Author Topic: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?  (Read 45088 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Good enough for the American justice system.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/mi-court-of-appeals/1683760.html

Not really though.  Independent scientific research continues to be undertaken in most countries today in the hope of advancing what it is these dogs are capable of and ensuring consistency.

Might I suggest that you find a more appropriate method of indicating quotes ... not just you ... EVERYBODY annoys me ... for a start your post does not appear in my answer so if I don't C&P or without following the link as above (should there be one and most often there is not), what you are posting may be lost ... and second, you reduce the point size of your original.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »
Would you be willing to expand that question so even I can understand it please.  I think it is a question without a question mark.

Is it known that there are no known records kept.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »
Not really though.  Independent scientific research continues to be undertaken in most countries today in the hope of advancing what it is these dogs are capable of and ensuring consistency.

Might I suggest that you find a more appropriate method of indicating quotes ... not just you ... EVERYBODY annoys me ... for a start your post does not appear in my answer so if I don't C&P or without following the link as above (should there be one and most often there is not), what you are posting may be lost ... and second, you reduce the point size of your original.

You'd best ask John why quote's don't appear in answers to them , probably something to do with bandwidth.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »
Good enough for the American justice system.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/mi-court-of-appeals/1683760.html

I think if cadaver odour is present the dogs will reliably alert to it.... But what if cadaver odour is not present and the dogs are repeatedly brought back?  I think it all becomes clear when we see the alert that grime says is, sugggestive of cadaver odour to CC
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:09:28 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »
I think if cadaver odour is present the dogs will reliably alert to it.... But what if cadaver odour is not present and the dogs are repeatedly brought back?  I think it all becomes clear when we see the alert that grime says is, sugggestive of cadaver odour to CC
tell us what you think then.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:10:17 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2018, 12:37:19 PM »

It depends what you mean by 'repeatedly brought back''. What a layman thinks he's seen isn't necessarily what he has seen.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:11:11 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2018, 12:46:54 PM »
It depends what you mean by 'repeatedly brought back''. What a layman thinks he's seen isn't necessarily what he has seen.
Laymen have every right to judge and criticise professionals... That is, a fact of life

Eddie did not alert to CC imo... Grime says he did... Who is right...Grime or the layman
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:13:19 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »
Laymen have every right to judge and criticise professionals... That is, a fact of life

Eddie did not alert to CC imo... Grime says he did... Who is right...Grime or the layman

Laymen can say what they like, but unless they have evidence to support their claims it comes down to a choice of opinions. A professional opinion trumps an amateur opinion imo.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:13:34 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
Laymen can say what they like, but unless they have evidence to support their claims it comes down to a choice of opinions. A professional opinion trumps an amateur opinion imo.
You didn't answer the question... Grime said eddie, alerted to CC... I think that's rubbish

Offline misty

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »
A random question related to another case:- Is it possible to beat a child to death with a stick & leave absolutely no forensic traces of injury or death except remnant scent?

Offline John

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »
A random question related to another case:- Is it possible to beat a child to death with a stick & leave absolutely no forensic traces of injury or death except remnant scent?

I doubt it very much.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:07:16 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2018, 12:27:30 AM »
I doubt it very much.

I'll come back to it after re-reading the forensic evidence in the Bianca Jones case (although I do think Lane is guilty).
Lisa Irwin, Madeleine McCann, Bianca Jones.....alerts beside beds/wardrobes in all 3 cases.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2018, 12:28:32 AM »
I take it they have no body, but they have a stick, or a witness who saw a stick.   Yes if the site was cleaned up. and the blow was to the larynx maybe.  Heart can stop and death occur.
"Tracheobronchial injury (TBI) is damage to the tracheobronchial tree (the airway structure involving the trachea and bronchi).[2] It can result from blunt or penetrating trauma to the neck or chest,[3] inhalation of harmful fumes or smoke, or aspiration of liquids or objects.[4]

Though rare, TBI is a serious condition; it may cause obstruction of the airway with resulting life-threatening respiratory insufficiency.[2] Other injuries accompany TBI in about half of cases.[5] Of those people with TBI who die, most do so before receiving emergency care, either from airway obstruction, exsanguination, or from injuries to other vital organs. Of those who do reach a hospital, the mortality rate may be as high as 30%.[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheobronchial_injury
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2018, 04:53:43 AM »
I take it they have no body, but they have a stick, or a witness who saw a stick.   Yes if the site was cleaned up. and the blow was to the larynx maybe.  Heart can stop and death occur.
"Tracheobronchial injury (TBI) is damage to the tracheobronchial tree (the airway structure involving the trachea and bronchi).[2] It can result from blunt or penetrating trauma to the neck or chest,[3] inhalation of harmful fumes or smoke, or aspiration of liquids or objects.[4]

Though rare, TBI is a serious condition; it may cause obstruction of the airway with resulting life-threatening respiratory insufficiency.[2] Other injuries accompany TBI in about half of cases.[5] Of those people with TBI who die, most do so before receiving emergency care, either from airway obstruction, exsanguination, or from injuries to other vital organs. Of those who do reach a hospital, the mortality rate may be as high as 30%.[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheobronchial_injury
Crushed larynx was what I was really after.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »
You didn't answer the question... Grime said eddie, alerted to CC... I think that's rubbish

You are asking me to judge something I'm not qualified to judge. You are giving your opinion, but Grime's opinion has more value than yours in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.