Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1481008 times)

Offline The General

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6435 on: November 09, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »

"The woman gave an interview to Portuguese detectives 13 days after the disappearance but the report on the informal interview does not mention her overhearing a conversation about disposing of a body.
However, in April 2008 the woman made a further statement in which she recounted hearing the astonishing comment, saying she heard it days after the abduction."

She heard it days after but did not reveal it to police on 16 May 2007.  *%87
The incompetent fools, they should have known she was holding back.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6436 on: November 09, 2019, 01:30:18 PM »
The incompetent fools, they should have known she was holding back.

@)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6437 on: November 09, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
Particularly if the conduct of the investigation is incompetent.

That's a matter of opinion, not fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6438 on: November 09, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
This witness,  they were following up what this witness said she heard.   I'm sure I've given you this link before -

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case

A witness who said nothing at the time but allegedly remembered it years later? Yeah, that sounds convincing....not!
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #6439 on: November 09, 2019, 02:27:22 PM »

"The woman gave an interview to Portuguese detectives 13 days after the disappearance but the report on the informal interview does not mention her overhearing a conversation about disposing of a body.
However, in April 2008 the woman made a further statement in which she recounted hearing the astonishing comment, saying she heard it days after the abduction."

She heard it days after but did not reveal it to police on 16 May 2007.  *%87

The Police felt they had to investigate just in case IMO

Some people take a while to  go to the police perhaps she was thinking 'did I really hear what I think I heard'  then decided she would go and tell the Police anyway

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6440 on: November 09, 2019, 03:11:45 PM »

Some people take a while to  go to the police perhaps she was thinking 'did I really hear what I think I heard'  then decided she would go and tell the Police anyway

I wonder which police she spoke to in May 2008? There's nothing in the PJ Files imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6441 on: November 09, 2019, 03:13:28 PM »

I thought she had overheard a conversation on the night - 'Why did you bring her here' but according to the report it was days after. I suppose a body hidden on the night then moved somewhere else days later cannot be ruled out.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #6442 on: November 09, 2019, 05:48:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the origin of the photo to the left is and how it relates to Madeleine? Madeleine is on the right.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6443 on: November 09, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
Aren't they called 'cold cases'? - when an investigation is terminated due to lack of useful evidence.

How can you look for something of which there is no trace?
Ask the police, those who have spent years looking for Ben Needham, Claudia Lawrence, etc.  Should they have given up as soon as it was established there was no actual evidence regarding what happened the day they went missing?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6444 on: November 09, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »

What would  the expectation of Grange digging the earth in Luz  back in 2014 be?
You are obsessed with those digs - why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6445 on: November 09, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
Of course the child counts, but sometimes there's no definitive evidence. The Portuguese investigators were quite right to archive the case in my opinion. Not all cases are solvable.
And yet the Met found all sorts of new investigative opportunities prior to re-opening the case.  Why were they not followed up by the initial investigation? 

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #6446 on: November 09, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »
And yet the Met found all sorts of new investigative opportunities prior to re-opening the case.  Why were they not followed up by the initial investigation?

And what useful leads they were too, hence the reason Maddie is home safe & w.......Oh, no wait, that's right.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6447 on: November 09, 2019, 06:51:26 PM »
Does anyone know what the origin of the photo to the left is and how it relates to Madeleine? Madeleine is on the right.
The photo on the left could be Madeleine McCann, it is not one I recall.   Where did you get it from?  The way there is eye shadow applied it has similarities to the make-up photo taken in PDL (I think).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:56:36 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6448 on: November 09, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »
And what useful leads they were too, hence the reason Maddie is home safe & w.......Oh, no wait, that's right.
So in the wonderful world of Spam police shouldn’t follow up on investigative leads because probably nothing will come of them.  Best to ignore them, it saves time, money and bother.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6449 on: November 09, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »
The photo on the left could be Madeleine McCann, it is not one I recall.   Where did you get it from?
The nose is a very good match to Madeleine’s.