Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119333 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2016, 07:41:59 AM »
I was watching a YT video today and I heard Gerry admitting that Jane walked past them while he was talking to Jez.  I'll see if I can locate it again.  It was "McCanns on Oprah Show May 4th 2009"
But I'll post the location for reference purposes. https://youtu.be/xNI5up44Nho?list=PLYqizoU4WJfAVQhjTGKo5M7JOxTFK9leH&t=789

Kate is looking as if she can't believe what she is hearing!  https://youtu.be/xNI5up44Nho?list=PLYqizoU4WJfAVQhjTGKo5M7JOxTFK9leH&t=815
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:47:28 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
I was watching a YT video today and I heard Gerry admitting that Jane walked past them while he was talking to Jez.  I'll see if I can locate it again.  It was "McCanns on Oprah Show May 4th 2009"
But I'll post the location for reference purposes. https://youtu.be/xNI5up44Nho?list=PLYqizoU4WJfAVQhjTGKo5M7JOxTFK9leH&t=789

Kate is looking as if she can't believe what she is hearing!  https://youtu.be/xNI5up44Nho?list=PLYqizoU4WJfAVQhjTGKo5M7JOxTFK9leH&t=815

I have watched both those snips

... and I am sorry, Rob, but I dont see anything wrong with what Gerry is saying. Even the "across the road" bit, because I think they probably started chatting in the middle of the road when a vehicle pulled out of the little car park opposite the Tapas reception ... causing them to retreat to the west side of Rua Francisco G Martin by the alleyway.

Furthermore I dont agree with you about the way that kate reacted.

Soz.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »
I have watched both those snips

... and I am sorry, Rob, but I dont see anything wrong with what Gerry is saying. Even the "across the road" bit, because I think they probably started chatting in the middle of the road when a vehicle pulled out of the little car park opposite the Tapas reception ... causing them to retreat to the west side of Rua Francisco G Martin by the alleyway.

Furthermore I dont agree with you about the way that kate reacted.

Soz.
Nothing wrong?  No I believe it to be the truth but it seems to be a progression on what Gerry originally said.  So if Gerry agrees Jane went past while Jez and Gerry were chatting will Jez now make the same concession?  Or will he still continue to say Jane was wrong?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »
Nothing wrong?  No I believe it to be the truth but it seems to be a progression on what Gerry originally said.  So if Gerry agrees Jane went past while Jez and Gerry were chatting will Jez now make the same concession?  Or will he still continue to say Jane was wrong?

Jez said he didn't see Jane.  Where exactly did he say she was wrong?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »
Well that was the impression I got from what he was saying.  I'd have to go back and cover it again, but I had the impression he was saying it was impossible for him to have not seen her.

It was covered in this post and you need to read the article. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7805.msg367049#msg367049

She told police that she saw a dark-haired man, aged about 35, carrying a child who could have been Maddie's wrapped in a blanket at 9.15pm—when Gerry and Wilkins would still have been chatting.

But Wilkins, viewed by police as a completely independent witness, told cops he could not recall anyone walking past him. And in all the time he was there he saw NO MAN carrying a child.

The TV executive is convinced he would have seen Jane Tanner pass by.

He said: "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."

And he also believes he would have seen the mystery man and child who would also have been just yards away.
OK he doesn't say Jane Tanner is wrong but it is implied when he says "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."
How do you interpret that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:04:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic9095.html in that article.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2016, 11:07:34 PM »
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic9095.html in that article.

Jez Wilkins does not say Jane Tanner 'got it wrong' ... he says he did not see her passing, nor did he see a man carrying a child at the top of the road.

How would Jane have known that Gerry and Jez were standing in the street talking if she hadn't seen them?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2016, 11:12:28 PM »

Jez Wilkins does not say Jane Tanner 'got it wrong' ... he says he did not see her passing, nor did he see a man carrying a child at the top of the road.

How would Jane have known that Gerry and Jez were standing in the street talking if she hadn't seen them?
He said that but he also said "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."
How do you interpret that?  That to me is Jez virtually saying it didn't happen. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:17:06 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2016, 11:20:54 PM »
Both Gerry and Jez state they didn't see Jane, but in that Oprah interview Gerry concedes Jane passed by them as they were speaking but Jez seems to persist in denying it.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2016, 11:44:33 PM »
He said that but he also said "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."
How do you interpret that?  That to me is Jez virtually saying it didn't happen.

Jerry and Jez are superfluous to Jane's presence and what she witnessed ... and Jez is absolutely not saying anything other than the fact that he did not see Jane when she passed him.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #430 on: December 11, 2016, 01:36:47 AM »
Jerry and Jez are superfluous to Jane's presence and what she witnessed ... and Jez is absolutely not saying anything other than the fact that he did not see Jane when she passed him.
I still think it is more than that for it is reported he says it is virtually impossible for her to pass unnoticed so I don't see how you can say he admits "he did not see Jane when she passed him".
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #431 on: December 11, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
An old article "Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years." http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2794.msg95381#msg95381
An earlier sighting by one of the McCanns’ friends was dismissed as less credible after “serious inconsistencies” were found in her evidence. The report also raised questions about “anomalies” in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends.
Was Jez Wilkins' objection one of those "serious inconsistencies" of Jane's sightings?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:21:42 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #432 on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:55 AM »

At the point where the path meets the alleyway it is over 2 metres wide.  That is quite wide. 

Only Gerry was on the path and at the kerb, Jez was in the road.  Plenty of space behind Gerry.

You can check it on Google Earth .  Use the stubby upright rule on the top {command] band to check distances

Offline sadie

« Reply #433 on: December 11, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
Both Gerry and Jez state they didn't see Jane, but in that Oprah interview Gerry concedes Jane passed by them as they were speaking but Jez seems to persist in denying it.
Jez obviously does not understand the restrictions caused by the narrowness of his field of vision.

It is entirely possible that if he were looking down at his little boy in the pushchair, he wouldn't notice someone passing by.

Full stop.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #434 on: December 11, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
Jez obviously does not understand the restrictions caused by the narrowness of his field of vision.

It is entirely possible that if he were looking down at his little boy in the pushchair, he wouldn't notice someone passing by.

Full stop.
Well then he should admit it was possible for Jane to go past unnoticed rather than saying it was virtually impossible for him not to notice her.
Moderation