Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119277 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #540 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »
We are not on about my theories in this argument.

We are on about your statement that there was only a 30 cm gap between Jane and Gerry,

You have failed miserably to show that ... and what is more I have PROVED that there could have been a nearly 2 metres gap between them.

To fail to agree with the evidence that i have presented shows you to be lacking in something

And i dont think it is understanding of what i have proved,

To say it again:

The gap between Gerry and Jane was potentially up to 190cm NOT 30 cm which you so wrongly claimed.

or in imperial measurements

The gap was potentially over 6 feet not the miserly one foot that you claimed

A six fold inctease on what you claimed.

If you are not about to acknowledge that your size was incorrect and acknowledge the size that i have shown ..... please show YOUR calculations and reasonings for your 30 cm

You cant !

An apology to Kate and especially Gerry would be in order.   Why dont you just "Do it"

[sadie]For some reason this photo has been removed...[/sadie]

Hard to get 6 feet between those walkers.

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #541 on: December 14, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
PF and Faithlilly for two.

I have never said JT plotted. I said she used a different route to avoid Gerry. The fact is Jane cannot remember at all what exactly happened. Read on she's confused and cannot remember passing both only seeing them. She either saw the man crossing before turning left onto the pathway or crossing the car park entrance.

4078    “Okay.  So when did you first notice Gerry standing there?”

Reply    “I would have probably noticed him as soon as I came, I mean, I don’t, this is not, I don’t think that distance is probably as far as that, you come out and he was, they were sort of, so almost, I’d probably say almost straight away.  Again, I don’t know, but I, I know people are saying I’ve not been on the road, but they were there and I wouldn’t know they were there if I hadn’t walked past, you know, you’ve got to see my frustration in this, and I know Gerry didn’t see me and Jez didn’t see me, but”.

4078    “You were there?”

Reply    “They were there and I was there”.

4078    “And you say you almost went to acknowledge them but they were so engrossed in conversation?”

Reply    “They were, yeah.  I mean, I don’t know whether you’ve met Gerry, but other people have met Gerry, and when Gerry is talking, it’s bit like I said earlier, that he is very focussed, he is a very focussed person.  And it doesn’t surprise me he didn’t see me, because if he’s talking he’s very focussed on what he’s doing at that stage.  I mean, obviously I don’t  know, I don’t know Jez, I hadn’t actually, I hadn’t had any contact with Jez through the week, I didn’t, you know, he wasn’t somebody we chatted to, so, you know, in terms of him recognising me or knowing me, he didn’t know me, so”.

4078    “And can you remember, as you past them or thought to acknowledge them, then you noticed they were deep in conversation, can you remember which angle you saw them from, which way they were facing?”

Reply    “No, I, phew, again, I would probably guess Gerry’s back was more towards me, because I would have thought if I’d have seen him I would have definitely probably stopped and said ‘Oh you’re in trouble, you’ve been long, we think you’ve been watching the footy’, you know, but.  Because I think that’s almost when I went to acknowledge them, that’s almost what went through my head, you know, is to sort of give a bit of abuse about the fact he’d been so long, but.  So I would imagine his, maybe his back was to me, but.  And, again, in that way, that would make more sense, because I don’t know Jez, so it’s not like I would have gone ‘Oh hi Jez’, you know, that way, so.  Yeah, I, I honestly, I can’t remember now which way they were.  But I do, I stand by the fact I’m sure they were nearer than right over here”.

4078    “Okay.  And did you hear what they were saying?”

Reply    “No.  No, not really.  Not that I can remember”.

4078    “Were there any cars around there?”

Reply    “Erm, umm, no, I don’t know.  I don’t remember.  I don’t remember walking past any going up here and I think I would have probably, if there had been I would have realised, because that would have obscured my view of the person walking, so I can’t think of, I can’t think of any, no”.

4078    “So as you are trying to remember it and you can think of yourself walking up that road and you have gone past Gerry and Jez”.

Reply    “Umm”.

4078    “Are you conscious of any other movement?”

Reply    “It’s, it’s too long now.  Erm, no, not really.  I mean, I was just walking up, you know, I was like just sort of on a, not on a mission, but I was just like, you know, on the way to, to check, so I didn’t notice anything either side.  The only thing I noticed a movement was when somebody walked across at the top”.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

I mean Gerry, the sort of person Gerry is, I could never see us being best buddies because he’s very, we’re very different. I think he’s very err he’s quite forthright and so I don’t think we’d ever be best friends but there’s no problem there or anything like that you know, I feel bad saying that because it makes it sound like there is a problem but there’s not but you know it’s not, whereas Kate I was really, I was getting to know Kate quite well but yeah I think Gerry is sort of like more of a man’s man maybe.”

4078    “Yeah.”

Reply    “That sounds terrible, I don’t mean that at all.”

4078    “No.”

Reply    “But you know I think out of the two I was probably, I know Kate better than I know Gerry.”

4078    “Right, it was a very specific question I asked anyway, so what you’re saying is his character is the sort of character that you probably wouldn’t naturally have…”

Reply    “No I think he’s, we’re probably very different, I think he’s err yeah I’m trying to put it in to words because if I say he, he doesn’t intimidate me in any shape or form but you know what I mean I think he’s probably the person out of the whole group that I would feel least comfortable with, you know, just on, just chatting because we probably haven’t got as much in common.”

4078    “Yeah, but with Kate it was…”

Reply    “With Kate it was fine yeah. That sounds terrible to say and it’s not meant to sound like that at all. But it’s just…”

4078    “Well it’s just a question I asked.”

Reply    “Yeah and it’s just being honest yeah. I think out of everybody in the group Gerry’s probably the one that I know the least, least well.”

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:29:25 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #542 on: December 14, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »
A little bit of hypnosis might have sorted all this nonsense out.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #543 on: December 14, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
I have never said JT plotted. I said she used a different route to avoid Gerry. The fact is Jane cannot remember at all what exactly happened. Read on she's confused and cannot remember passing both only seeing them. She either saw the man crossing before turning left onto the pathway or crossing the car park entrance.

These are your views "... she's confused and cannot remember passing both only seeing them. She either saw the man crossing before turning left onto the pathway or crossing the car park entrance."
In your quoted portion of Jane's rogatory interview you have not made it clear how you came to those views.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #544 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
If Tannerman was the abductor do we assume it was Tannerman that raised the shutters?  So were they raised after Gerry's check?  But they weren't raised according to Matt, so who raised the shutters and opened the window.
The only logical solution if Tannerman was the abductor is that Matt missed the signs.  Just like Jez and Gerry didn't see Jane, Matt didn't notice the window open and the blinds up from either the outside or the inside during his check.

If the abduction occurs after Matt's check it is a totally different situation, and what he saw was correct.

Matt's unforeseen check solved the case.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #545 on: December 14, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
Matt's unforeseen check solved the case.
Occasionally I see references to the case being solved, but the case here is "the Case is of the open window".

Does this hold?  "Matt's unforeseen check solved "the Case is of the open window".  I don't really know if I'd bet my shirt on that one.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #546 on: December 14, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »
Most people on a quiet street walk a straight line to their destination. If Jane Tanner did that she would never be 6 feet from the kerb or from anyone standing there in my opinion. If these nannies didn't have buggies they wouldn't move that much closer to the wall.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #547 on: December 14, 2016, 10:38:07 AM »
These are your views "... she's confused and cannot remember passing both only seeing them. She either saw the man crossing before turning left onto the pathway or crossing the car park entrance."
In your quoted portion of Jane's rogatory interview you have not made it clear how you came to those views.

If you read the McCanns first statements they said Jane saw the man from 30 metres away. That is before turning left onto the path. If she went that way then she may have seen the man crossing the car park entrance when getting to her apartment. So there are two other possibilities than passing Gerry/Jez. That is impossible and she cannot remember passing them. She said she must have. Big difference.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #548 on: December 14, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »
We are not on about my theories in this argument.

We are on about your statement that there was only a 30 cm gap between Jane and Gerry,

You have failed miserably to show that ... and what is more I have PROVED that there could have been a nearly 2 metres gap between them.

To fail to agree with the evidence that i have presented shows you to be lacking in something

And i dont think it is understanding of what i have proved,

To say it again:

The gap between Gerry and Jane was potentially up to 190cm NOT 30 cm which you so wrongly claimed.

or in imperial measurements

The gap was potentially over 6 feet not the miserly one foot that you claimed

A six fold inctease on what you claimed.

If you are not about to acknowledge that your size was incorrect and acknowledge the size that i have shown ..... please show YOUR calculations and reasonings for your 30 cm

You cant !

An apology to Kate and especially Gerry would be in order.   Why dont you just "Do it"

Why should anyone apologise to Kate McCann? She was in the Tapas restaurant. Why should anyone apologise to Gerry McCann? According to him he was on the other side of the road facing Block 5, that's how he failed to see Jane Tanner. A very reasonable explanation if the other two people present agreed with it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #549 on: December 14, 2016, 10:43:45 AM »
Most people on a quiet street walk a straight line to their destination. If Jane Tanner did that she would never be 6 feet from the kerb or from anyone standing there in my opinion. If these nannies didn't have buggies they wouldn't move that much closer to the wall.

Even if Wilkins was slightly on the road that photograph clearly shows that it would simply not be possible for Tanner to pass him and Gerry without being seen. Further when all the evidence from Tanner and Wilkins proves that they were nowhere near the the pathway leading to the front of the apartments it's very telling that several supporters continue to insist that they were.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »

4078    “Okay.  So when did you first notice Gerry standing there?”

Reply    “I would have probably noticed him as soon as I came, I mean, I don’t, this is not, I don’t think that distance is probably as far as that, you come out and he was, they were sort of, so almost, I’d probably say almost straight away.  Again, I don’t know, but I, I know people are saying I’ve not been on the road, but they were there and I wouldn’t know they were there if I hadn’t walked past, you know, you’ve got to see my frustration in this, and I know Gerry didn’t see me and Jez didn’t see me, but”.

4078    “You were there?”

Reply    “They were there and I was there”.

4078    “And you say you almost went to acknowledge them but they were so engrossed in conversation?”

Reply    “They were, yeah.  I mean, I don’t know whether you’ve met Gerry, but other people have met Gerry, and when Gerry is talking, it’s bit like I said earlier, that he is very focussed, he is a very focussed person.  And it doesn’t surprise me he didn’t see me, because if he’s talking he’s very focussed on what he’s doing at that stage.  I mean, obviously I don’t  know, I don’t know Jez, I hadn’t actually, I hadn’t had any contact with Jez through the week, I didn’t, you know, he wasn’t somebody we chatted to, so, you know, in terms of him recognising me or knowing me, he didn’t know me, so”.

4078    “And can you remember, as you past them or thought to acknowledge them, then you noticed they were deep in conversation, can you remember which angle you saw them from, which way they were facing?”

Reply    “No, I, phew, again, I would probably guess Gerry’s back was more towards me, because I would have thought if I’d have seen him I would have definitely probably stopped and said ‘Oh you’re in trouble, you’ve been long, we think you’ve been watching the footy’, you know, but.  Because I think that’s almost when I went to acknowledge them, that’s almost what went through my head, you know, is to sort of give a bit of abuse about the fact he’d been so long, but.  So I would imagine his, maybe his back was to me, but.  And, again, in that way, that would make more sense, because I don’t know Jez, so it’s not like I would have gone ‘Oh hi Jez’, you know, that way, so.  Yeah, I, I honestly, I can’t remember now which way they were.  But I do, I stand by the fact I’m sure they were nearer than right over here”.

4078    “Okay.  And did you hear what they were saying?”

Reply    “No.  No, not really.  Not that I can remember”.

4078    “Were there any cars around there?”

Reply    “Erm, umm, no, I don’t know.  I don’t remember.  I don’t remember walking past any going up here and I think I would have probably, if there had been I would have realised, because that would have obscured my view of the person walking, so I can’t think of, I can’t think of any, no”.

4078    “So as you are trying to remember it and you can think of yourself walking up that road and you have gone past Gerry and Jez”.

Reply    “Umm”.

4078    “Are you conscious of any other movement?”

Reply    “It’s, it’s too long now.  Erm, no, not really.  I mean, I was just walking up, you know, I was like just sort of on a, not on a mission, but I was just like, you know, on the way to, to check, so I didn’t notice anything either side.  The only thing I noticed a movement was when somebody walked across at the top”.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

I mean Gerry, the sort of person Gerry is, I could never see us being best buddies because he’s very, we’re very different. I think he’s very err he’s quite forthright and so I don’t think we’d ever be best friends but there’s no problem there or anything like that you know, I feel bad saying that because it makes it sound like there is a problem but there’s not but you know it’s not, whereas Kate I was really, I was getting to know Kate quite well but yeah I think Gerry is sort of like more of a man’s man maybe.”

4078    “Yeah.”

Reply    “That sounds terrible, I don’t mean that at all.”

4078    “No.”

Reply    “But you know I think out of the two I was probably, I know Kate better than I know Gerry.”

4078    “Right, it was a very specific question I asked anyway, so what you’re saying is his character is the sort of character that you probably wouldn’t naturally have…”

Reply    “No I think he’s, we’re probably very different, I think he’s err yeah I’m trying to put it in to words because if I say he, he doesn’t intimidate me in any shape or form but you know what I mean I think he’s probably the person out of the whole group that I would feel least comfortable with, you know, just on, just chatting because we probably haven’t got as much in common.”

4078    “Yeah, but with Kate it was…”

Reply    “With Kate it was fine yeah. That sounds terrible to say and it’s not meant to sound like that at all. But it’s just…”

4078    “Well it’s just a question I asked.”

Reply    “Yeah and it’s just being honest yeah. I think out of everybody in the group Gerry’s probably the one that I know the least, least well.”
Are you claiming JT is so confused that she actually imagined seeing a man carrying a child that night, in the location she said she saw him, or what?

Alfie

« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »
Even if Wilkins was slightly on the road that photograph clearly shows that it would simply not be possible for Tanner to pass him and Gerry without being seen. Further when all the evidence from Tanner and Wilkins proves that they were nowhere near the the pathway leading to the front of the apartments it's very telling that several supporters continue to insist that they were.
Any explanation for why Gerry thought he could get away with moving his position to suit when Jez Wilkins was a cast iron witness to where he was actually standing?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
Occasionally I see references to the case being solved, but the case here is "the Case is of the open window".

Does this hold?  "Matt's unforeseen check solved "the Case is of the open window".  I don't really know if I'd bet my shirt on that one.

No draughts or sounds when Matt checked - no open window. That rules Tannerman out and puts emphasis on the later Smithman sighting. OG are on the right path. You can check out the private thread for more on moving doors etc.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »
Any explanation for why Gerry thought he could get away with moving his position to suit when Jez Wilkins was a cast iron witness to where he was actually standing?

Where do you think Gerry was standing?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Are you claiming JT is so confused that she actually imagined seeing a man carrying a child that night, in the location she said she saw him, or what?

Nope wrong again. I said there are two other possibilities:

1. Jane saw the man crossing the road before turning left onto the pathway i.e. she didn't pass Gerry/Jez by the side gate.

2. Jane took the pathway route back to her apartment and saw the man crossing the car park entrance.