Author Topic: LM & Jodi’s texts between 1634-1638 & LM’s call to the Speaking Clock at 1654.  (Read 8180 times)

Offline Mr Apples

Hi, again. I have yet some more questions I want to put to you all (alas, I’ve still not had the time to delve further into the case). Bear with me.

Judith ungrounded Jodi on that fateful day of 30.06.03 and so Jodi texted LM almost immediately, at 1634. He responded at 1636 and they subsequently texted each other again a few times, between 1636 & 1638 (Jodi used her mother Judith’s phone to send these texts as hers was broken at that time). Unfortunately, the contents of these text messages were never retrieved, which is a great pity as they could’ve provided vital information to the future murder investigation. The general consensus is that, upon Jodi’s grounding being lifted, she texted Luke to tell him about this right away and they agreed to meet up shortly thereafter. It was put to the public that Luke and Jodi would be ‘mucking about up there’ (Jodi allegedly used these exact words to Judith just before she set off to meet LM), implying at Easthouses — supposedly their most common rendezvous point. Others have suggested, in accordance with LM himself, that Jodi was coming along to meet him at N’battle. Others say there was no fixed meeting arrangement in place for that night. And that Jodi was forbidden from using RDP by Judith (but, according to Janine, as per her testimony in court, Jodi still walked it on her own sometimes, anyway). That she seemed unconcerned, content and happy that day when she set off to meet boyfriend LM — the guy whom she thought she was in love with. It’s all antithetical to what transpired some 20 mins later, is it not? Both of them content and awaiting each others’ company with all alacrity just some 20 mins earlier. Very strange. But, who deleted those text messages between 1634-1638? Did Luke erase his at Dalkeith police station at 0030 hrs while in custody? Because they contained incriminating evidence of an arranged meeting in Easthouses, whereby Luke darted off to meet Jodi not long after the text exchanges ended? Or deleted casually out of boredom and to free up phone memory? Or, did the police delete them inadvertently or deliberately? Why were the text messages on Judith’s phone deleted? Because Jodi simply didn’t want her messages on her mum’s phone? More importantly, why weren’t the messages on both phones retrieved by police? Was it too late to recover them by the time they thought about it? Regardless, those text exchanges could’ve contained confirmation of an agreed meeting arrangement. Strange indeed.

Oh, as regards Luke’s call to the speaking clock from his mobile at 1654 . . . did he call it out of idle curiosity, either in the house or on his way to meet Jodi? I can’t think of a reason and definitely not a sinister one as his phone screen would give him the time. Why phone it? It doesn’t make sense for him to phone it, either if he was in the house or outside walking towards Easthouses to meet Jodi. He had other ways of knowing the time (house clocks, home electrical appliances, etc; and if he was outside, the screen on his mobile phone would’ve told him the time). It was said that Luke had phoned the speaking clock in the past, but, for some reason, there was nothing done by either the defence or prosecution to prove he had phone it in the past, and it was never raised in court. Why? Anyway, maybe it was a form of OCD? Tying in with retaining bottles of urine? Or perhaps as he hadn’t seen Jodi after school in a while because of her previous grounding he was making sure his phone clock was accurate so he wasn’t late for her? Who knows, but would like to read what your opinions are on it.

Anyone help?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:15:17 AM by Mr Apples »

Offline Nicholas

Phone record of Jodi murder accused - 8th January 2093 - The Herald

Excerpts,
‘THE Jodi Jones murder trial was told yesterday that the record of Luke Mitchell's phone had been wiped out hours after the schoolgirl died.

A "Love U" text message from Kimberley Thomson, a former girlfriend of Mr Mitchell's, three days before the murder, had also been deleted, along with Judith Jones's attempt to contact her daughter to tell her she was "grounded" for staying out late.

‘Derek Morris, 56, from Lothian and Borders Police technical support unit, said he had carried out tests on Mr Mitchell's mobile phone the day after Jodi's death.

Mr Morris said the phone's record of last numbers dialled showed only one call instead of the usual 10. It was to Mr Mitchell's mother at 39 minutes past midnight. "That was the only one listed. He must have deleted the call register and started again, " said Mr Morris.

Records from the mobile phone company listed a call from Mr Mitchell's mobile to his mother at 31 minutes past midnight. Mr Morris said he thought the records had been deleted between the two calls.

Mr Morris also described how he had carried out more sophisticated tests on the phone's SIM card to try to recover deleted messages.

Both the inbox and outbox were empty, but the SIM card revealed a message received on the evening of Friday, June 27, 2003, saying: "Luke its Kim im at ma grans can u phone mi on (number) Love u xKimx" Another message on the SIM card at 10.41pm from Jodi's mother read: "2 wks grounding toad . . . Say bye 2 luke".

In questioning, Mr Findlay and Mr Morris agreed that text messages on Jodi's mother's mobile had also been deleted and there was nothing unusual about people doing that.

Alan Turnbull QC, for the prosecution, told the jury that before the Crown case closes, probably some time next week, he would be asking experts about a computer found in the bedroom of Shane Mitchell, Mr Mitchell's brother.

The court has heard that someone made a 22-minute internet connection from the Mitchell home in Newbattle, Dalkeith, just before 5pm on June 30, 2003.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12406880.phone-record-of-jodi-murder-accused-wiped/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:50:37 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline faithlilly

Phone record of Jodi murder accused - 8th January 2093 - The Herald
Excerpts,

‘THE Jodi Jones murder trial was told yesterday that the record of Luke Mitchell's phone had been wiped out hours after the schoolgirl died.

A "Love U" text message from Kimberley Thomson, a former girlfriend of Mr Mitchell's, three days before the murder, had also been deleted, along with Judith Jones's attempt to contact her daughter to tell her she was "grounded" for staying out late.

‘Derek Morris, 56, from Lothian and Borders Police technical support unit, said he had carried out tests on Mr Mitchell's mobile phone the day after Jodi's death.

Mr Morris said the phone's record of last numbers dialled showed only one call instead of the usual 10. It was to Mr Mitchell's mother at 39 minutes past midnight. "That was the only one listed. He must have deleted the call register and started again, " said Mr Morris.

Records from the mobile phone company listed a call from Mr Mitchell's mobile to his mother at 31 minutes past midnight. Mr Morris said he thought the records had been deleted between the two calls.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12406880.phone-record-of-jodi-murder-accused-wiped/

Luke’s texts to KT would have moved the case further forward. They would certainly have revealed the true nature of their relationship. Were the ever accessed by the police?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Nicholas

Luke’s texts to KT would have moved the case further forward.

How so ?

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

They would certainly have revealed the true nature of their relationship. Were the ever accessed by the police?

It was revealed Luke Mitchell and KT had spoken on the telephone on the Saturday night - after [Name removed] left in a taxi - for around 3 hours

Offline faithlilly

It was revealed Luke Mitchell and KT had spoken on the telephone on the Saturday night - after [Name removed] left ia taxi - for around 3 hours

If we don’t know what was discussed it takes us no further forward. Texts may have. As I’ve said texts from Luke could have proved what kind of relationship they had. Did the police access them or was it like the cell site analysis and CCTV of Andrina Bryson at the supermarket on the afternoon of the 30th, simply ignored?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Nicholas

If we don’t know what was discussed it takes us no further forward. Texts may have. As I’ve said texts from Luke could have proved what kind of relationship they had. Did the police access them or was it like the cell site analysis and CCTV of Andrina Bryson at the supermarket on the afternoon of the 30th, simply ignored?

A "Love U" text message from Kimberley Thomson, a former girlfriend of Mr Mitchell's, three days before the murder, had also been deleted

Offline faithlilly

Your post is rather opaque. Could you please clarify your point?

Offline Nicholas

Your post is rather opaque. Could you please clarify your point?

You asked if the police ‘simply ignored’ KT’s phone evidence

Clearly they didn’t

Offline faithlilly

You asked if the police ‘simply ignored’ KT’s phone evidence

Clearly they didn’t

That’s not what I asked. I asked did the police access Luke’s texts to KT?

Offline Nicholas

That’s not what I asked. I asked did the police access Luke’s texts to KT?

I know what you asked and I replied

I suspect Luke Mitchell didn’t want the jury to hear all the details of his communications with KT

Offline faithlilly

I know what you asked and I replied

I suspect Luke Mitchell didn’t want the jury to hear all the details of his communications with KT

The police had KT’s phone. They could have accessed Luke’s texts through that. Did they?

Offline Nicholas

The police had KT’s phone. They could have accessed Luke’s texts through that. Did they?

If the police had KT’s phone then if very probable they would have attempted to access her texts - presuming she hadn’t deleted them after learning Luke was a murderer

Offline Parky41

Hi, again. I have yet some more questions I want to put to you all (alas, I’ve still not had the time to delve further into the case). Bear with me.

Judith ungrounded Jodi on that fateful day of 30.06.03 and so Jodi texted LM almost immediately, at 1634. He responded at 1636 and they subsequently texted each other again a few times, between 1636 & 1638 (Jodi used her mother Judith’s phone to send these texts as hers was broken at that time). Unfortunately, the contents of these text messages were never retrieved, which is a great pity as they could’ve provided vital information to the future murder investigation. The general consensus is that, upon Jodi’s grounding being lifted, she texted Luke to tell him about this right away and they agreed to meet up shortly thereafter. It was put to the public that Luke and Jodi would be ‘mucking about up there’ (Jodi allegedly used these exact words to Judith just before she set off to meet LM), implying at Easthouses — supposedly their most common rendezvous point. Others have suggested, in accordance with LM himself, that Jodi was coming along to meet him at N’battle. Others say there was no fixed meeting arrangement in place for that night. And that Jodi was forbidden from using RDP by Judith (but, according to Janine, as per her testimony in court, Jodi still walked it on her own sometimes, anyway). That she seemed unconcerned, content and happy that day when she set off to meet boyfriend LM — the guy whom she thought she was in love with. It’s all antithetical to what transpired some 20 mins later, is it not? Both of them content and awaiting each others’ company with all alacrity just some 20 mins earlier. Very strange. But, who deleted those text messages between 1634-1638? Did Luke erase his at Dalkeith police station at 0030 hrs while in custody? Because they contained incriminating evidence of an arranged meeting in Easthouses, whereby Luke darted off to meet Jodi not long after the text exchanges ended? Or deleted casually out of boredom and to free up phone memory? Or, did the police delete them inadvertently or deliberately? Why were the text messages on Judith’s phone deleted? Because Jodi simply didn’t want her messages on her mum’s phone? More importantly, why weren’t the messages on both phones retrieved by police? Was it too late to recover them by the time they thought about it? Regardless, those text exchanges could’ve contained confirmation of an agreed meeting arrangement. Strange indeed.

Oh, as regards Luke’s call to the speaking clock from his mobile at 1654 . . . did he call it out of idle curiosity, either in the house or on his way to meet Jodi? I can’t think of a reason and definitely not a sinister one as his phone screen would give him the time. Why phone it? It doesn’t make sense for him to phone it, either if he was in the house or outside walking towards Easthouses to meet Jodi. He had other ways of knowing the time (house clocks, home electrical appliances, etc; and if he was outside, the screen on his mobile phone would’ve told him the time). It was said that Luke had phoned the speaking clock in the past, but, for some reason, there was nothing done by either the defence or prosecution to prove he had phone it in the past, and it was never raised in court. Why? Anyway, maybe it was a form of OCD? Tying in with retaining bottles of urine? Or perhaps as he hadn’t seen Jodi after school in a while because of her previous grounding he was making sure his phone clock was accurate so he wasn’t late for her? Who knows, but would like to read what your opinions are on it.

Anyone help?

Yes, the record of previous use of the speaking clock was used at trial. Rather a hole in the ground moment for Findlay yet again, as with the recording of the calls to the emergency services. Used to show that the call on that day, was not an isolated one. However, the times of the calls on record showed that LM was more than likely to have been out of the house when the calls were made. Lunchtime at school and so forth. So they only clarified that LM used this service when out and about. As for the time on the phone itself. Could be various reasons. One obvious one, more so in the infancy of phones at the time - is simply not having the correct time set. Of dead batteries, replacing sim - anything.

And it stands to reason does it not why Jodi deleted those texts - It was not her phone. Not her mothers business to see her private correspondence with her boyfriend. And LM was still at RDP when that data was deleted was he not? . He was not whisked away anywhere - which of course is pretty much what would have had to happen. 11.38pm last call to the emergency services. Calls with police for directions after this. Time they all took to get there. To assess and so forth. LM was asked by the police to show him where Jodi was. He then joined the others again. - And LM was still in possession of his phone when on his way to the station. And they stopped to speak with his mother. It was LM who deleted the contents not the police - which most certainly could not have been done by accident. At whatever point his phone was taken, as with his clothes - put into evidence bags not man handled by the police - it is nonsense. As is any suggestion that the police would have done this, at this point in time. Outwith the mere fact LM still had his phone. But these ludicrous claims that they saw the data, thought, Oh he is innocent, we must scrub it? - it is nonsense, completely obtuse reasoning which is that predictive trait with everything.

Claimed to note "with the boyfriend". Asked him to go over the wall to "get his dna there" scrubbed the data from his phone. Then gave him it back to call his mother? Thought there was a tiff going on - when LM was speaking with the police as Kelly was shouting in the background - this was the tiff, disagreement referred to - not LM and Jodi. It is only getting worse - that the police thought that LM and Jodi were having a tiff? He is on the bloody phone telling them how to get there, to the body they have found - what a mess.

Nothing strange about it - other than the reason the data was deleted by LM, for it held incriminating evidence.

Offline Nicholas

Yes, the record of previous use of the speaking clock was used at trial. Rather a hole in the ground moment for Findlay yet again, as with the recording of the calls to the emergency services. Used to show that the call on that day, was not an isolated one. However, the times of the calls on record showed that LM was more than likely to have been out of the house when the calls were made. Lunchtime at school and so forth. So they only clarified that LM used this service when out and about. As for the time on the phone itself. Could be various reasons. One obvious one, more so in the infancy of phones at the time - is simply not having the correct time set. Of dead batteries, replacing sim - anything.

And it stands to reason does it not why Jodi deleted those texts - It was not her phone. Not her mothers business to see her private correspondence with her boyfriend. And LM was still at RDP when that data was deleted was he not? . He was not whisked away anywhere - which of course is pretty much what would have had to happen. 11.38pm last call to the emergency services. Calls with police for directions after this. Time they all took to get there. To assess and so forth. LM was asked by the police to show him where Jodi was. He then joined the others again. - And LM was still in possession of his phone when on his way to the station. And they stopped to speak with his mother. It was LM who deleted the contents not the police - which most certainly could not have been done by accident. At whatever point his phone was taken, as with his clothes - put into evidence bags not man handled by the police - it is nonsense. As is any suggestion that the police would have done this, at this point in time. Outwith the mere fact LM still had his phone. But these ludicrous claims that they saw the data, thought, Oh he is innocent, we must scrub it? - it is nonsense, completely obtuse reasoning which is that predictive trait with everything.

Claimed to note "with the boyfriend". Asked him to go over the wall to "get his dna there" scrubbed the data from his phone. Then gave him it back to call his mother? Thought there was a tiff going on - when LM was speaking with the police as Kelly was shouting in the background - this was the tiff, disagreement referred to - not LM and Jodi. It is only getting worse - that the police thought that LM and Jodi were having a tiff? He is on the bloody phone telling them how to get there, to the body they have found - what a mess.

Nothing strange about it - other than the reason the data was deleted by LM, for it held incriminating evidence.

Didn’t Luke bum a cigarette from SK and the pair of them sit and smoke together?