Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239398 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #690 on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »

What first triggered your disbelief  and has there ever been a time when you doubted your disbelief?

The early appeals by the parents. They didn't trigger disbelief, they just didn't trigger belief. I rhen forgot about it. The next time I took any notice was when they were made arguidos. It didn't surprise me because of my initial impression pf them.

I don't recall taking any other interest in the case for years. Then one day I was asked for my opinion on it and my reply was that I didn't know. I began to research the case in 2014 in order to be able to answer that question. It soon dawned on me that it was necessary to read the PJ files, because so much of what I read was opinion or rumour. My conclusion was that, based on the evidence, it was impossible to be certain what happened to Madeleine.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #691 on: April 11, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
So much effort and publicly, nothing to show for it. Zilch.

And no further on than the day Maddie went missing - IMO

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #692 on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:02 PM »
Amaral instituted and promoted his interpretation of what happened to Madeleine.

He wrote a best selling book about it.

He became an omnipresent media pundit to promulgate it.

Name me anyone else outwith his clique who has not long since abandoned 'doubt' in the face of evidence.

Amaral built a case to declare the McCanns arguidos ... that case was blown away when the PJ files were released, as Sandra Felgueiras broadcast to the Netflix audience.

And yet she continued to question the parents in an accusatory manner for years after the files were released. She therefore must have known the truth but put the parents through that kind of questioning simply for ratings.... either that or she is wringing her hands now for ratings...either way her integrity as an individual as well as her credibility as a journalist is shot.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #693 on: April 11, 2019, 01:17:04 PM »

So you can imagine - as you still believe Maddie could still be alive.

How that must feel -  at the times Maddie was alone and had no one.

Bad decision or choice it was there's to make - not Maddie's.

What is tragic in all this- is Maddie faced it on her own they still had a family.

What I can't imagine is anyone bothering posting a statement like that fourteen years down the line unless there had been some undue outside influence to encourage the continued unkindness.

Words fail me regarding your last sentence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #694 on: April 11, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
Amaral instituted and promoted his interpretation of what happened to Madeleine.

He wrote a best selling book about it.

He became an omnipresent media pundit to promulgate it.

Name me anyone else outwith his clique who has not long since abandoned 'doubt' in the face of evidence.

Amaral built a case to declare the McCanns arguidos ... that case was blown away when the PJ files were released, as Sandra Felgueiras broadcast to the Netflix audience.

What I find in your posts is an unshakeable belief in the McCann's innocence and an equally unshakeable belief that they were only ever doubted because of Amaral. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #695 on: April 11, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »

Look at it in a different way.
So much effort and still nothing to indicate that the police Investigations have apparently found any evidence  of parental involvement.
Surely that would be a relatively easier task than finding the evidence for stranger abduction!
Not really, in the main, and I know there's exceptions, an abductor will leave some trace - damage, footprints, disturbed dust, noise, DNA, fingerprints, etc. It's usually pretty easy evidence to spot. Breaking and entering and then taking a human being will generally involve leaving some vestiges of activity.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #696 on: April 11, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »

What first triggered your disbelief  and has there ever been a time when you doubted your disbelief?
If I may, I will also answer this question - my trigger was the interview when Gerry was asked if he had sedated his kids and he say '....of course we never sedated the children'. Can't remember the actual interview and with whom. But his whole body language was screaming LIE - his words were totally incongruent with all of the signals he was putting out.
I had my doubts, but this remains pertinent for me, even in the context of press persecution / constant barrage of questions / mental exhaustion / grief / anxiety.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #697 on: April 11, 2019, 01:36:12 PM »
What I find in your posts is an unshakeable belief in the McCann's innocence and an equally unshakeable belief that they were only ever doubted because of Amaral.

I have an unshakeable belief in the right of individuals to the right to the presumption of innocence ... it is the hallmark of a civilised society.

As you have noticed my posts respect not just that one but all human rights.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #698 on: April 11, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
Not really, in the main, and I know there's exceptions, an abductor will leave some trace - damage, footprints, disturbed dust, noise, DNA, fingerprints, etc. It's usually pretty easy evidence to spot. Breaking and entering and then taking a human being will generally involve leaving some vestiges of activity.

Alesha MacPhail's abduction left none of the indications you suggest in common with many others.  You recognise that fact in your post. 
Have you never heard of intruders or burglars particularly in holiday complexes illicitly using a key?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #699 on: April 11, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »
If I may, I will also answer this question - my trigger was the interview when Gerry was asked if he had sedated his kids and he say '....of course we never sedated the children'. Can't remember the actual interview and with whom. But his whole body language was screaming LIE - his words were totally incongruent with all of the signals he was putting out.
I had my doubts, but this remains pertinent for me, even in the context of press persecution / constant barrage of questions / mental exhaustion / grief / anxiety.

The body language issue is one which the sceptic belief system adopted with gusto.

There are still those who believe in the tabloid invention of a syringe found to administer drugs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:51:47 PM by Brietta »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #700 on: April 11, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
My original point for the thread was to question why sceptics still hold fast to their beliefs   that the McCanns are complicit in their child's disappearance in spite of two ongoing police investigations which have been investigating the evidence for years, and have declared them not to be suspects.

Just to add on a personal note, we have just celebrated our Golden Wedding and the whole experience has brought sharply home to me how tragic it must be for any family to have a member of their family  missing from any celebration when the family member's whereabouts is unknown.

All other leads have come to nowt for good reason - truth doesn't change!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #701 on: April 11, 2019, 02:05:30 PM »
What I can't imagine is anyone bothering posting a statement like that fourteen years down the line unless there had been some undue outside influence to encourage the continued unkindness.

Words fail me regarding your last sentence.

Likewise - I fail to see to see how you have compassion to the mcs.

Offline jassi

« Reply #702 on: April 11, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »
The body language issue is one which the sceptic belief system adopted with gusto.

There are still those who believe in the tabloid invention of a syringe found to administer drugs.

Really, you must tell me who they are - or is it just your opinion ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #703 on: April 11, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »

Scurrilous, and to be expected from the filthy rags.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #704 on: April 11, 2019, 02:13:16 PM »

Really, you must tell me who they are - or is it just your opinion ?

Hmmm ... you don't read comments under Mccann articles?  Good choice, actually.