Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119238 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2016, 12:24:42 AM »
You know 'tis nothing but a flight of fancy, I know 'tis nothing but a flight of fancy but will others see it that way?

I think the use of the word "alibi" puts the handle on it. Unless he wants to claim the use of Latin adverbs is de rigeur in the Land Of The Long White Cloud, m'lady.... 8(0(*
What was that about?
Does a joint statement act as its own corroboration?  Who knows the law on that?
This YT by a former DA says that an alibi by a wife or a mother is not a strong alibi. "How to present an "Alibi" defense? A former D.A." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5EBuubrD4
For example Robert Murat's mother gave Robert an alibi but they still made him an aguido.
Corroborating witness
"For alibi to prosper, it is necessary that the corroboration is credible, the same having been offered preferably by disinterested witnesses.<ref>People vs. Jacinto, G.R. No. 182239, 16 March 2011</ref" http://wiki.lawcenter.ph/index.php?title=Alibi
So that would mean the other party of a joint statement would not qualify as a "disinterested witness".

I will qualify my previous statements by saying Jez claimed to have an alibi, but it was weak for it was corroborated by his wife in a joint statement.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:40:06 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »
What was that about?
Does a joint statement act as its own corroboration?  Who knows the law on that?
This YT by a former DA says that an alibi by a wife or a mother is not a strong alibi. "How to present an "Alibi" defense? A former D.A." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE5EBuubrD4
For example Robert Murat's mother gave Robert an alibi but they still made him an aguido.
Corroborating witness
"For alibi to prosper, it is necessary that the corroboration is credible, the same having been offered preferably by disinterested witnesses.<ref>People vs. Jacinto, G.R. No. 182239, 16 March 2011</ref" http://wiki.lawcenter.ph/index.php?title=Alibi
So that would mean the other party of a joint statement would not qualify as a "disinterested witness".

I will qualify my previous statements by saying Jez claimed to have an alibi, but it was weak for it was corroborated by his wife in a joint statement.

Interesting.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
Does anyone have a date for this incident?  The football phone call I mean.

The first contact was 14th June. The communication below may have been refering to the phone call because Paiva is accompanying the couple. If so, it was the end of June or the beginning of July. According to Kate's book he was arrested on 6th July;

Date: 2007/07/05

Service Information

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation, G. Amaral

Subject: Emails about the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann

I compliance with your instructions, during the course of last week, the undersigned officer went to Praia da Luz to offer support and to accompany the couple Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of missing Madeleine McCann, following various emails received by the couple during the last two weeks coming from Holland, sent from the email address AMSTERDAMVU@gnail.com reporting supposed information about the whereabouts of the girl as well as about the identity and location of the abductors and referring that the author was prepared to provide this information in exchange for a large financial compensation.

The stress and anxiety of the McCann couple was visible and notable with regard to the situation, they replied quickly to the emails, which, from the beginning they believed to be genuine, given the fact that Gerry had lived in Holland and because of this the couple attributed greater importance to the emails, both expressing their conviction that the information in the emails would certainly help them to get their daughter back, even if it where necessary to spend the sum of 2 million euros demanded by the author in exchange for information about Madeleine McCann's whereabouts.
 http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANONYMOUS_CALLS.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »
Interesting.
Thanks.  It is not like that they were asked to give separate statements like all the other husband and wife combinations.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »
The first contact was 14th June. The communication below may have been refering to the phone call because Paiva is accompanying the couple. If so, it was the end of June or the beginning of July. According to Kate's book he was arrested on 6th July;

Date: 2007/07/05

Service Information

To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation, G. Amaral

Subject: Emails about the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann

I compliance with your instructions, during the course of last week, the undersigned officer went to Praia da Luz to offer support and to accompany the couple Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of missing Madeleine McCann, following various emails received by the couple during the last two weeks coming from Holland, sent from the email address AMSTERDAMVU@gnail.com reporting supposed information about the whereabouts of the girl as well as about the identity and location of the abductors and referring that the author was prepared to provide this information in exchange for a large financial compensation.

The stress and anxiety of the McCann couple was visible and notable with regard to the situation, they replied quickly to the emails, which, from the beginning they believed to be genuine, given the fact that Gerry had lived in Holland and because of this the couple attributed greater importance to the emails, both expressing their conviction that the information in the emails would certainly help them to get their daughter back, even if it where necessary to spend the sum of 2 million euros demanded by the author in exchange for information about Madeleine McCann's whereabouts.
 http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANONYMOUS_CALLS.htm
Very interesting, thank you.

Now my issue is football in July.  Is there any?  Isn't that the summer break?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2016, 05:08:36 PM »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
Does this address mean anything to you SIL "Rua Gajilo o Gajido, no. 68 situated in Luz or its immediate surroundings" SIL?  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANONYMOUS_CALLS.htm
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
Very interesting, thank you.

Now my issue is football in July.  Is there any?  Isn't that the summer break?

Gerry seemed to talk about football a lot. When he wasn't talking about golf, that is.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »
Gerry seemed to talk about football a lot. When he wasn't talking about golf, that is.

What on earth are you talking about?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »
The 15 minute chat time has been discussed on other forums because what seems problematic for Jez is the unaccounted for time delay between when Gerry finishing talking to Jez (using Gerry's timeline from 9:10- 9:15)  but Jez does not make it home till 9:30 and he was only staying just a few meters away.
So it has been pointed out by other forums his timeline doesn't ring true so Bridget may have in her dealings with the press inflated the chat time up to 15 minutes to account for this spare time, IMO.
But the truth of it is Jez' alibi can only be corroborated during the 4-5 minute period when he is talking to Gerry.  (This alibi is Confirmed by Jane but Jane's confirmation of it is denied by Jez.)
It is not until I had read Russell O'Brien's statements today that things go in Bridget's favour.   His timing and order of events is so at odds with the others that questions need to be asked.
Jane could have come back first because she found Gerry chatting with a person who is also a guest in the same place, named Jez. He thinks that Jane only checked their apartment, being worried about ****. Then Gerry came back at around 9.25/9.30 and they started to eat the first course. [as entradas]".

At around 9.35/9.40, taking advantage of the lull [waiting pause] before being served with the first [main] course, the informant left the restaurant with Matthew to check the children. When he got there, his daughter **** was crying. He stayed in her bedroom with her. He supposes that Matthew checked his apartment. Matthew returned to the restaurant five minutes after leaving it. His partner came to take his place in ****'s bedroom around 15 minutes later after finishing dinner.
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »
Does anyone have a date for this incident?  The football phone call I mean.
What football phone call?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2016, 12:29:46 AM »
What football phone call?
What is a football phone call?
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2016, 12:31:30 AM »
And my hubby, when he isn't talking about golf, or snooker.

Mention Wolves or Albion and he is off .... any time of the year.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2016, 12:34:33 AM »

Yes It was not unusual for Gerry to be talking about football at anytime.

I saw more of Gerry when we were playing sort of football and things. But, yeah, you know, just a normal. I mean, he'd done quite a lot of sports, erm, on a Wednesday night particularly and when we went to the bar after we spent a lot of time talking about sort of, you know, could it have been slightly different could I have been a professional footballer, you know, this is how, I enjoyed it and how far I got and we talked about sort of what I'd done and there was quite a lot in common, erm, in common with that.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2016, 12:36:53 AM »
What is a football phone call?
I thought that they were waiting for a phone call, from someone who was supposedly offering info (for megabucks) as to where Madeleine was .... but it turned out to be a scam.

Have I got it right or have I got it wromg?

I think it was just suggested that Gerry might have been smiling, relaxed, because maybe a British cop was chatting football to him to help break the tension.