Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119243 times)

Offline sadie

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »
Yes It was not unusual for Gerry to be talking about football at anytime.

I saw more of Gerry when we were playing sort of football and things. But, yeah, you know, just a normal. I mean, he'd done quite a lot of sports, erm, on a Wednesday night particularly and when we went to the bar after we spent a lot of time talking about sort of, you know, could it have been slightly different could I have been a professional footballer, you know, this is how, I enjoyed it and how far I got and we talked about sort of what I'd done and there was quite a lot in common, erm, in common with that.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

Well his first degree was sports related, wasn't it?

BSc (Physiology/Sports Science), University of Glasgow, 1989

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2016, 12:52:10 AM »
Maddy also loved football - happy in her Everton shirt.  She probably used Cuddle Cat as a football. Eddie found the precious washed clean toy dumped in a bin at the villa. Oh dear!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:54:36 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2016, 12:56:48 AM »
Maddy also loved football - happy in her Everton shirt.  She probably used Cuddle Cat as a football. Eddie found the precious washed clean toy dumped in a bin at the villa. Oh dear!
Had the PJ put it in the bin?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:53 AM »
Had the PJ put it in the bin?

No.  Martin Grime did that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2016, 01:05:16 AM »

I thought Grime put it in the cupboard?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »
I thought Grime put it in the cupboard?

And that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2016, 01:13:00 AM »

MG didn't do it. Eddie went in to investigate and pulled CC out of the corner. After showing an interest in it, MG hid the toy in the cupboard for a second test.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2016, 01:27:19 AM »
I thought that they were waiting for a phone call, from someone who was supposedly offering info (for megabucks) as to where Madeleine was .... but it turned out to be a scam.

Have I got it right or have I got it wromg?

I think it was just suggested that Gerry might have been smiling, relaxed, because maybe a British cop was chatting football to him to help break the tension.
You've got it right, Sadie.

I was trying to establish whether Gerry was interested in televised football or not.  I think Pathfinder has answered that.
What's up, old man?

Offline sadie

« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2016, 02:52:44 AM »
Some people would see that as tidied, NOT dumped.

Offline sadie

« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:13 AM »
MG didn't do it. Eddie went in to investigate and pulled CC out of the corner. After showing an interest in it, MG hid the toy in the cupboard for a second test.

Eddie showed NO interest in it except as a toy to throw in the air.  He NEVER alerted to it.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2016, 03:01:59 AM »
You can't really tell, can we?  Even though from memory I think Cuddle Cat had been very unceremoniously stuffed headfirst in the bin with his hind legs sticking up in the air.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:41:11 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2016, 10:21:44 AM »
How would you ever prove that?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2016, 10:35:23 AM »
It is quite evident that Jane saw Gerry and Jez talking on the road.  If Jez denies that could have happened is he implying that there is a conspiracy involving Jane?

This must be "the concocted alibi theory" that was being discussed a few pages back, that I had never considered before.  Now that I read that Russell thinks Jane (husband and wife) may have seen them talking on the way back rather than the way there seems to open up the possibility that Jane's memory is faulty, yet she talked to her friends about it within the hour it happened so it hard to imagine how her memory is faulty.
But if she sees Gerry and Jez on the way back she can't see Tannerman in the same place either.  I have no way of dealing with distorted memories like that.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »
It is quite evident that Jane saw Gerry and Jez talking on the road.  If Jez denies that could have happened is he implying that there is a conspiracy involving Jane?

This must be "the concocted alibi theory" that was being discussed a few pages back, that I had never considered before.  Now that I read that Russell thinks Jane (husband and wife) may have seen them talking on the way back rather than the way there seems to open up the possibility that Jane's memory is faulty, yet she talked to her friends about it within the hour it happened so it hard to imagine how her memory is faulty.
But if she sees Gerry and Jez on the way back she can't see Tannerman in the same place either.  I have no way of dealing with distorted memories like that.

It could be argued that Jane was never there at that time and that is why Jez didn't see her.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
How would you ever prove that?

I wonder how he came to be placed in a cupboard directly below a pile of folders with a sheet of paper on top that seemingly had a scent of something on it, that he alerted to.

I would love to know who placed those folders/ sheet of paper there and placed CC immediately below.   I wonder who did that?   Not necessarily Martin Grime.