it when used as a verb and you will see I know exactly what it means.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2345 on: April 29, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
Thousands sign Madeleine McCann petition to force joint review by British and Portuguese
By SOPHIE FREEMAN
UPDATED: 07:11, 4 November 2010

The parents of Madeleine McCann spoke of their joy yesterday after more than 9,000 people signed a new search petition.

The online petition calls for the British and Portuguese authorities to hold a joint review of Madeleine's case, which the McCanns feel is vital to finding their daughter.

It comes just a day after Kate and Gerry McCann revealed the fund to help find their missing daughter is about to run out of money.

Mrs McCann also spoke out against ministers who had shrugged off her pleas for help, adding that she needed 'action not fluffy, worthless words'.

Madeleine disappeared on holiday in Portugal in 2007 and would now be seven.

Many of those who signed the petition expressed their sympathy with the McCann's plight.

One woman wrote: 'Please help Kate and Gerry, they shouldn't have to do this on their own. There is a little girl out there.'

Another wrote: 'I support this campaign 100 per cent. Madeleine is a British citizen and she deserves more form our Government.'

The McCanns, from Rothley in Leicestershire, said they were 'pleased and delighted' with the response to the petition but stressed they needed 'lots, lots more signatures'.

Positive: Kate and Gerry McCann said they were 'delighted' with the response but needed 'lots, lots more signatures'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326470/Madeleine-McCann-petition-force-review-British-Portuguese-signed-9k.html

I really am slightly sick of this couple, expecting priority treatment over the hundreds of other missing children who get zero media attention but haven't gone missing because of the actions of their selfish parents, who seem happy to pin the blame for everything that's happened on everyone else. How much money has been spent on this with so little progress? Where do they expect the money to continue to fund the British and Portugeuse investigations to come from? I feel so bad for the little girl in all of this, I hope she is safe and well somewhere and one day finds her way back home, but this enduring legacy of emotional blackmail served up the McCanns, as if their case if so much more of a priority than any other, leaves a taste in the mouth nastier than the Sangria they were probably enjoying when their daughter went missing.

The vital point of this sad incident is that if these supposedly responsible parents had been looking after their children at the time, instead of going out with their friends wining and dining, then the poor child would have still been with them. I do not apologise for stating the obvious but it is the parents responsibility to look after their children 24 hours day, if you want to go wining and dining then you should not have children, when my kids were of that age, we didn´t go out unless we cold get a sitter, granny, when abroad they came out with us or we didn´t go, easy isn´t it.

this child was not abducted in UK, but in Portugal whilst her parents had left her un supervised whilst they enjoyed a social evening I object most strongly if further tax payers money is spent on this case they will have to live with their guilt. Poor little girl

YOU abandoned your children YOU accept resposibility for your actions YOU pay for it, don't expect others to subsidise your actions.

It's sad when a mother loses her daughter, especially when they leave her alone whilst they go 'out on the town'. BUT, it's time to draw a line under it. If she is dead, then she is dead. If she was kidnapped then she will be living a new life be it happy or not. Call it a day, McCanns. You've had trips around the world. End it!

When the Police in Portugal archived this case and Mr and Mrs Mccann lost their arguido status, as parents they were given a period of time to have the Police re-open the case and continue looking for Madeleine. They never asked for this to be re-opened - I can't understand why. They other thing that puzzles me, is why was Madeleine made a Ward of Court in the UK courts.

There's no point of a "review" with probably a "McCann-made -result" . They never asked for a true RE-OPENING of the case - they never wanted that !

A positive action on Madeleine's behalf by Kate and Gerry is met by the usual sceptic vitriol of the same old same old comment ... which if not a belief system ... why do they say it?

It wasn't a positive action when they left them - was it.

why do you call this skeptics vitriol - it is what they think of the mcs a right they have.

You have no right to expect everyone to think as you do B.

They the mcns have to expect condemnation for leaving their babies alone.

Why do you think - you have the right to condemn them.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2346 on: April 29, 2019, 07:10:58 PM »
Could you remind me when and why they wrote to the PJ please?
I think you probably already know the answer to that if you have read Kate’s book.  [ad hom removed]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:14:51 PM by Robittybob1 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2347 on: April 29, 2019, 07:16:20 PM »
The last few post's imo bring into stark contrast what seperates sceptics from supporters,
The infamous Rowley interview never once mentioned the McCanns being interviewed only that there was not a need reopen that as a line of investigation after having it dealt with the original investigation(a ringing endorsement if ever there was one) this was in response to the question:

"Q: Andy Redwood, the first senior investigating officer, said in one interview his policy was to go right
back to the beginning, accept nothing, but one thing you appear to have accepted is that this was an
abduction. It’s in your first remit statement, it refers to ‘the abduction’, which rather suggests right from
the start you had a closed mind to the possibility of parents’ involvement, an accident or Madeleine
simply walking out of the apartment.

Supporters as a whole see this as yes they have bound to have been questioned,and never the twain shall meet.
I’m a supporter and I’m totally ambivalent about it.  I doubt they were formally interviewed as in taken down the cop shop with lawyers present, but on the other hand I’ve no doubt that the McCanns have been on hand to answer any queries pertaining to the case or the files that the Yard might have had.  It seems inconceivable that ghere would be NO questions put to the McCanns by the police at any point in the investigation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2348 on: April 29, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
Can't be bothered !
If I may be allowed to say so, you do seem to have a much stricter standard of demanding cites from Davel than any other posters..
This may be a wrong observation on my part but it is my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly with this, I think Davel must have really upset Rob at some point...  @)(++(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2349 on: April 29, 2019, 07:17:47 PM »
i  think if   SY said aliens   abducted maddie some supporters would lap it  up
I would, it would be an amazing revelation. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2350 on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »

Q: One of the biggest criticisms of the Portuguese investigation, which they acknowledge as well, is
that they did not interrogate the parents from the start, if only to eliminate them. When you started
your investigation, you appear to have done the same. Did you formally interview the McCann’s under
caution, ever consider them as suspects?

MR: So when we started, we started five or so years into this and there is already a lot of ground
been covered, we don’t cover the same ground, what we do is pull all the material we had at the start,
all the Portuguese material, private detective material, with all the work that had been done, what that
evidence supports, what rules these lines of enquiry out, what keeps them open and you progress
forward. It would be no different if there were a cold case in London, a missing person from 1990, we
would go back to square one look at all the material and if the material was convincing it ruled out that
line of enquiry we would look somewhere else. So you reflect on the original material, you challenge
it, don’t take it at face value. You don’t restart an investigation pretending it doesn’t exist and do all
the same enquiries again that is not constructive.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2351 on: April 29, 2019, 07:45:43 PM »

Q: Just to be clear you did not interview the McCanns as potential suspects?

MR: No

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2352 on: April 29, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »

Q: Just to be clear you did not interview the McCanns as potential suspects?

MR: No

Because they have not been interviewed as potential suspects does not mean they have not been interviewed.
Thank you for reiterating the fact that Madeleine's parents are not suspects.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2353 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »
Because they have not been interviewed as potential suspects does not mean they have not been interviewed.
Thank you for reiterating the fact that Madeleine's parents are not suspects.

That was in 2017. They could be suspects now. We have no way of knowing.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2354 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
That was in 2017. They could be suspects now. We have no way of knowing.

Yes.. If we were told at 8.00am they were not suspects that doesn't mean it's true at 8.30am ...great observation