Author Topic: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?  (Read 119246 times)

Offline jassi

Re: How could Jez and Gerry not see Jane?
« Reply #945 on: January 02, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »
I noticed before that Matt and Russell don't see Jane leave the table on her check and don't know when Gerry or Jane return so I proposed they were away doing something else during that 20 minute period (9:05 -9:25) When they return both go to the apartment block together, cutting out Kate's check.  But Matt ends up doing a substandard check on Madeleine, in that he doesn't see her or hear her and fails to investigate the shutters.

It is obviously not mentioned yet seems to be known to the Portuguese investigators that Russell was absent.

"At 21.10, given her husband’s absence, Jane Tanner went to check on the state of her daughter.

"state of her daughter".  That suggests that the daughter was maybe not well before the parents left for their evening's entertainment.
Another example of good parenting ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:23:49 PM by ShiningInLuz »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #946 on: January 02, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »

"state of her daughter".  That suggests that the daughter was maybe not well before the parents left for their evening's entertainment.
Another example of good parenting ?
They should be checking on both of their daughters.  Who was sick?  One wasn't the best.
"About 15-20 minutes later, her husband Russell and Matthew left to check on the children. As her daughter E**e was restless and crying, Russell stayed in the apartment".  So it was the youngest one who was sick.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:28:11 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #947 on: January 02, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »
I find it difficult to determine ROB's movements, here.
Did he go to the Tapas for about 8.30 with Jane or did he stay in the apartment until Jane's return at about 9.15 ?  If the latter, why did he return with Matt some 15 minutes later?
If a child was sick, why did they go out at all?  Was their 'me' time so important?

These apparent discrepancies throw the reliability of their statements into doubt.  A possible reason for declining to attend a reconstruction of that night, perhaps.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #948 on: January 02, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
I find it difficult to determine ROB's movements, here.
Did he go to the Tapas for about 8.30 with Jane or did he stay in the apartment until Jane's return at about 9.15 ?  If the latter, why did he return with Matt some 15 minutes later?
If a child was sick, why did they go out at all?  Was their 'me' time so important?

These apparent discrepancies throw the reliability of their statements into doubt.  A possible reason for declining to attend a reconstruction of that night, perhaps.
As I understand it Jane left first, then ROB 10 minutes later when Evie fell asleep.  Jane does another check 9:10, and ROB does further check at 9:25.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #949 on: January 02, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
As I understand it Jane left first, then ROB 10 minutes later when Evie fell asleep.  Jane does another check 9:10, and ROB does further check at 9:25.

But according to what you first said, ROB was already absent when Jane left at 9.10, which doesn't your timings.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #950 on: January 02, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
But according to what you first said, ROB was already absent when Jane left at 9.10, which doesn't your timings.
That just meant he was absent from the table and he wasn't attending his own children, absent doing something else and obviously longer than just away for a moment.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #951 on: January 02, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »
That just meant he was absent from the table and he wasn't attending his own children, absent doing something else and obviously longer than just away for a moment.

Have you anything to support that, or is it purely your interpretation of events?

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #952 on: January 02, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »
Have you anything to support that, or is it purely your interpretation of events?
That was the quote from the Summary report.
"At 21.10, given her husband’s absence, Jane Tanner went to check on the state of her daughter."

ROB is absent from the table and by implication not at the apartment either.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:00:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #953 on: January 02, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
That was the quote from the Summary report.

So nothing to support your interpretation of events. He could have been anywhere, doing anything.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #954 on: January 02, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »
So nothing to support your interpretation of events. He could have been anywhere, doing anything.
And that is all I'm saying "he could have been anywhere, doing anything" but the duration of that appears to be 20 minutes and Matt maybe with him.
For both ROB and MO don't know what time Jane left to do her check and they don't know when Gerry nor Jane return to the table.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:15:28 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #955 on: January 02, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
And that is all I'm saying "he could have been anywhere, doing anything" but the duration of that appears to be 20 minutes and Matt maybe with him.

Presumably Jane knew where he was, or perhaps more correctly, where he wasn't, else there would have been no need for her to check on her children.

Or maybe not -

Offline jassi

« Reply #956 on: January 02, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »
For both ROB and MO don't know what time Jane left to do her check and they don't know when Gerry nor Jane return to the table.

Not likely, as Matt had returned before Gerry left and then Jane left shortly after, so unless we are descending into the realms of a Whitehall farce, Matt was at the table until 9.30.

One can see why a reconstruction would have been useful in understanding the comings and goings of that evening.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #957 on: January 02, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
Presumably Jane knew where he was, or perhaps more correctly, where he wasn't, else there would have been no need for her to check on her children.
I would presume the opposite: That Jane had no idea what he was up to, but she at least knew he wasn't at the table or at their apartment.

Not likely, as Matt had returned before Gerry left and then Jane left shortly after, so unless we are descending into the realms of a Whitehall farce, Matt was at the table until 9.30.

One can see why a reconstruction would have been useful in understanding the comings and goings of that evening.
I did NOT agree with your reasoning there Jassi.  It is their own statements I'm using where Matt doesn't know what is happening therefore I deduce he wasn't there.
The way they go together at the time of the next check suggests they may have been together prior to that too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:39:53 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #958 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
I would presume the opposite: That Jane had no idea what he was up to, but she at least knew he wasn't at the table or at their apartment.
I did NOT agree with your reasoning there Jassi.  It is their own statements I'm using where Matt doesn't know what is happening therefore I deduce he wasn't there.
The way they go together at the time of the next check suggests they may have been together prior to that too.

Indeed - at the table. Or are you suggesting that he didn't tell Kate that he would do the visit for her?

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #959 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
Indeed - at the table. Or are you suggesting that he didn't tell Kate that he would do the visit for her?
No.  How did you come to that thought?
Moderation