Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119306 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #915 on: December 22, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
The Met said they had located a man who they were reasonably convinced was the man Jane Tanner saw.
Do you believe in this instance The Met are mistaken ?
There could have been both.  Crecheman could have passed by.  What time did they determine he crossed the top of Rua Dr. ... Gentil Martins?  Did he even cross the top of Rua Dr. ... Gentil Martins?   Did it coincide with Jane's check exactly?   I know they've checked he picked up his daughter at sometime, but what time did he cross the road and in what direction was he going?  Where was his destination?

SY's Crecheman wasn't Jez himself was it?  That has been my fear all along that with all these vague times he could easily say to SY "as well I went and picked my daughter up from the creche".  But then there are the creche records to prove it.  So in someways if Jez was crecheman it would make a lot of sense IMO.
For in Jez's statements there is no mention of his daughter on the night at all except in Bridget's "fluff" writings.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:23:27 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #916 on: December 22, 2016, 02:20:53 AM »
If after speaking to Gerry, Jez went and fetched his daughter from the night creche, to get a view of someone crossing from left to right crecheman could have come from the creche and gone into the path behind the block G5 leading to block G4.  Jane could be higher up Rua ...Gentil Martins looking down toward the Tapas entrance on her return leg of her check.  She doesn't actually say this herself but there have been suggestions made by others regarding this scenario.  This would make her her sighting nearer 21.20 - 21.25  rather than 21.12 - 21.15 or whatever.
Could Jez get to the creche and pick up a kid and back as quick as that?  I doubt it.  Maybe he could with the help of Bridget, if she took the pram with the son up the stairs.  It would depend on how much assistance he received.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #917 on: December 22, 2016, 03:33:30 AM »
I have  been searching for how I came to think Jez and Bridget were on holiday for 2 weeks rather than just 1 week, but failed to locate it. 
Today reading a comment on a blog another person seems to have the same impression,  "Why conceal that you were on holiday for two weeks rather than one after the events of 3 May? "  Weird but I have not seen the source document yet.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #918 on: December 22, 2016, 03:58:11 AM »
If after speaking to Gerry, Jez went and fetched his daughter from the night creche, to get a view of someone crossing from left to right crecheman could have come from the creche and gone into the path behind the block G5 leading to block G4.  Jane could be higher up Rua ...Gentil Martins looking down toward the Tapas entrance on her return leg of her check.  She doesn't actually say this herself but there have been suggestions made by others regarding this scenario.  This would make her her sighting nearer 21.20 - 21.25  rather than 21.12 - 21.15 or whatever.
Could Jez get to the creche and pick up a kid and back as quick as that?  I doubt it.  Maybe he could with the help of Bridget, if she took the pram with the son up the stairs.  It would depend on how much assistance he received.
There is a hint of this here in this article "Cops asked mum-of-two Tanner—on the holiday with with her partner Dr Russell O'Brien, 36—whether it was possible that the man and child she saw was Wilkins with his son."  Or did they mean with his daughter coming home from the creche?  His son was in the push chair. 
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id327.htm

But Wilkins, viewed by police as a completely independent witness, told cops he could not recall anyone walking past him. And in all the time he was there he saw NO MAN carrying a child.

The TV executive is convinced he would have seen Jane Tanner pass by.

He said: "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."

And he also believes he would have seen the mystery man and child who would also have been just yards away.

Cops asked mum-of-two Tanner—on the holiday with with her partner Dr Russell O'Brien, 36—whether it was possible that the man and child she saw was Wilkins with his son.

Check

But a source told us: "She was adamant that it was not Jeremy Wilkins and his child. She is certain she saw someone else and stands by her account."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #919 on: December 22, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »
A new source article:
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id327.htm
Exclusive: Who was the woman outside Maddie's flat?, 10 May 2009
Exclusive: Who was the woman outside Maddie's flat? Sunday Express

By James Murray
Sunday May 10, 2009

A WOMAN was seen acting suspiciously outside Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment just an hour before their daughter Madeleine was abducted.

The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007 near the Mark Warner Ocean Club complex.

She was standing under a streetlight at a crossroads only 40 feet from where Madeleine was sleeping with her brother Sean and his twin sister Amelie.

Investigators are being urged to find her to see if she was in any way connected to a pockmarked prowler seen several times outside the apartment in the day leading up to the kidnap.

Details of the mystery woman have only just become known after a Sunday Express investigation into the baffling case was alerted by an elderly British woman who has lived in Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve for more than 30 years.

Speaking from her villa near the Ocean Club, the woman, who has asked not to be named, recalled: "On that night I went to the supermarket at the bottom of the road just before it closed at 8pm.

"As I drove past the entrance to the Ocean Club I saw a woman standing opposite Apartment 5A the McCanns were staying in.

"Even at that time of night the streets were deserted, so I was surprised to see someone there. I remember thinking it was unusual because it is just not the sort of place you would hang around.

"As I drove up to the junction she stepped around to the other side of the street lamp as though she didn't want me to look at her. She was not carrying a bag or a mobile phone. I thought she might have been waiting for a lift but no car came along while I was there.

"I turned right and could see quite clearly she was looking at Apartment 5A.

"As I approached another junction a small, brown car, with just one English-looking man in it swung round and nearly hit mine."

When she heard that Madeleine had vanished she asked a relative to inform the police about her sightings.

More than 30 people have so far phoned in about the artist's impression shown on a Channel 4 documentary last Thursday of a scar-faced man seen loitering outside the McCanns' apartment.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #920 on: December 22, 2016, 05:15:20 AM »
That sounds like a neighbourhood watch by a concerned citizen rather that an abductor planning a move.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #921 on: December 22, 2016, 05:45:47 AM »
It would seem to be unlikely to be Jez if this information is correct. "Crèche Dad, another man wandering with a girl in pyjama that night who reported himself to Leicester Police in 2007 (article from the Mirror on Dec 28 2013  by Tom Pettifor “Madeleine McCann: Bungling police had 'prime suspect' details for SIX YEARS without realising”) carrying his 2 year-old daughter back from the night-crèche around 21.15, re-discovered by Andy Redwood and identified on UK Crimewatch in October 2013 as the man seen by Jane Tanner."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027
Correio da Manhã mccann

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:52:57 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #922 on: December 22, 2016, 09:53:21 AM »
You should know that the long dark haired woman Jenny Murat claims to have seen could be Jane Tanner seen in the same area by Jez when he first ventured out. Jenny said plum top, Jez said Jane was wearing a purple top.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #923 on: December 22, 2016, 09:56:02 AM »
You should know that the long dark haired woman Jenny Murat claims to have seen could be Jane Tanner seen in the same area by Jez when he first ventured out. Jenny said plum top, Jez said Jane was wearing a purple top.
At 8:00 PM ?  The T9 would all be getting ready to go out at that time wouldn't they?
Maybe her timing is out for it would not have been dark at 8:00 PM.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:00:08 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #924 on: December 22, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
At 8:00 PM ?  The T9 would all be getting ready to go out at that time wouldn't they?

Jez said he left around 8:15. Jenny could be slightly out with her time. The times are very similar so it's not hard to conclude that they probably saw the same person described wearing a purple/plum top in the same area. Unless you believe loads of long dark haired women in purple like Jane are lurking in the same area?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #925 on: December 22, 2016, 10:12:21 AM »
Jez said he left around 8:15. Jenny could be slightly out with her time. The times are very similar so it's not hard to conclude that they probably saw the same person described wearing a purple/plum top in the same area. Unless you believe loads of long dark haired women in purple like Jane are lurking in the same area?
Can't rule it out.  Lack of information.
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #926 on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:21 AM »
Can't rule it out.  Lack of information.

I can with the rest of fantasy luzland. When Smithman is revealed then the circus will be leaving town.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #927 on: December 22, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
I can with the rest of fantasy luzland. When Smithman is revealed then the circus will be leaving town.
How likely is that?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #928 on: December 22, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »

When asked about a text from her mobile at 8.30 pm on 3rd Jane said it was to Mrs Gorrod who had invited them to a BBQ the following day to celebrate her husband's birthday. That's why the Gorrod's hire car was included in the dog searches. It wasn't anything like the car seen by Jenny Murat, it was a grey Opel Corsa.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/James_Gorrod.htm

If Jane had her mobile with her at dinner she could have sent the text from outside the apartments or from the restaurant. If she didn't take her mobile she was in her apartment at 8.30 pm. She could, of course, have gone out and then returned.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #929 on: December 22, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »
When asked about a text from her mobile at 8.30 pm on 3rd Jane said it was to Mrs Gorrod who had invited them to a BBQ the following day to celebrate her husband's birthday. That's why the Gorrod's hire car was included in the dog searches. It wasn't anything like the car seen by Jenny Murat, it was a grey Opel Corsa.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/James_Gorrod.htm

If Jane had her mobile with her at dinner she could have sent the text from outside the apartments or from the restaurant. If she didn't take her mobile she was in her apartment at 8.30 pm. She could, of course, have gone out and then returned.
Are you saying they had to go outside to get their phones to work?
Moderation