Author Topic: Philosophical question  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Philosophical question
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2019, 11:37:31 PM »
Sorry, what was the hypothetical question?  I don’t recall it having anything to do with a live teenager being reunited with her parents.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10531.msg509388#msg509388
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2019, 06:58:38 AM »
Hang on, you’re convinced she’s dead aren’t you?

I was simply pointing out that if she was found alive that wouldn't necessarily be a happy ending.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2019, 07:16:57 AM »
I was simply pointing out that if she was found alive that wouldn't necessarily be a happy ending.
It would at least be an ending, happy or not.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »
Absolutely jassi.  The discovery of remains would offer up a huge amount of forensic material and could very well reveal what happened to Madeleine.
I agree.
From an investigation perspective is this of a very huge importance for them to conclude the cause of death and maybe to find a perpetrator and try to brought this element or elements to the court.
Some says there are cases where the perpetrator has been convicted without a body.
Yes there are, but under completely different conditions,circumstances and evidences.
I can not see this happened in this case, I would be very surprised if it did happened.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »
I agree.
From an investigation perspective is this of a very huge importance for them to conclude the cause of death and maybe to find a perpetrator and try to brought this element or elements to the court.
Some says there are cases where the perpetrator has been convicted without a body.
Yes there are, but under completely different conditions,circumstances and evidences.
I can not see this happened in this case, I would be very surprised if it did happened.

Yes there have been cases in Scotland where people have been convicted without a body. I believe the circumstancial evidence was great enough to convince a jury.  It is a togh one though.  I don't see it happening in this case either.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
Absolutely jassi.  The discovery of remains would offer up a huge amount of forensic material and could very well reveal what happened to Madeleine.
The body of Milly Dowler was found some six months after her disappearance but because of the advanced state of decomposition it yielded no forensic clues at all about how she died or who killed her.  What is the likelihood that a 12 year old corpse would reveal anything forensically useful?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »
The body of Milly Dowler was found some six months after her disappearance but because of the advanced state of decomposition it yielded no forensic clues at all about how she died or who killed her.  What is the likelihood that a 12 year old corpse would reveal anything forensically useful?
Location, for starters.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
Location, for starters.
Forensically was the argument.  A location is not forensics.

Offline jassi

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »
Location may well impact on storage condition and thus on forensic recovery.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2019, 12:17:39 PM »
Location may well impact on storage condition and thus on forensic recovery.
do you think it's likely that the body of a small child hidden for 12 years is likely to yield information about how she died and who did it?  I guess if her body was retrieved from the bottom of a disused well and it showed a fractured skull one could surmise she fell in or was pushed.   

Offline jassi

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
Not being a forensic scientist, I wouldn't like to second guess any findings.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
Forensically was the argument.  A location is not forensics.
A location is indeed that often overused word 'forensics'.

Redwood claimed the time-line was 'forensically examined".

Cobblers.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2019, 12:43:03 PM »

Cobblers.

I liked Foy's b***s**t better. Something like they ran it through their systems and the McCanns 'were where they said they were'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2019, 12:46:58 PM »

Cobblers.
So everything is forensics then.  OK. 

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »
It happens sometimes.
There was a very strange case close to my hometown some years ago where the Police find the killed girl in the woods just a day after she died and they were certain who the killer was but he walked free because they could not
determine how she died.
Year 2000, Jerry Michael Williams went missing in Florida and his remains were found in 2017.
On 8 May 2018, police arrested Williams' former wife.
After a four-day trial in December 2018, she was convicted of murder.
Both happens but with the sophisticated forensic labs they have today I would say they can get out something in most of these cases.