Author Topic: Could incriminating material have been planted in the hire car or elsewhere?  (Read 35391 times)

Offline Benice

And if an alert had been give ? How would the PJ know if it was from the clothes or surroundings ?

The same way they 'knew' in the gym. 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

The same way they 'knew' in the gym.

And if the dogs had alerted in the apartment with clothes in situ ? What then ?

Anyway I believe it was Harrison who managed the searches.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

And if the dogs had alerted in the apartment with clothes in situ ? What then ?

Anyway I believe it was Harrison who managed the searches.

To eliminate any chance of contamination,  the McCanns could have been asked to pack up the clothing in boxes which could have then been removed from the Villa - but not from the property.   Eddie could be sent in - and if there were no alerts to the surroundings - then the boxes could have been taken back in one at a time and the contents inspected by the dog. 

Instead they were handled by numerous other people, taken first to a garage, then to a gym and unpacked and laid out by several more people.   None of whom were wearing the protective suits that Grime was seen wearing in the carpark.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline faithlilly

To eliminate any chance of contamination,  the McCanns could have been asked to pack up the clothing in boxes which could have then been removed from the Villa - but not from the property.   Eddie could be sent in - and if there were no alerts to the surroundings - then the boxes could have been taken back in one at a time and the contents inspected by the dog. 

Instead they were handled by numerous other people, taken first to a garage, then to a gym and unpacked and laid out by several more people.   None of whom were wearing the protective suits that Grime was seen wearing in the carpark.   

I'm sure Harrison will have submitted a report to SY so no need for you to worry your pretty little head anymore  8((()*/
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mrs. B

So, basically rendered useless as evidence in any possible future trial. Great work!

Redblossom

The planting idea isn't exactly a new one - there was a reason Mrs. McCann was advised not to answer questions. Their lawyers obviously feared they were being framed, planting evidence is not far away from that suggestion, IMO, of course.

how could the PJ  plant anyones blood in the car? Do you understand how stupid the idea is?

AnneGuedes

Prof Harrison should be advised. No barrier language.

Offline sadie

Am I remembering this correctly?

I am remembering that awful day when Kate was taken in for questioning and Gerry was also taken in.  On that day didn't the PJ , ?Amaral tell lies to Gerry and say that Madeleine's cadaver blood had been found in the car, therefore they had carried her body in the car .... so confess.

IIRC, Gerry knowing absolutely that this was untrue, was incensed at the lies.  At this stage, Kate and Gerry KNEW they were being stitched up

If I have this wrong please correct me.

Offline Benice

how could the PJ  plant anyones blood in the car? Do you understand how stupid the idea is?

It was the PJ who picked up the car from Gerry and drove it away and then eventually drove it to the carpark.  So plenty of opportunity to plant anything they liked during the time it was in their possession  - if they'd wanted to.   

The DNA found on the Keyfob, was a partial match to Gerry and no-one else   Not surprising as he was the main driver.   The other DNA could have belonged to any member of the McCann family - once again hardly surprising  -so personally I doubt if anything was planted in the car.

Considering two of the investigating officers had already committed criminal acts in previous cases to get the 'result'  they'd wanted,  no-one should be suprised if people suspect they were more than capable of doing the same in this case.

Offline Benice

Am I remembering this correctly?

I am remembering that awful day when Kate was taken in for questioning and Gerry was also taken in.  On that day didn't the PJ , ?Amaral tell lies to Gerry and say that Madeleine's cadaver blood had been found in the car, therefore they had carried her body in the car .... so confess.

IIRC, Gerry knowing absolutely that this was untrue, was incensed at the lies.  At this stage, Kate and Gerry KNEW they were being stitched up

If I have this wrong please correct me.

Yes that did happen Sadie - (well they said they'd found a perfect DNA match to Madeleine in the car.)     In the knowledge  that people KNOW they can't argue with a 100 percent DNA match and they KNOW that means the game is up, don't you think  the fact that the McCanns still maintained their innocence after being given that apparently irrefutable info  - should have told the PJ something at that point?

Redblossom

It was the PJ who picked up the car from Gerry and drove it away and then eventually drove it to the carpark.  So plenty of opportunity to plant anything they liked during the time it was in their possession  - if they'd wanted to.   

The DNA found on the Keyfob, was a partial match to Gerry and no-one else   Not surprising as he was the main driver.   The other DNA could have belonged to any member of the McCann family - once again hardly surprising  -so personally I doubt if anything was planted in the car.

Considering two of the investigating officers had already committed criminal acts in previous cases to get the 'result'  they'd wanted,  no-one should be suprised if people suspect they were more than capable of doing the same in this case.

Nonsense, you havent answered the  question what or how was any dna planted

Offline Benice

Nonsense, you havent answered the  question what or how was any dna planted

Yes I have.

Offline Chinagirl

As Redblossom is still online, perhaps she could answer my question above?  Thanks.
A

AnneGuedes

Why should they want to ?
Have those two a criminal history of planting ?

Offline Chinagirl

Why should they want to ?
Have those two a criminal history of planting ?

Unknown if they have a previous history of this nature, but we do know that they have a previous history of unacceptable behaviour towards suspects in their investigations.
A