Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119254 times)

Offline Benice

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2016, 02:05:39 PM »
I wasn't aware I wasn't giving you straight answers. They seem pretty straight to me.

Anyhoo ! Tanner's evidence ( about the position of the chat ) is corroborated by Jez, that gives it credibility and as I have said before Rebelo certainly had reservations about Gerry's recollection as is shown by his request for a reconstitution.

What would be the point of a recon?  Gerry would go to where he remembered standing and Jez would go to where he remembered standing.     All that would be proved is the fallibility of memory - which is already well known and accepted as a fact of life by experienced police officers - who know that when it comes to witnesses recalling the same event - they will get different versions from different people.  Something which they regard as quite normal.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2016, 03:09:23 PM »
He could have said he glimpse her out of the corner of his eye when he was talking to Jez,  Jane decided not to acknowledge Gerry so I wouldn't see anything strange if he hadn't waved at Jane.
exactly and I think Gerry does acknowledge this. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2016, 03:12:49 PM »
Did you give a straight answer to this - "And if you believe the police would find JT's evidence credible perhaps you can explain why super-sleuth Amaral dismissed her as a not credible witness?"
No.
I rest my case.

Your theory that Gerry had to relocate himself on the off chance some random person on a balcony saw him, despite the fact that he knew there were two people who would give statements that he was standing in a (slightly) different position is a non-starter.  Try and come up with another, more plausible reason.  Here's one - all three are remembering the event ever so slightly differently from each other as they are 3 independent people who experienced the event from slightly different perspectives - or is that just completely impossible?

I think I explained that but just for for you........Tanner's account of the positions of Jez and Gerry was given credibility because Jez verified it. How many more ways can I say it?

As to your second question. Gerry positioned himself precisely where Jez and Tanner said in the collective timeline handed into the PJ on the 10th of May :

'2115: JT leaves table, and sees GM talking with fellow resident ("Jez" Wilkins) outside the patio gate of 5A. The two were standing just up the hill from the gate towards Rua A. da Silva Road. She did not speak to GM as she passed.'

Remember this timeline was constructed with both Kate and Gerry's input.

It really doesn't matter why he changed his position only that he did despite him knowing that Tanner and Jez would give a different account
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
Come on Faithlilly it's nonsense and you know it.  No one is going to deliberately contradict their pre-arranged alibi on the faintest possibility that someone may come forward to contradict you as well, especially when you know that there are already 2 people prepared to contradict your own statement.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  And if you believe the police would find JT's evidence credible perhaps you can explain why super-sleuth Amaral dismissed her as a not credible witness?  Will you give a straight answer?  I doubt it!
That is the most libelous statement I've ever read.  Pre-arranged alibi!  Have you explained that somewhere.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
What would be the point of a recon?  Gerry would go to where he remembered standing and Jez would go to where he remembered standing.     All that would be proved is the fallibility of memory - which is already well known and accepted as a fact of life by experienced police officers - who know that when it comes to witnesses recalling the same event - they will get different versions from different people.  Something which they regard as quite normal.

This is why a reconstitution was necessary. From the archiving despatch :

'Reconstitution

1 - The physical, real and effective proximity between Jane Tanner, Gerald McCann and Jeremy Wilkins, at the moment when the first person walked by them, and which coincided with the sighting of the supposed suspect, carrying a child. It results, in our perspective, strange that neither Gerald McCann nor Jeremy Wilkins saw her, or the alleged abductor, despite the exiguity of the space and the peacefulness of the area;'

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »

'Reconstitution

1 - The physical, real and effective proximity between Jane Tanner, Gerald McCann and Jeremy Wilkins, at the moment when the first person walked by them, and which coincided with the sighting of the supposed suspect, carrying a child. It results, in our perspective, strange that neither Gerald McCann nor Jeremy Wilkins saw her, or the alleged abductor, despite the exiguity of the space and the peacefulness of the area;'
I tend to agree for it is the clue to this case.  4 (5?) vital persons in a very small area.  JW, GM, JT, Tannerman and a child.
There is no evidence to suggest the child is MM.

Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2016, 03:38:01 PM »
I tend to agree for it is the clue to this case.  4 (5?) vital persons in a very small area.  JW, GM, JT, Tannerman and a child.
There is no evidence to suggest the child is MM.

Well if Tannerman is who SY say he is, that is certainly true.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfie

« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »
I think I explained that but just for for you........Tanner's account of the positions of Jez and Gerry was given credibility because Jez verified it. How many more ways can I say it?

As to your second question. Gerry positioned himself precisely where Jez and Tanner said in the collective timeline handed into the PJ on the 10th of May :

'2115: JT leaves table, and sees GM talking with fellow resident ("Jez" Wilkins) outside the patio gate of 5A. The two were standing just up the hill from the gate towards Rua A. da Silva Road. She did not speak to GM as she passed.'

It really doesn't matter why he changed his position only that he did despite him knowing that Tanner and Jez would give a different account
I agree it doesn't matter at all, so it's of no relevance at all - great, let's move on.

Alfie

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
That is the most libelous statement I've ever read.  Pre-arranged alibi!  Have you explained that somewhere.
Are you trying to get me into trouble?  @)(++(*  Faithlilly thinks JT and Gerry cooked up the whole Tannerman sighting between them, then Gerry dobbed her in it (for reasons she can't really explain) by claiming he never saw her - ask her for the details by PM, not me.

Alfie

« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »

Re: the bit in bold - as far as the police are concerned Gerry and Jez both confirm they never saw Jane, so why do you think they would consider the JT / Jez testimony as more credible than the Gerry / Jez testimony?  amaral didn't think she was credible as I keep pointing out and you keep ignoring.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:13:47 PM by Alfie »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »
Well if Tannerman is who SY say he is, that is certainly true.
Is it true that Jane said Jez and Jerry were up hill from the gate, if that is the case Jez on his way home was walking away from Gerry when they met.  TBH this is the first time I've tried to understand what is going on here and I must admit I'm confused by it all.

Are you trying to get me into trouble?  @)(++(*  Faithlilly thinks JT and Gerry cooked up the whole Tannerman sighting between them, then Gerry dobbed her in it (for reasons she can't really explain) by claiming he never saw her - ask her for the details by PM, not me.
Is it you saying prearranged alibi or her?  Now you're saying it is Faithlilly saying this. OK I get it.   I don't think I've agreed with her yet on anything.
Moderation

Alfie

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
Is it true that Jane said Jez and Jerry were up hill from the gate, if that is the case Jez on his way home was walking away from Gerry when they met.  TBH this is the first time I've tried to understand what is going on here and I must admit I'm confused by it all.
Is it you saying prearranged alibi or her?  Now you're saying it is Faithlilly saying this. OK I get it.   I don't think I've agreed with her yet on anything.
Haven't you got it yet?  I think Gerry McCann is completely honest and innocent of the crime of hiding a body and engaging in a massive cover up.  He did not collude with JT to manufacture an alibi as some people like to think.  I am NOT libelling Gerry McCann though no doubt some officious Mod will choose to see it that way.

Offline Benice

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »

'Reconstitution

I did know why they wanted the recon.     However if the people involved have different memories of where they stood (which they do) then it just isn't possible to recreate the scene with any accuracy unless one one of them stands where he doesn't believe he stood.   But that would mean it was not a truthful account by one person.

Yes I can understand that some people would think it strange that neither men saw JT pass by, but it's not impossible - as I have previously explained - because I have seen it happen myself.   And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Any suggestion that JT would collude with Gerry and lie to the police for him makes no sense.  - She hardly knew the man and was definitely not the brainless idiot she would need to be -  to agree to put her own children/family in such grave  danger by perverting the course of  justice in that way -or any other way.    Not a chance IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »

When this timeline was written Gerry had said he used the front door when checking. That fits with him meeting Jes north of the gate.

Then he changed his mind and said he used the patio door, so he couldn't have been standing north of the gate, could he?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
Re: the bit in bold - as far as the police are concerned Gerry and Jez both confirm they never saw Jane, so why do you think they would consider the JT / Jez testimony as more credible than the Gerry / Jez testimony?  amaral didn't think she was credible as I keep pointing out and you keep ignoring.

Erm but Jez/Gerry didn't see Tanner. Jez, an independent witness, lends the credibility.

Perhaps it would aid our discussion if you could post a cite for Amaral's opinion of Tanner?