Author Topic: Cressida Dick says enquiry will continue until it has reached its conclusion.  (Read 6370 times)

Online Eleanor

Amaral blamed political interference to cover up his own shortcomings... I dint see how any political interference affected the investigation... The problem for the investigation wasn't political interference but the fact they had no evidence to support their claims.... No evidence because the mccanns were innocent

Any Political interference came from the fear that Kate McCann might be treated in the same way that Leonor Cipriano was treated.  That's why The Ambassador hot footed to The Algarve.

And don't any of you think that this couldn't have happened.  Portugal is a disgrace.

Offline faithlilly

Any Political interference came from the fear that Kate McCann might be treated in the same way that Leonor Cipriano was treated.  That's why The Ambassador hot footed to The Algarve.

And don't any of you think that this couldn't have happened.  Portugal is a disgrace.

To be fair Eleanor when it comes to the treatment of individuals in custody the U.K. has a pretty disgraceful track record itself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/deaths-in-custody
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

To be fair Eleanor when it comes to the treatment of individuals in custody the U.K. has a pretty disgraceful track record itself.

no it doesnt...cipriano was not a strapping young man resisting arrest...in portugal these young me would have got a good hiding and survived...john will confirm...in the UK only passive restraint is allowed which means ten police have to sit on a suspect...for those that understand...thats a recipe for disaster.....the main picture in your quote was not a death in custody but a young man who swallowed his drug stash on attempted arrest and choked

The IOPC also identified conflicting advice given to police nationally about searching people suspected of placing drugs or other packages in their mouths, and announced a comprehensive review into the practice.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 06:30:05 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

no it doesnt...cipriano was not a strapping young man resisting arrest...in portugal these young me would have got a good hiding and survived...john will confirm...in the UK only passive restraint is allowed which means ten police have to sit on a suspect...for those that understand...thats a recipe for disaster.....the main picture in your quote was not a death in custody but a young man who swallowed his drug stash on attempted arrest and choked

The IOPC also identified conflicting advice given to police nationally about searching people suspected of placing drugs or other packages in their mouths, and announced a comprehensive review into the practice.

And how do you justify this abhorrent treatment of a vulnerable individual ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

And how do you justify this abhorrent treatment of a vulnerable individual ?

I justify it by the fact that the policeman does not want to be in that position...if people  want to evade arrest... swallow evidence...including drugs,.....then sadly they only have themselves to blame..
I understand you are from the abbot camp re crime...please correct me if im wrong... Dianne abbot has criticised police for knocking criminals off scooters,,....words fail me
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:20:54 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

I justify it by the fact that the policeman does not want to be in that position...if people  want to evade arrest... swallow evidence...including drugs,.....then sadly they only have themselves to blame..
I understand you are from the abbot camp re crime...please correct me if im wrong... Dianne abbot has criticised police for knocking criminals off scooters,,....words fail me

This individual https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/thomas-orchard-death-police-mentally-ill-belt-charged-devon-cornwall-a8320511.html

Offline Mr Gray

This individual https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/thomas-orchard-death-police-mentally-ill-belt-charged-devon-cornwall-a8320511.html

when you have some experience in the restraint of a violent or mentally disturbed individual your opinion might have some value...you dont...so it doesnt..

+You actually raise an important point...the most effective way to restrain someone is to knock them out...this is illegall in the uk...so 10 policeman have to sit on someone to passively restrain them...which..as anyone knows...is a very dangerous action...the police hands are tied
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:45:49 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

when you have some experience in the restraint of a violent or mentally disturbed individual your opinion might have some value...you dont...so it doesnt..

+You actually raise an important point...the most effective way to restrain someone is to knock them out...this is illegall in the uk...so 10 policeman have to sit on someone to passively restrain them...which..as anyone knows...is a very dangerous action...the police hands are tied

As this poor man’s mouth was....with a belt.

Further you have no idea what I have experience in.

Offline Brietta

Snip
Mr Tansley called for an emergency restraint belt (ERB) and wrapped it around Mr Orchard's face.

Devon and Cornwall Police had authorised the US-made restraint device for use across the face to prevent spitting or biting.

A risk assessment of the belt by the force did not identify or refer to any risks to detainees when it was used around the head.

The force is being investigated for suspected offences of corporate manslaughter and offences under the Health and Safety at Work legislation.

Mr Orchard, who was 5ft 7in, was then carried to cell M6 by four officers.

He was placed chest-down on a blue mattress in the cell and searched while handcuffed and in restraints, with the ERB around his face.

The ERB was distributed in the UK by Pro-Tect Systems Limited, the company that had its Taser licence revoked in 2010 after it was found to have supplied non-approved X-12 Tasers. These were used during the stand-off with gunman Raoul Moat in Northumberland in July 2010.

A training manual for the ERB advised that it could be used to prevent a detainee from spitting or biting, claiming that this was a common scenario inside police vehicles.

The manual instructs those using the device about the head to do so lightly, without pressure.

This page was removed from the ERB manual in 2011 as it was uncommon for it to be used in this way, the court heard.

Devon and Cornwall Police did not receive the updated manual until they had a refresher ERB training session with the company after Mr Orchard's death.

Custody records show the force used the ERB around a detained person's face 55 times in the 12 months up to and including Mr Orchard's detention.

Giving evidence, all three defendants claimed Mr Orchard had posed a threat during his time in the custody unit and was saying “I'll bite your f****** face off”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/thomas-orchard-custody-death-latest-police-cleared-exeter-devon-mental-health-three-officers-a7629156.html

A tragic case ... but entirely off topic as it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Scotland Yard will continue to pursue Madeleine's case as stated by Metropolitan police commissioner, Cressida Dick.

Please desist from derailing threads.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

As the officers in question were found not guilty of any wrongdoing in what way is this an example of the UK’s “disgraceful” track record?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Re: Cressida Dick says enquiry will continue until it has reached its conclusion.
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »
Snip
Mr Tansley called for an emergency restraint belt (ERB) and wrapped it around Mr Orchard's face.

Devon and Cornwall Police had authorised the US-made restraint device for use across the face to prevent spitting or biting.

A risk assessment of the belt by the force did not identify or refer to any risks to detainees when it was used around the head.

The force is being investigated for suspected offences of corporate manslaughter and offences under the Health and Safety at Work legislation.

Mr Orchard, who was 5ft 7in, was then carried to cell M6 by four officers.

He was placed chest-down on a blue mattress in the cell and searched while handcuffed and in restraints, with the ERB around his face.

The ERB was distributed in the UK by Pro-Tect Systems Limited, the company that had its Taser licence revoked in 2010 after it was found to have supplied non-approved X-12 Tasers. These were used during the stand-off with gunman Raoul Moat in Northumberland in July 2010.

A training manual for the ERB advised that it could be used to prevent a detainee from spitting or biting, claiming that this was a common scenario inside police vehicles.

The manual instructs those using the device about the head to do so lightly, without pressure.

This page was removed from the ERB manual in 2011 as it was uncommon for it to be used in this way, the court heard.

Devon and Cornwall Police did not receive the updated manual until they had a refresher ERB training session with the company after Mr Orchard's death.

Custody records show the force used the ERB around a detained person's face 55 times in the 12 months up to and including Mr Orchard's detention.

Giving evidence, all three defendants claimed Mr Orchard had posed a threat during his time in the custody unit and was saying “I'll bite your f****** face off”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/thomas-orchard-custody-death-latest-police-cleared-exeter-devon-mental-health-three-officers-a7629156.html

A tragic case ... but entirely off topic as it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Scotland Yard will continue to pursue Madeleine's case as stated by Metropolitan police commissioner, Cressida Dick.

Please desist from derailing threads.

I never cease to be amazed what some people are able to justify.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Cressida Dick says enquiry will continue until it has reached its conclusion.
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2018, 11:50:03 AM »
And I never cease to be amazed by some people’s lack of self awareness. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »

So what should the police do when a suspect wants to bite and spit at them

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »
So what should the police do when a suspect wants to bite and spit at them

Not killing them would be a start.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
No public thank you again for the extra funding or all the effort OG officers are putting in to finding their daughter.

Seems a tad ungrateful but I suppose it takes all sorts.

http://www.findmadeleine.com