Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1488790 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6405 on: November 09, 2019, 08:29:41 AM »
”A stranger does not exist unless you have some evidence of one” - extremely poor logic IMO.  Didn’t bother with the rest.

The police are supposed to follow the evidence. If there's no evidence of a stranger then they're not following the evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6406 on: November 09, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
The police are supposed to follow the evidence. If there's no evidence of a stranger then they're not following the evidence.
      What about the missing child? Doesn't she count?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6407 on: November 09, 2019, 08:45:30 AM »
So in a serious crime with no tangible evidence (ie forensics etc) police should just stop investigating?  No evidence of a stranger abductor means there is no stranger abductor - you believe that is logical do you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #6408 on: November 09, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
So in a serious crime with no tangible evidence (ie forensics etc) police should just stop investigating?  No evidence of a stranger abductor means there is no stranger abductor - you believe that is logical do you?

Aren't they called 'cold cases'? - when an investigation is terminated due to lack of useful evidence.

How can you look for something of which there is no trace?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6409 on: November 09, 2019, 09:04:55 AM »
Aren't they called 'cold cases'? - when an investigation is terminated due to lack of useful evidence.

What can you expect to find if you don't look for it ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #6410 on: November 09, 2019, 09:06:27 AM »

These cases then are reopened should advances be made in forensics or such like as has happened in the likes of the Lesley Moseley case or other new evidence comes up,some false as in the recent digs concerning the disappearance of Suzi lamplugh show.IMO in the Madeleine case, history will show it falls between these two,should a confession not be forthcoming.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #6411 on: November 09, 2019, 09:07:23 AM »

What would you be looking for ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #6412 on: November 09, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »

What would  the expectation of Grange digging the earth in Luz  back in 2014 be?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Lace

« Reply #6413 on: November 09, 2019, 10:06:19 AM »

What would  the expectation of Grange digging the earth in Luz  back in 2014 be?

Either a body or no body.   they had to follow up on what the witness said didn't they?   There was no body.

Offline barrier

« Reply #6414 on: November 09, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
Either a body or no body.   they had to follow up on what the witness said didn't they?   There was no body.

What witness's,we know it wasn't the 3 amigos's,they were questioned afterwards.

Offline jassi

« Reply #6415 on: November 09, 2019, 10:56:04 AM »

The problem with digging holes is that unless you find what you are looking for, there is the distinct possibility that you have not dug in the correct place.

No trace of the object does not mean the object is not somewhere else, possibly  nearby.

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6416 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »
      What about the missing child? Doesn't she count?

Of course the child counts, but sometimes there's no definitive evidence. The Portuguese investigators were quite right to archive the case in my opinion. Not all cases are solvable.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6417 on: November 09, 2019, 12:13:17 PM »

These cases then are reopened should advances be made in forensics or such like as has happened in the likes of the Lesley Moseley case or other new evidence comes up,some false as in the recent digs concerning the disappearance of Suzi lamplugh show.IMO in the Madeleine case, history will show it falls between these two,should a confession not be forthcoming.

What if it is discovered that evidence which had been given to the police had never been investigated at all but filed away as being irrelevant.  I think that is either enormously corrupt or enormously incompetent if not both.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6418 on: November 09, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »

A process of elimination.  Isn't that what police do in an investigation?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6419 on: November 09, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »
Of course the child counts, but sometimes there's no definitive evidence. The Portuguese investigators were quite right to archive the case in my opinion. Not all cases are solvable.

Particularly if the conduct of the investigation is incompetent.