Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119264 times)

Alfie

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
It was not possible to escape both men's attention passing them within feet in her flip flops that she had trouble walking in. Boy oh boy -  If you tried to reconstruct it you would be the biggest laughing stock. That's why the police didin't believe it and kept questioning this sighting.

At some point she translated the statement of one of the ladies who belonged to the group and that she describes as a brunette one. This lady said to the GNR elements, and she (the witness) translated, that she had seen a man on the road who might have carried a child.
This situation surprised her because she (the witness) was convinced that when the lady saw the man, the lady was in a place from where she had no angle of vision for the place where she saw the man. She doesn't know exactly what was the position of the lady when she saw the man, but she knows that the lady said she saw the man in the street in front of the Madeleine's bedroom window, walking in the direction of the street that then leads to the Baptista supermarket.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

In my explanation JT turned left and took the pathway route to avoid the men chatting outside 5A gate and saw the man crossing the car park entrance in front of the apartments.

"She saw the man in the street in front of the Madeleine's bedroom window, walking in the direction of the street that then leads to the Baptista supermarket."
There we go - "it was not possible", yet I have just posted an anecdote from another forum which shows that it IS possible to be passed by and greeted by someone you know and not see them.  What more can I say?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
This was a deserted street not a busy store looking at other things. Jez had a pram so he should have been aware of his surroundings. He claimed to be and said no Jane. He saw Jane when he left around 8:30.

Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner;
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple.

Q. Relative to the passerby/transient:
I can affirm that it was a quiet street and it was very unlikely that someone could have passed by be in this way but this as an assumption and I do not remember anything having happened.

I would say that when I spoke with Gerry it was possible to recognize someone I knew who was passing on foot at the crossing at the top of the hill or to describe approximately someone unknown from that distance.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

He was adamant that he did not see any one else in the area. When spoken to in reference to Jane Tanner walking by, he again stated that he saw no one. He also stated that he did not see or hear anyone to his right. He was aware of the recent picture in the papers re the person with a child wrapped in a blanket and in a males arms allegedly walking across the junction to his right but again stated that he did not see any one.
The conversation with Gerry lasted for about three minutes during which Gerry was chatty and in his normal self. Jeremy then made his way back to his apartment.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
There in my bolded part is the first half of the explanation.  To Jez, Jane Tanner was a nobody, so why would he have remembered a nobody passing by?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »
If you want to go with the majority opinion go with it.  I don't really care tbh.
True, does it really matter what side of the road someone is chatting on.  It hasn't concerned me tbh either.
It might concern Gerry though for if someone forgets then it could be asked what else is forgotten and confused.
I have always felt for Jane for quite often she is made out as being untruthful. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:27:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »
How is this explained?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inattentional_blindness

Now someone tell me why it couldn't possibly be explained by this?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »
There in my bolded part is the first half of the explanation.  To Jez, Jane Tanner was a nobody, so why would he have remembered a nobody passing by?
Look at the timing of the statements - there could be many reasons why Jez wants to discredit Jane Tanner as has Silvia Batista. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 04:35:35 PM »

That is what I was hoping to discuss, but what about the causes?
8   Possible causes
8.1   Conspicuity
8.2   Mental workload and working memory
8.3   Expectation
8.4   Capacity
Which was the likely cause?
Moderation

Alfie

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »
That is what I was hoping to discuss, but what about the causes? Which was the likely cause?
The likely cause is that Gerry and Jez were relaxed, talking to each other and not overly bothered by what was going on around them.  The last time this topic came up I also mentioned the 14 bottles of wine Gerry had just consumed and was given a warning for libel so I won't do that again... @)(++(*

Note to Mods:  Gerry didn't really drink 14 bottles of wine.  It's a joke.  It's not libel.  Please be lenient with me. &%54%

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »
The likely cause is that Gerry and Jez were relaxed, talking to each other and not overly bothered by what was going on around them.  The last time this topic came up I also mentioned the 14 bottles of wine Gerry had just consumed and was given a warning for libel so I won't do that again... @)(++(*

Note to Mods:  Gerry didn't really drink 14 bottles of wine.  It's a joke.  It's not libel.  Please be lenient with me. &%54%
Relaxed?  Was that in the list above?
Moderation

ferryman

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 04:43:47 PM »

The test (of libel!) is whether people reading what is written are likely to think it, actually, true.

Of course, there are other tests.

But that is one of the tests.

In fact, a key test.

And to be clear, if a right-thinking member of the public is highly unlikely, taking each word, on face-value, as written, to think it true, then it isn't libel.

For me, Alfie's post passes muster (as non-libellous).

But then, that's just me ...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »
Being relaxed from alcohol and Inattentional blindness are totally different states.  You are getting confused.
Moderation

Alfie

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
Being relaxed from alcohol and Inattentional blindness are totally different states.  You are getting confused.
That's because I'm totally relaxed and half a bottle of wine down.... %&5%£

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
Don't think anyone could seriously believe in someone drinking 14 bottles of wine, to be honest.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »

Two people having inattentional blindness in the same place at the same time ?
Oh wait it is not the same place is it ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
Two people having inattentional blindness in the same place at the same time ?
Oh wait it is not the same place is it ?
Why not? 

Alfie