Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240749 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #450 on: July 15, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »
I beg your pardon?

Blair and Cameron allegedly got elected with  Murdoch's help. Even Brexit had The Sun on it's side.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2016, 11:30:14 AM »
Blair and Cameron allegedly got elected with  Murdoch's help. Even Brexit had The Sun on it's side.
Tell me more about the soul selling.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
Tell me more about the soul selling.

Anyone who cozies up to Murdoch is endangering their integrity imo.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Anyone who cozies up to Murdoch is endangering their integrity imo.
All the while Jeremy remains a man of "integrity" and continues to stonewall the media then he really isn't doing his prospects very much good at all.  Of course some seem to think winning an election really isn't what it's all about but I beg to differ. 

Alfie

« Reply #454 on: July 16, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »
"If Corbyn wins the forthcoming leadership election, there is a real possibility that the party could split, or cease to function in any meaningful way. This outcome should be treated as a catastrophe by everyone on the left. Under FPTP, a Labour split would in effect mean the end of any left or centre left presence in Parliament, at the same time as all protection from the European legal system and convention on human rights dissolves. Without the institutional support of Labour as a political party, with at least the potential for direct access to state power, the only thing protecting the poor, the vulnerable, the unemployed, migrants and refugees will be their own actions, in concordance with those of already-existing activist groups unevenly distributed across the country. The idea that such groups — under-resourced, voluntarist, impermanent, fragile — are in any position to provide a defence against the combined forces of the state, a triumphant Tory right, UKIP and the far right is hubris of the most dangerous kind. To acknowledge that is not to pretend that Labour governments and councils have not contributed to the oppression of those people. But it is to reject the trite, ahistorical conclusion that there is absolutely no difference between a hard-right Conservative government and a centre-left Labour administration, particularly in a post-EU/ECHR context".

https://medium.com/@matatatatat/the-terrifying-hubris-of-corbynism-6590054a9b57#.u9mjqgh6j

Offline mercury

« Reply #455 on: July 16, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »
corbyn can be said to be tryng to save the labour party, thnk about it

As for that article, the writer doesnt know the meaning of the word hubris, poor, very poor

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #456 on: July 17, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
corbyn can be said to be tryng to save the labour party, thnk about it

As for that article, the writer doesnt know the meaning of the word hubris, poor, very poor

He doesn't realise he's showing his own hubris very clearly.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #457 on: July 17, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
He doesn't realise he's showing his own hubris very clearly.  @)(++(*
It seems the only arguments you and Mercury can muster is to try and denounce the authors of the quotes I have posted without any attempt whatsoever to argue why what they have said is incorrect.  I expected better of you (though not Mercury ob).

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #458 on: July 17, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »
It seems the only arguments you and Mercury can muster is to try and denounce the authors of the quotes I have posted without any attempt whatsoever to argue why what they have said is incorrect.  I expected better of you (though not Mercury ob).

Thank you for the back-handed compliment. I think both mercury and I found the article full of opinion and humbug, so not really worth the argument.

He calls himself a marxist but fails to acknowledge that something different has happened. I've never seen ordinary people making their views known like this before. They appear to be rejecting all politicians, not just Labour ones. They don't think any of them represent their interests.

No wonder May has made a bid for the centre ground, but will they believe her? I suspect not. If, as he acknowledges, Labour had refrained from attacking it's own people it might have survived, but it didn't. It's problems are of it's own making, not Corbyn's. What he doesn't address is how Centrist Labour politicians can beat May, she is on their patch at the moment. They have to move significantly left to oppose her. The one occupying that ground is Corbyn.

At the moment they could oppose if they adopted his stance, but not otherwise. Are any of them prepared to do that? I doubt it.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #459 on: July 17, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
Thank you for the back-handed compliment. I think both mercury and I found the article full of opinion and humbug, so not really worth the argument.

He calls himself a marxist but fails to acknowledge that something different has happened. I've never seen ordinary people making their views known like this before. They appear to be rejecting all politicians, not just Labour ones. They don't think any of them represent their interests.

No wonder May has made a bid for the centre ground, but will they believe her? I suspect not. If, as he acknowledges, Labour had refrained from attacking it's own people it might have survived, but it didn't. It's problems are of it's own making, not Corbyn's. What he doesn't address is how Centrist Labour politicians can beat May, she is on their patch at the moment. They have to move significantly left to oppose her. The one occupying that ground is Corbyn.

At the moment they could oppose if they adopted his stance, but not otherwise. Are any of them prepared to do that? I doubt it.
Firstly, re: the bit in bold above, that is a nihilist, defeatist position to take  though I recognise that *some* people may very well hold that view, when push comes to shove, the majority of the electorate DO go out to vote, and use their vote to try and elect those candidates they feel best represent their views and wishes.   

The rebel  Labour MPs  who stood and who were elected to parliament at the last election did so when Ed Miliband was their leader, not Jeremy Corbyn, so it's no wonder that the latter's election to that position has caused many of those MPs such disquiet, as Jez is clearly intent on taking the party they represent in a direction that most of them do not wholeheartedly agree with, and in a manner which clearly many of them feel makes their own party unlikely to win an election anytime soon.   What are they reasonably supposed to do?  Just shut up and keep their fingers crossed that by some miracle the GBP will fall in love with Jeremy's presentation and policies before the next election?  Give us your guidance for these MPs.

PS: Did you read the whole article I linked to, or just the quote I posted?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:36:26 PM by Alfie »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #460 on: July 17, 2016, 01:12:20 PM »
Firstly, re: the bit in bold above, that is a nihilist, defeatist position to take  though I recognise that *some* people may very well hold that view, when push comes to shove, the majority of the electorate DO go out to vote, and use their vote to try and elect those candidates they feel best represent their views and wishes.   

The rebel  Labour MPs  who stood and who were elected to parliament at the last election did so when Ed Miliband was their leader, not Jeremy Corbyn, so it's no wonder that the latter's election to that position has caused many of those MPs such disquiet, as Jez is clearly intent on taking the party they represent in a direction that most of them do not wholeheartedly agree with, and in a manner which clearly many of them feel makes their own party unlikely to win an election anytime soon.   What are they reasonably supposed to do?  Just shut up and keep their fingers crossed that by some miracle the GBP will fall in love with Jeremy's presentation and policies before the next election?  Give us your guidance for these MPs.

PS: Did you read the whole article I linked to, or just the quote I posted?

Only just;

Election Year   UK   England
2010   65.1%   65.5%
2005   61.4%   61.3%
2001   59.4%   59.2%
1997   71.4%   71.4%

Blair got a big turn-out, because he appeared to offer something new. Brexit beat him; 72.2%.

Labour leaders and MP's have failed to inspire since, as the voting percentages show.

It's all very well criticising Corbyn, but he has inspired people which the party wasn't doing.

I agree with the writer that proportional representation is the future, but the electorate rejected it.

Nevertheless in the last election 34% of the electorate didn't vote. Neither of our largest parties reached 34% in votes. The Tories are ruling with 24% of the electorate voting for them.
http://www.votenone.org.uk/uk-unheard-third.html

Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #461 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:34 PM »
Andrew Neal just asked Eagle what if she loses to Corbyn? Her answer was that you have to accept the democratic process. But she's challenging because she hasn't accepted the previous democratic process.

Completely illogical!!!!!

Not really. Jeremy Corbyn has lost the support of his parliamentary group who have every right to ask for a new election.

The way I see it and going by the referendum result, Jez has great support in London but very little elsewhere and unfortunately for him it is the support elsewhere which will decide his fate.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #462 on: July 17, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
Only just;

Election Year   UK   England
2010   65.1%   65.5%
2005   61.4%   61.3%
2001   59.4%   59.2%
1997   71.4%   71.4%

Blair got a big turn-out, because he appeared to offer something new. Brexit beat him; 72.2%.

Labour leaders and MP's have failed to inspire since, as the voting percentages show.

It's all very well criticising Corbyn, but he has inspired people which the party wasn't doing.

I agree with the writer that proportional representation is the future, but the electorate rejected it.

Nevertheless in the last election 34% of the electorate didn't vote. Neither of our largest parties reached 34% in votes. The Tories are ruling with 24% of the electorate voting for them.
http://www.votenone.org.uk/uk-unheard-third.html
Thanks for the statistics, however even the 2010 figures back up my statement that the majority of the election do go out and vote, unless you're going to somehow argue that 65% is not the majority?! 

Secondly, I noticed you swerved the opportunity to advise the 176 (or however many MPs it is) on how they should reasonably proceed, representing a party that is led by a leader who they believe does not on the whole represent their views nor who acquits himself as a particularly strong and inspiring leader of men and women.

Offline John

« Reply #463 on: July 17, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »
All the while Jeremy remains a man of "integrity" and continues to stonewall the media then he really isn't doing his prospects very much good at all.  Of course some seem to think winning an election really isn't what it's all about but I beg to differ.

We have seen this time and time again with the so-called men of honour, parliamentarians who cling to their jobs when even the least politically enthused are willing them to go.

Jeremy Corbyn has had his day in my opinion, he should do the right thing and stand down immediately.  He was never cut out to lead the Labour Party and most certainly could never have won any General Election.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:53:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #464 on: July 17, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »
The man has faced an orchestrated negative campaign ever since he was elected leader. Every politician deserves a level playing field. Interesting comments too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-attacks-75-per-cent-three-quarters-fail-to-accurately-report-a7140681.html
Result = happy posting.