Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119273 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »
No, that doesn't work I'm afraid.  She didn't make up a man carrying a child because his existence has been confirmed by the Met, unless you're suggesting that they are "romancers" too.

But several of you supporters believe that Tannerman is not Crechman, so is it not possible?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2016, 03:36:23 PM »
But several of you supporters believe that Tannerman is not Crechman, so is it not possible?
Is what not possible?  Jane Tanner saw a man, a man came forward to the Met and said he was likely the man she saw, JT has been vindicated - she didn't make up a man.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »
Is what not possible?  Jane Tanner saw a man, a man came forward to the Met and said he was likely the man she saw, JT has been vindicated - she didn't make up a man.

Or it is a different man completely from the one allegedly seen by Tanner, as some of you supporters believe.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
No, that doesn't work I'm afraid.  She didn't make up a man carrying a child because his existence has been confirmed by the Met, unless you're suggesting that they are "romancers" too.

Sorry old strick it must be my piss poor comprehension or your cack handed way of expressing yourself.
You said:
" there can be no logical explanation for why she would lie about something like this".
I said:  "being a natural born romancer would be a reason".
You now choose to widen the limits drag in extraneous matter then say it doesn't work.
I presume such things [romancders] are without your field of experience in the wider sense of the word ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »
Or it is a different man completely from the one allegedly seen by Tanner, as some of you supporters believe.
So you think there are two men, one who exists and who came forward to the Met, and one who doesn't exist, who JT made up, and who happens to resemble in most respects the man with child that did come forward, is that your contention?

Alfie

« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2016, 04:09:02 PM »
Sorry old strick it must be my piss poor comprehension or your cack handed way of expressing yourself.
You said:
" there can be no logical explanation for why she would lie about something like this".
I said:  "being a natural born romancer would be a reason".
You now choose to widen the limits drag in extraneous matter then say it doesn't work.
I presume such things [romancders] are without your field of experience in the wider sense of the word ?
OK if you say so.  Yeah.  It would explain everything.  She simply made it up.  She's a "romancer."  It was pure coincidence that the man she made up also happened to exist and that her invented man resembled in most respects the man that came forward to the Met. 

Of course the fact that a man actually came forward is a completely irrelevant fact that we should dismiss as having no bearing whatsoever on the possibility of JT making the whole thing up. 

glad that's sorted then!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
So you think there are two men, one who exists and who came forward to the Met, and one who doesn't exist, who JT made up, and who happens to resemble in most respects the man with child that did come forward, is that your contention?

Isn't that every bit as believable as Smithman and Tannerman being different people yet wearing practically the same clothes and carrying children who are almost identical to each other?

Alfie

« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2016, 04:42:23 PM »
Isn't that every bit as believable as Smithman and Tannerman being different people yet wearing practically the same clothes and carrying children who are almost identical to each other?
Well we know that that is the case, as there is one man who has come forward (crecheman) and 9 (?) witnesses to the second man - what you are asking us to believe is that by some bizarre coincidence JT invented a man that just so happened to resemble a real life man who came forward to confirm that he walked past Apt 5a at the time she said she saw him, carrying a child in PJs resembling the ones she supposedly invented also.

Alfie

« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »
Alice has asked us to consider the possibility that JT is a "romancer". 
What is a romancer I wonder?
My understanding of the term is to describe someone who is prone to flights of fancy, a storyteller, someone perhaps who cannot help but embroider a story for their own amusement more than any attempt to deliberately deceive.  As my comprehension skills are regularly called into question by Alice, perhaps he cold verify precisely what he meant by the term so we can progress the discussion further.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
Well we know that that is the case, as there is one man who has come forward (crecheman) and 9 (?) witnesses to the second man - what you are asking us to believe is that by some bizarre coincidence JT invented a man that just so happened to resemble a real life man who came forward to confirm that he walked past Apt 5a at the time she said she saw him, carrying a child in PJs resembling the ones she supposedly invented also.

Well we've already got two practically identical men and children why not throw another one into the mix?  8(0(*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 05:12:25 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »
John.  But you already know that.
I thought I knew it but it is Angelo who goes around hacking the threads even though they seemed acceptable to John.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2016, 05:11:38 PM »
I thought I knew it but it is Angelo who goes around hacking the threads even though they seemed acceptable to John.

Angelo doesn't hack Threads.  He removes Off Topic and Goading Posts.  So do I.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »
That is possible .  I don't believe crecheman really fitted the picture properly as yet, so we have SY saying "maybe" instead of "was".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
Bizarre coincidence is a good description.  How can this be sorted?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2016, 04:13:30 PM »
Alice has asked us to consider the possibility that JT is a "romancer". 
What is a romancer I wonder?
My understanding of the term is to describe someone who is prone to flights of fancy, a storyteller, someone perhaps who cannot help but embroider a story for their own amusement more than any attempt to deliberately deceive.  As my comprehension skills are regularly called into question by Alice, perhaps he cold verify precisely what he meant by the term so we can progress the discussion further.

I think for their own amusement is a bit restrictive, try to be helpful.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.