Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119310 times)

stephen25000

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »
The case has not been solved yet.

No kidding.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2016, 10:52:56 AM »

No kidding.
What I'm allowing for is an alternative outcome. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »
The case has not been solved yet.
In my opinion the Tanner sighting is not an abduction.  The child being carried is not Madeleine.  But it wasn't creche man either.

Oh no! Surely not Whicker Island again?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
I'm enquiring as to why they didn't see Jayne rather than why they didn't see Tannerman.

OK,

I covered the likely reasons in my post « Reply #82 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »

It is fairly long winded so you probably skipped it ... but it is thorough.

It may or may not be correct in its entirety, but the fact that people cannot see beyond certain angles, as specified in  Heriberto Janosch’ report is beyond disbelief.

We simply cannot see too wide a vision.  If both men were intent on looking down at the toddler in the pushchair, neither would see Jane pass by.   In one of his statements, Jez has said that he thinks that the pushchair was at the side of him pointing down the road.  Looking at the baby would mean that Jane was simply beyond his line of vision .....
simples.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2016, 11:42:56 AM »
OK,

I covered the likely reasons in my post « Reply #82 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »

It is fairly long winded so you probably skipped it ... but it is thorough.

It may or may not be correct in its entirety, but the fact that people cannot see beyond certain angles, as specified in  Heriberto Janosch’ report is beyond disbelief.

We simply cannot see too wide a vision.  If both men were intent on looking down at the toddler in the pushchair, neither would see Jane pass by.   In one of his statements, Jez has said that he thinks that the pushchair was at the side of him pointing down the road.  Looking at the baby would mean that Jane was simply beyond his line of vision .....
simples.

It wasn't only vision, there was movement and probably sound also.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2016, 11:50:49 AM »
It wasn't only vision, there was movement and probably sound also.

Movement is registered in vision. 
If it was not in the "field of vision" cos they were both looking down at Jez' baby, then no amouint of movement would enable them to see Jane .... simples

Maybe there was a flip flopping sound, but maybe there wasn't.  It depends on the quality of the "flip flops"

But I hardly think that Jane would go to dinner in rubber beach flip flops!   She is the long term partner of a medical consultant and also has a good position herself .... she could afford some really nice evening "flip flops" ... the silent kind !

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2016, 01:11:20 PM »
Movement is registered in vision. 
If it was not in the "field of vision" cos they were both looking down at Jez' baby, then no amouint of movement would enable them to see Jane .... simples

Maybe there was a flip flopping sound, but maybe there wasn't.  It depends on the quality of the "flip flops"

But I hardly think that Jane would go to dinner in rubber beach flip flops!   She is the long term partner of a medical consultant and also has a good position herself .... she could afford some really nice evening "flip flops" ... the silent kind !

Here is what can be seen out of the 'corner of the eye'. The rods which detect movement are very numerous in our peripheral vision, more so than in our macula area, where cones are more numerous.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/rodcone.html

Silent flip flops? A bit of a misnomer then. I have looked, but they all seem to make that noise unless you practice for hours to walk silently.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2016, 01:26:51 PM »
Here is what can be seen out of the 'corner of the eye'. The rods which detect movement are very numerous in our peripheral vision, more so than in our macula area, where cones are more numerous.

Silent flip flops? A bit of a misnomer then. I have looked, but they all seem to make that noise unless you practice for hours to walk silently.
I haven't read the article yet, which I definitely will do.  But have you tested this idea out for yourself?  Preferably in lighting conditions which approximate to those of Gerry/Jez?  (Obviously I can't have done the latter yet due to the time of day.)

I'm interested because I would estimate my peripheral vision, side to side, to be close to 170.  I don't get near the up-field in that diagram, probably as an evolutionary characteristic to stop me getting blinded by the sun.  I think I get close to the down-field because I can see the tips of my toes as I walk.  But I'm sure my brain is designed to filter that out otherwise I would fall over constantly.   Hmm, maybe it is for snake detection?  Just thinking out loud.

I need to read the article and I need to emulate the sighting conditions.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »
I haven't read the article yet, which I definitely will do.  But have you tested this idea out for yourself?  Preferably in lighting conditions which approximate to those of Gerry/Jez?  (Obviously I can't have done the latter yet due to the time of day.)

I'm interested because I would estimate my peripheral vision, side to side, to be close to 170.  I don't get near the up-field in that diagram, probably as an evolutionary characteristic to stop me getting blinded by the sun.  I think I get close to the down-field because I can see the tips of my toes as I walk.  But I'm sure my brain is designed to filter that out otherwise I would fall over constantly.   Hmm, maybe it is for snake detection?  Just thinking out loud.

I need to read the article and I need to emulate the sighting conditions.

The macula area is for colour and detail in good light conditions. Colour detection is poor in peripheral vision, but this area performs better in poor light conditions. I think self-protection is a factor.

It certainly seems possible to detect movement using peripheral vision.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:15:19 PM by ShiningInLuz »
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2016, 03:04:42 PM »

Where do you get that diagram from Gunit? 
Cant see it on the website, which doesn't seem to have much of interest in it anyway.  A diversionary tactic ?   

It doesn't even explain what the radiating lines mean, if anything.  It is a nonsense without a key... and who produced it?

Anyone know where Heribertos diagram has gone? Hope it hasn't been wiped. 

From memory, I can tell you that his scientific diagram maintained that periferal vision was operative for a considerably narrower field than in your diagram which I am guessing indicates 130*

But even at 130* that elimenates any possibility of seeing Tannerman and Jane as she walked away.  Gerry and Jez would need a 180* field of visiion to see them... and they certainly aint got that !!

Offline sadie

« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
Where do you get that diagram from Gunit? 
Cant see it on the website, which doesn't seem to have much of interest in it anyway.  A diversionary tactic ?   

It doesn't even explain what the radiating lines mean, if anything.  It is a nonsense without a key... and who produced it?

Anyone know where Heribertos diagram has gone? Hope it hasn't been wiped. 

From memory, I can tell you that his scientific diagram maintained that periferal vision was operative for a considerably narrower field than in your diagram which I am guessing indicates 130*

But even at 130* that elimenates any possibility of seeing Tannerman and Jane as she walked away.  Gerry and Jez would need a 180* field of visiion to see them... and they certainly aint got that !!

Have just quickly gone thru all Heris posts and an find no diagram of his scientific "Field of vision"

Neither can i find his video /images showing how the shutters could be lifted, the windows slid open and a young child easily lifted out of the window,  That seems to have gone

Heri is an expert, an extremely well qualified expert who has studied this case in great depth .........and his 2 most iconic ... and worthwhile postings seem to have been wiped?

WHAT'S GOING ON ?    where are they?

Offline John

« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »

In Jane's rogatory interview she does admit struggling to walk in her flip flops.
The other thing the guys move their eyes and the heads so even if the peripheral vision is limited to a certain angle hence range that is only if the eyes and head body is kept still. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »
Have just quickly gone thru all Heris posts and an find no diagram of his scientific "Field of vision"

Neither can i find his video /images showing how the shutters could be lifted, the windows slid open and a young child easily lifted out of the window,  That seems to have gone

Heri is an expert, an extremely well qualified expert who has studied this case in great depth .........and his 2 most iconic ... and worthwhile postings seem to have been wiped?

WHAT'S GOING ON ?    where are they?

You can never find anything lol. Here you go;

Not too different from mine. Heri was discussing binocular vision and the likelihood of noticing an open shutter when crossing the car park; a static item, not a moving one.

It is moving items that we spot with our peripheral vision. If Jes was looking into a pram facing downhill he would have seen Jane approaching/passing with his peripheral vision.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »
Is this the post you are referring to Sadie?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1963.msg63132#msg63132
Thank you John.  I went thru all Heris posts but the images do not show on some of them.  Well done for finding it.

Heriberto
Re: THE FRONT DOOR - WAY IN AND WAY OUT for abductor
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »

Some pics ...

-snip-

And 50º are just the limit of human binocular vision, although the visual field is uneven, it is not uniform and has its maximum definition in its central part. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1963.0;attach=2597;image

Thanks to Heriberto Janosch.

When both eyes are being used, the periferal vision is only 100* [between the two blue lines].  So only 50* in either direction.  That is not very great.

Altogether different to your info Gunit.

And it was dark too, so that wouldn't help