Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119334 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »
Why not?
Why not deliberate inattentional blindness?  "Between you and me we didn't see her OK"
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 08:10:32 PM »
Why not deliberate inattentional blindness?  "Between you and me we didn't see her OK"

If they were both looking down the road and talking they wouldn't have seen her.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2016, 08:13:36 PM »
Quite.  Or even vice versa.  Jez does not seem to have had a negative word to say about Gerry. I wonder why,..? &%+((£
In later write-ups Bridget Jez' wife doesn't have that many good things to say about Gerry and Co. More negative than positive IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
If they were both looking down the road and talking they wouldn't have seen her.
They would have heard her at least.  Turned their heads, said something and looked away.  It is easy done. Pretended not to see her so they didn't have to speak with her at that time.
Moderation

Offline Benice

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 08:36:38 PM »
There we go - "it was not possible", yet I have just posted an anecdote from another forum which shows that it IS possible to be passed by and greeted by someone you know and not see them.  What more can I say?

It is perfectly possible as it happened to me.     I was standing at my front garden gate saying goodbye to my grandson who was sitting opposite me in his car parked at the kerb at around 7ft/ 8 ft from me.  I was looking at him and he was looking at me.  We were talking all the time.   As he leaned out to close his door - which was wide open, he dropped his keys.      In the few seconds it took him to look down and retrieve his keys a jogger passed between us.    I made a comment to grandson - laughing about the jogger's shorts.    Grandson said ' What shorts?'    He had no idea at all that anyone had just passed between us.     I was amazed that he hadn't seen him.  But he really hadn't.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »
It is perfectly possible as it happened to me.     I was standing at my front garden gate saying goodbye to my grandson who was sitting opposite me in his car parked at the kerb at around 7ft/ 8 ft from me.  I was looking at him and he was looking at me.  We were talking all the time.   As he leaned out to close his door - which was wide open, he dropped his keys.      In the few seconds it took him to look down and retrieve his keys a jogger passed between us.    I made a comment to grandson - laughing about the jogger's shorts.    Grandson said ' What shorts?'    He had no idea at all that anyone had just passed between us.     I was amazed that he hadn't seen him.  But he really hadn't.

But you saw him.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »
Let's look at the actual time taken in the conversation and the topic of conversation.  And remember bythe time Jez gives his statement he has probably been aware of Gerry's statement. 
Jez's 7th May Statement
We decided to spend the evening in, watching television. Our son was awake and unable to sleep. I decided to take him for a walk in his pram. I left about 8:15 to 8:30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I could not see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out at the top road.

I met him near the stairs of a ground floor. There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said you're on walking duty. I said I was staying in and [ censored word ] and cons and what to do with the children.

Having had a couple of lessons from Wyatt on witness statement analysis, I'm tending to read too much into Jez' statement. 
He was "staying in" but was out on the street an hour pushing the pram. Now that seems contradictory to me.
Did the wife go out for a walk too?  He would have no idea for he is not home for that hour.

He did make an earlier statement to the PJ in PDL but makes no mention of seeing Gerry.
Following various informal conversations related to the area of research, we were contacted by a British citizen named Jeremy Michael Wilkins, holder of passport no. 205...., owner of mobile phone no. +44788...., living in ....London...He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS," block G4, about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child was. He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. This person did not stay very long.

He was at the restaurant at 9:00 PM when he saw that rasta individual.  Wyatt would have a field day here .
I am not happy with all the informal discussions about the case prior to Jez making his statement.
"Following various informal conversations related to the area of research,..." what the heck does that mean?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:05:06 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Alfie

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »
More nonsense from you.

Alfie

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »
Yes there is. Jane Tanner says the exactly the same thing as Jez, that's how we know who's recollection is right. You are not a stupid man Alfie, why are you acting like one?
More goading from you I see. 

I don't know who is right but I do know that in a group of 3 people it's possible for two to be wrong and one to right. 

Alfie

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »
In later write-ups Bridget Jez' wife doesn't have that many good things to say about Gerry and Co. More negative than positive IMO.
Would you kindly give us some examples?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
More goading from you I see. 

I don't know who is right but I do know that in a group of 3 people it's possible for two to be wrong and one to right.

Absolute rubbish, and you know it.

This is where you lose the little credibility you have left Alfie.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfie

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
Absolute rubbish, and you know it.

This is where you lose the little credibility you have left Alfie.
More rudeness, more goading. Kindly tell me why it is impossible for one person to be right and two to be wrong.  Was Jez 100% certain about his position?

BTW with your barmy theory you're in no position to denigrate my credibility.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
More rudeness, more goading. Kindly tell me why it is impossible for one person to be right and two to be wrong.  Was Jez 100% certain about his position?

BTW with your barmy theory you're in no position to denigrate my credibility.

Tell me Alfie who's evidence do you think the police would give more credibility, Jez/Tanner or Gerry?

Alfie

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
Tell me Alfie who's evidence do you think the police would give more credibility, Jez/Tanner or Gerry?
You tell me.  What have they said about it?   was Jez certain about his position?  Personally I don't think the police in any of the investigations have put nearly as much importance on this position thing than you have.  Perhaps you could explain that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2016, 09:26:16 PM »

They would have both seen her. Jane Tanner was walking on the same pavement so she would have to nearly knock them both out of the way to pass. Why would Gerry cross the road when Jez had to cross it to get back to his apartment.

"I met him near the stairs of a ground floor. There was a gate leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment. We spoke for a few minutes. He said you're on walking duty. I said I was staying in and [ censored word ] and cons and what to do with the children." (7 May 2007)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:28:53 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.