Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119327 times)

Offline Lace

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »
Jez said he saw Gerry and went to cross the road to speak to him.   In my opinion Gerry met him half way,  Jez had the buggy facing down the road and both of them were looking down the road and talking.   Jane went past she said she was trying to walk quietly in her flip flops.  she saw them engrossed in conversation was going to speak to Gerry but decided not to.

I can't imagine why Jane would make this up.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2016, 06:40:08 PM »
Why not?

More like why.
The set up is Jane says she walked past Jez & Jerry standing having a natter on the sidewalk; they didn't see her.
So to fit that set up both Jez and Gerry have inattentional blindness at the same time.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY

Yes very good I am sure there are many atypical videos of all sorts of things.
How does this explain the Jane Jez and Gerry set up? Words of one syllable will do preferably without asking questions.
Gerry and Jez were having a natter shooting the breeze when Jane walks past quite clear in her own mind the location of people.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
More like why.
The set up is Jane says she walked past Jez & Jerry standing having a natter on the sidewalk; they didn't see her.
So to fit that set up both Jez and Gerry have inattentional blindness at the same time.

It is possible. - Gerry wrapped up in his own importance and droning on at length  while Jez switched off and glassy-eyed waiting for him to finish.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
It is possible. - Gerry wrapped up in his own importance and droning on at length  while Jez switched off and glassy-eyed waiting for him to finish.

In which case he wouldn't have crossed the road to speak to Gerry in the first place,  he would have just waved and carried on his way.

Alfie

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2016, 06:58:46 PM »
More like why.
As they were both engaged in conversation with each other at the time then that would be a problem to you because...?  In any case when they were chatting were they both facing the same way?  That would be odd...

Offline jassi

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
In which case he wouldn't have crossed the road to speak to Gerry in the first place,  he would have just waved and carried on his way.

Perhaps Jez didn't realize what he was letting himself in for - until it was too late.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfie

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »
Quite.  Or even vice versa.  Jez does not seem to have had a negative word to say about Gerry. I wonder why,..? &%+((£

Alfie

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2016, 07:02:10 PM »
Yes very good I am sure there are many atypical videos of all sorts of things.
How does this explain the Jane Jez and Gerry set up? Words of one syllable will do preferably without asking questions.
Gerry and Jez were having a natter shooting the breeze when Jane walks past quite clear in her own mind the location of people.
What's wrong with asking questions? 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:04:16 PM by Slartibartfast »

Offline jassi

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2016, 07:11:13 PM »
Quite.  Or even vice versa.  Jez does not seem to have had a negative word to say about Gerry. I wonder why,..? &%+((£

Even if Jez thought Gerry was a complete arse, what motivation would he have to say so ?

Or maybe not -

Alfie

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
Even if Jez thought Gerry was a complete arse, what motivation would he have to say so ?
Perhaps a suspicion that he was involved in his daughter's disapppearance?  But seriously do you think if you'd just discovered your daughter dead a the bottom of the stairs (for example) that you'd want to stop and bore someone senseless with banal pleasantries?  It seems unlikely to me, how about you?

Offline jassi

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »
Perhaps a suspicion that he was involved in his daughter's disapppearance?  But seriously do you think if you'd just discovered your daughter dead a the bottom of the stairs (for example) that you'd want to stop and bore someone senseless with banal pleasantries?  It seems unlikely to me, how about you?

I put it forward as a possibility. You don't have to like it.  ?{)(**

Or maybe not -

Alfie

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »
I put it forward as a possibility. You don't have to like it.  ?{)(**
It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it doesn't seem like the sort of thing a parent in shock, with heart inevitably pounding, adrenalin coursing through veins and a million things racing around in his mind would want or be able to do, ie: appear perfectly normal and relaxed and chatty and wanting to have a prolonged chat about children and babysitters.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
More like why.
Or did they just agree that they never saw her right then and there!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2016, 07:57:04 PM »
The bolded part is goading, why you feel the need to keep doing so, only you can know.

The answer to your question is that clearly both Gerry and Jez remember things slightly differently, but there is no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong.

Yes there is. Jane Tanner says the exactly the same thing as Jez, that's how we know who's recollection is right. You are not a stupid man Alfie, why are you acting like one?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?