Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119279 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
It could be argued that Jane was never there at that time and that is why Jez didn't see her.
So how did Jane get it right that the two were talking on the road outside the apartment?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
So how did Jane get it right that the two were talking on the road outside the apartment?

It would all depend on when she said it in relation to when she learned of Gerry's meeting.
If, for example, she was actually at the table when Gerry returned, he may have mentioned that he had been talking to Jez.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »
It would all depend on when she said it in relation to when she learned of Gerry's meeting.
If, for example, she was actually at the table when Gerry returned, he may have mentioned that he had been talking to Jez.
So you are basically saying she is an out and out liar.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2016, 11:31:07 AM »

I am saying that contradictions in the various statements make the events open to  uncertainty and interpretation.

I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »
I am saying that contradictions in the various statements make the events open to  uncertainty and interpretation.
But Jane has never varied from the sighting of Gerry and Jez on the way to checking her children and that she saw someone carrying a child across the top of the street.  Any variation to that you are calling her a liar.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
But Jane has never varied from the sighting of Gerry and Jez on the way to checking her children and that she saw someone carrying a child across the top of the street.  Any variation to that you are calling her a liar.

You think what you like  ?{)(**

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2016, 11:39:17 AM »
You think what you like  ?{)(**
No, I'm not allowed to do that either.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »
Of course you can. Moderators might be heavy handed at times, but they haven't yet morphed into thought Police.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:25 AM »
Of course you can. Moderators might be heavy handed at times, but they haven't yet morphed into thought Police.
Do you mean I can think it, as long as I don't write it.  I'm tired Nite all.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »
You can perhaps take your thought behind the wall in the Members area, away from prying eyes.

Or maybe not -

Alfie

« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
You'll be hard pressed to find a sceptic who doesn't believe JT is a liar quite frankly, despite the fact that she has been thoroughly vindicated by the Met, and despite the fact that there can be no logical explanation for why she would lie about something like this, for a man she barely knew before the start of the holiday.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
You can perhaps take your thought behind the wall in the Members area, away from prying eyes.
Good idea.  I'll make some enquiries with Angelo.  Who is the boss around here?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:17:03 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »
Good idea.  I'll make some enquiries with Angelo.  Who is the boss around here?

John.  But you already know that.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2016, 02:47:08 PM »
You'll be hard pressed to find a sceptic who doesn't believe JT is a liar quite frankly, despite the fact that she has been thoroughly vindicated by the Met, and despite the fact that there can be no logical explanation for why she would lie about something like this, for a man she barely knew before the start of the holiday.

You are missing the obvious.
Regardless of whether you like it or not or whether there are cites to back it up some people in life are natural born romancers. Whether Jane Tanner is or is not has never been proven. Were she however it would adequately answer all that you enumerate above.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
You are missing the obvious.
Regardless of whether you like it or not or whether there are cites to back it up some people in life are natural born romancers. Whether Jane Tanner is or is not has never been proven. Were she however it would adequately answer all that you enumerate above.
No, that doesn't work I'm afraid.  She didn't make up a man carrying a child because his existence has been confirmed by the Met, unless you're suggesting that they are "romancers" too.