Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119245 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #810 on: December 18, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »
Indeed. He could have put Tanner's mind at rest at a stroke.

I have asked that question numerous times. Still waiting for an answer.

She did speak to him, apparently, but doesn't report what was said.

As she concerns the man she saw, she only spoke to Gerald about this, not entering into details, and to the police.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER.htm

Gerry and Rachael, Fiona and Russell.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #811 on: December 19, 2016, 12:02:58 AM »
She did speak to him, apparently, but doesn't report what was said.

As she concerns the man she saw, she only spoke to Gerald about this, not entering into details, and to the police.

Gerry and Rachael, Fiona and Russell.

I assumed that was because he was there when she told the police.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #812 on: December 19, 2016, 01:28:11 AM »
There might have been some discussion prior for it was written on ROB's timeline and they were confiscated as soon as the PJ arrived. 

That section is not actually true as it has been translated for Jane had definitely spoken to Rachel and Fiona and Russell about this before speaking to Gerald.
"As regards these details, she does not know what Madeleine was wearing at the moment of her disappearance, because she did not talk to anyone about this. As she concerns the man she saw, she only spoke to Gerald about this, not entering into details, and to the police." Is definitely a mistranslation from her spoken English into Portuguese, so the reverse translation does not improve it.

So was it just the details of the clothing she hadn't spoken to the others about?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:38:24 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2016, 08:09:04 AM »

According to Jane she told the GNR and then, at 3am, the PJ. The PJ Inspector doesn't mention speaking to anyone except  Gerry, though.

The OC services manager introduced him to the missing girls parents, who looked quite tired and anguished, particularly the mother who appeared more upset and was therefore less receptive to conversation, which led the witness to converse only with the girls father.

In conversation with Gerald McCann it was possible to establish the following:

At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
According to Jane she told the GNR and then, at 3am, the PJ. The PJ Inspector doesn't mention speaking to anyone except  Gerry, though.

The OC services manager introduced him to the missing girls parents, who looked quite tired and anguished, particularly the mother who appeared more upset and was therefore less receptive to conversation, which led the witness to converse only with the girls father.

At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road,
You would wonder why he didn't go and talk to Jane herself.  Did Gerry actually tell him 21.20 or is he using the PJ timeline as a reference.  What is the date of his recollection? On the 4th of May so Gerry was really separating his check from Jane's sighting right from the start.
Weird thing about that statement Vitor says "According to the GNR officer, the disappearance would have happened at about 22.40 yesterday, from a room of a ground floor apartment of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, where a family was staying composed of a couple and three small children."  22:40 is about the time the GNR were rung not the time Madeleine was taken.  So were the times etc given to him via the interpreter Silvia Batista?  Was she changing the times rather than relaying the exact times?  I have an issue with a person like Silvia being involved in translations for there is a real conflict of interest present.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
You would wonder why he didn't go and talk to Jane herself.  Did Gerry actually tell him 21.20 or is he using the PJ timeline as a reference.  What is the date of his recollection? On the 4th of May so Gerry was really separating his check from Jane's sighting right from the start.
Weird thing about that statement Vitor says "According to the GNR officer, the disappearance would have happened at about 22.40 yesterday, from a room of a ground floor apartment of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, where a family was staying composed of a couple and three small children."  22:40 is about the time the GNR were rung not the time Madeleine was taken.  So were the times etc given to him via the interpreter Silvia Batista?  Was she changing the times rather than relaying the exact times?  I have an issue with a person like Silvia being involved in translations for there is a real conflict of interest present.

We don't know that he didn't, but if he did speak to Jane he doesn't tell us. He is reporting what Gerry told him, so that time was presumably given to him by Gerry. The timeline written by Russell was given to the GNR at around the time the PJ arrived.

Estimated time between 00.30 and 1.00 am Two timelines written by Russel O'Brien on the covers ripped off Madeleine's stickerbook are provided to the GNR officers.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm

The GNR would obviously brief the PJ when they arrived. The GNR seem to have assumed that the disappearance was reported immediately; they gave the time they were phoned.

I assume Silvia's role was to deal with the police because none of the British managers spoke Portuguese. Perhaps she had fulfilled this role on other occasions. I'm not sure why you think there was a conflict of interest.

She entered the apartment and asked for the passports of all elements of the family, and also photographs of the missing girl. She went with Gerry to the GNR car to hand over the requested documents. She mentions she did this, as well as other tasks, at the request of the GNR Commandant, because she could translate their questions and the missing girl's family's answers.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »

I'm referring to this passage from Tanner's rogatory statement:

"4078    “Okay.  Well tell me about that part then, how did you come to go into Gerry and Kate’s apartment?”
Reply    “Well when the GNR people came, so the first lot of Police, the local Police came, erm, I spoke to them and I think that was through the translator, which was, I think she’s called Sylvie, she’s the Head of Housekeeping or something, she was doing the translating at that point.  So I’d spoken to the GNR Police and then when the PJ came, they came to get me to talk to them to say, to say what, what I’d seen.  And then I can remember the same GNR person saying to me later on in the night ‘Oh have you spoken to the PJ’ and I had by that stage, so”.

4078    “So when you went into Gerry and Kate’s apartment who else was there?”
Reply    “Erm, I think there was Russ, I think Russell came with me and there was Sylvie who was the translator.  I can’t remember which, there was some, there was a PJ chap was sitting on the, by the table.  And there was Gerry who was standing by the, the bedroom door”.

4078    “And how was Gerry at that point?”
Reply    “Oh he was just, well obviously, obviously distraught.  And I think it was quite hard for me to be saying at that, you know, looking in his face and to be explaining what I’d seen, at that point was quite hard because, you know, Gerry was obviously standing there, I don’t know whether, and you sort of think ‘Oh God, here’s me, if I’d tried to stop them this wouldn’t have happened’ sort of thing.  So I think I did feel sort of a bit obviously guilty at that stage even though I didn’t know whether it was anything, but obviously you think ‘Oh bloody hell, what if I’, not stopped it happened potentially”.

She spoke to Gerry because Gerry was there with the police. She didn't seek him out.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #817 on: December 19, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »
I'm referring to this passage from Tanner's rogatory statement:

"4078    “Okay.  Well tell me about that part then, how did you come to go into Gerry and Kate’s apartment?”
Reply    “Well when the GNR people came, so the first lot of Police, the local Police came, erm, I spoke to them and I think that was through the translator, which was, I think she’s called Sylvie, she’s the Head of Housekeeping or something, she was doing the translating at that point.  So I’d spoken to the GNR Police and then when the PJ came, they came to get me to talk to them to say, to say what, what I’d seen.  And then I can remember the same GNR person saying to me later on in the night ‘Oh have you spoken to the PJ’ and I had by that stage, so”.

4078    “So when you went into Gerry and Kate’s apartment who else was there?”
Reply    “Erm, I think there was Russ, I think Russell came with me and there was Sylvie who was the translator.  I can’t remember which, there was some, there was a PJ chap was sitting on the, by the table.  And there was Gerry who was standing by the, the bedroom door”.

4078    “And how was Gerry at that point?”
Reply    “Oh he was just, well obviously, obviously distraught.  And I think it was quite hard for me to be saying at that, you know, looking in his face and to be explaining what I’d seen, at that point was quite hard because, you know, Gerry was obviously standing there, I don’t know whether, and you sort of think ‘Oh God, here’s me, if I’d tried to stop them this wouldn’t have happened’ sort of thing.  So I think I did feel sort of a bit obviously guilty at that stage even though I didn’t know whether it was anything, but obviously you think ‘Oh bloody hell, what if I’, not stopped it happened potentially”.

She spoke to Gerry because Gerry was there with the police. She didn't seek him out.

I think Gerry may have known before the PJ arrived, because Jane told the GNR.

Yet according to Vitor Martins it was Gerry who told him about her sighting, not Jane. Silvia mentions translating Jane's story to the GNR, but not to the PJ.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #818 on: December 19, 2016, 04:28:32 PM »

Yet according to Vitor Martins it was Gerry who told him about her sighting, not Jane. Silvia mentions translating Jane's story to the GNR, but not to the PJ.
Did Vitor Martins go into the apartment himself?  Was he listed as one of the people contaminating the crime scene?
Well he seems to be the first person concerned about controlling the crime scene but it does read as if he himself went in there too.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm#p15p3862
"Inside the room that was indicated as being that of the missing girl, there were two children, babies, who appeared to sleeping in two cots placed in the middle of the room."

A request was made to the OC services director for the family to be re-allocated and accordingly the babies were taken out of the room, so that the site could be searched.

The OC services manager introduced him to the missing girls parents, who looked quite tired and anguished, particularly the mother who appeared more upset and was therefore less receptive to conversation, which led the witness to converse only with the girls father."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:48:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #819 on: December 19, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »
Did Vitor Martins go into the apartment himself?  Was he listed as one of the people contaminating the crime scene?

He was PJ;

Vitor Manuel Martins

He is an inspector with the PJ and currently works at the Porto PJ Directorate.

In the apartment where the family was staying, there were different persons, including the friends of the girls parents, who were immediately invited to leave the apartment, in order to preserve the scene.

A request was made to the OC services director for the family to be re-allocated and accordingly the babies were taken out of the room, so that the site could be searched.

He then states that upon leaving the apartment was locked, leaving the space preserved for the GNR elements that were stationed next to the apartment.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
So when he spoke to Gerry and possibly Jane he was inside the apartment. Do you agree with that?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2016, 04:52:34 PM »

So that allows for another level of misunderstanding then doesn't it Jane told Silvia, Silvia told the GNR, the GNR told the PJ, The PJ write it down and it is translated back to us.

So if Vitor writes that Gerry says Jane saw an individual at 22.20 it is likely to be a mishmash of all the things that been told to him that night and all through the interpreter Silvia or via the GNR who got their information via Silvia.   Silvia is reported as being highly critical of Jane's sighting, so she may not have reported what Jane had said to her accurately or had for some reason misunderstood Jane right from the onset.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:01:23 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »
We don't know that he didn't, but if he did speak to Jane he doesn't tell us. He is reporting what Gerry told him, so that time was presumably given to him by Gerry. The timeline written by Russell was given to the GNR at around the time the PJ arrived.

Estimated time between 00.30 and 1.00 am Two timelines written by Russel O'Brien on the covers ripped off Madeleine's stickerbook are provided to the GNR officers.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm

The GNR would obviously brief the PJ when they arrived. The GNR seem to have assumed that the disappearance was reported immediately; they gave the time they were phoned.

I assume Silvia's role was to deal with the police because none of the British managers spoke Portuguese. Perhaps she had fulfilled this role on other occasions. I'm not sure why you think there was a conflict of interest.

She entered the apartment and asked for the passports of all elements of the family, and also photographs of the missing girl. She went with Gerry to the GNR car to hand over the requested documents. She mentions she did this, as well as other tasks, at the request of the GNR Commandant, because she could translate their questions and the missing girl's family's answers.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

"The timeline written by Russell was given to the GNR at around the time the PJ arrived. "  So we would have to agree that Jane had told Russell prior to the PJ arriving for it was written on the timeline.  G-unit do you agree?

"I assume Silvia's role was to deal with the police because none of the British managers spoke Portuguese. Perhaps she had fulfilled this role on other occasions. I'm not sure why you think there was a conflict of interest."
Silvia makes several claims that Ocean Club are not responsible or liable for the disappearance of Madeleine.
These claims are made by her which automatically show she is aware there is the potential conflict of interest possible but is denying responsibility.  It is possible this is untrue.  Like if we understand that Gerry is saying his check is between 21.05 and 21.15 then a sighting of a man at 21.20 is in conflict with the story Jane tells in her statements.  Who got it wrong on the night Jane , Gerry  or Silvia?

".... she could translate their questions and the missing girl's family's answers."  But did she do this accurately?
Moderation

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #823 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
Presumably all this haraz is to demonstrate that Jane, Gerry and Jez did not occupy the same space and time?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #824 on: December 19, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
Presumably all this haraz is to demonstrate that Jane, Gerry and Jez did not occupy the same space and time?

That could be a rather unpleasant situation.

They wouldn't know their R'se from their elbow. 8)-)))