Author Topic: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata  (Read 203966 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata
« Reply #1950 on: August 03, 2019, 08:31:47 AM »
Of course when Grime showed the video of Luz to Harper... Grime thought the alerts were important

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1951 on: August 03, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
To back up what I just said, from the files.

These terms of joining were elaborated and will be signed.

Portimao 23 August 2007

Eddie & Keela Martin Grime Report
August 2007

'Eddie' The Enhanced Victim Recovery Dog (E.V.R.D.) will search for and
locate human remains and body fluids including blood in any environment or
terrain. The initial training of the dog was conducted using human blood and
stil born decomposing piglets. The importance of this is that the dog is
introduced to the scent of a decomposing body NOT FOODSTUFF. This
ensures that the dog disregards the 'bacon sandwich' and 'kebab' etc that is
ever present in the background environment. Therefore the dog would
remain efficient searching for a cadaver in a café where the clientele were sat
eating bacon sandwiches. He has additionally trained exclusively using
human remains in the U.S.A. in association with the F.B.I.
The enhanced training of the dog has also involved the use of collection of 'cadaver scent' odor from human corpses using remote technical equipment which does not contact the subject.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Do we all agree Eddie was trained as Grime  says here? That he had been trained using cadaver odour as in "involved the use of collection of 'cadaver scent' odour from human corpses using remote technical equipment which does not contact the subject. "

That sounds  like some sort of filtration system.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:53:01 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1952 on: August 03, 2019, 10:00:56 AM »
Do we all agree Eddie was trained as Grime  says here? That he had been trained using cadaver odour as in "involved the use of collection of 'cadaver scent' odour from human corpses using remote technical equipment which does not contact the subject. "

That sounds  like some sort of filtration system.

Wasn't he talking about gauze pads?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:09:11 AM by Robittybob1 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1953 on: August 03, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Wasm't he talking about gauze pads?
If you draw air through a gauze pad it would act as a type of vacuum cleaner system filtering the air coming off close to a cadaver
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:17:12 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1954 on: August 03, 2019, 10:22:53 AM »
If you draw air through a gauze pad it would act as a type of vacuum cleaner system filtering the air coming off close to a cadaver

Multiple times would then have the dog only alerting to the cadaver to enhance training?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1955 on: August 03, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »
Multiple times would then have the dog only alerting to the cadaver to enhance training?
He was trained using a variety of sample types.  Swabs produced like as described above would offer variability in odours as well IMO.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:47:50 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline barrier

« Reply #1956 on: August 03, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »
He was trained using a variety of sample types.  Swabs produced like as described above would offer variability in odours as well IMO.

They would be trying to isolate the cadaver odour so the dog would alert to only that surely.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1957 on: August 03, 2019, 04:40:43 PM »
They would be trying to isolate the cadaver odour so the dog would alert to only that surely.
Grime in his white papers seemed to emphasise the need for variability.  I'm trying to think of an analogy.  It could be like a sniffer dog at the border if they are trying to stop importation of plants, and fruit etc, the dogs would need to know the full range of smells to alert to.
That is to prevent the dog thinking he only has to identify one odour.  Not all human cadavers will smell the same over the length of the decomposition process.  Odours will range From dried blood, to fresh cadaver to old buried cadavers to dried out teeth and bones. 
Even I know they aren't all going to smell the same.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:34:34 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1958 on: August 06, 2019, 02:26:31 AM »
No.. Because what is important is the evidence the dogs help find...it doesn't matter what claims are made for how brilliant they are... It's the evidence they find that counts
""what is important is the evidence the dogs help find"  I like that Davel.

Moderation