Author Topic: Should A Police Investigation Be Left to the Police ?  (Read 34634 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Should A Police Investigation Be Left to the Police ?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
The PJ were NOT EVEN looking for a living Madeleine.  Of course they would push, but publicly they supported and praused the PJ to the hilt until the PJ started getting really nasty and they realised that they were almost certainly being "fitted up"

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
The PJ were NOT EVEN looking for a living Madeleine.  Of course they would push, but publicly they supported and praused the PJ to the hilt until the PJ started getting really nasty and they realised that they were almost certainly being "fitted up"

Your opinion.

Can you cite any proof for what you said ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 01:25:24 PM »

The GNR searched PdL for a week hoping to find the child. All leave was cancelled. Dogs were used. I think it's untrue to suggest no-one searched for a living child. The PJ chased around following up sightings. The McCanns supported the PJ publicly and undermined them privately from the very beginning.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 11:45:45 PM »
Could we please have some rock solid examples of the McCanns undermining the PJ via the media leading up to the case being shelved?  Do you not agree that the media did a fair bit of undemining of the McCanns during this period?

One example is Kate phoning friends and family at the time she was made an arguida and giving them the green light to rubbish the PJ to the media.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:43:00 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 02:40:54 AM »
After 40 years of living in Portugal, I'm sure Mrs M was fully aware of the way judicial secrecy worked & how the police operated. The filming of her stall was all over the TV. If the PJ had any problems with outside interference, their failure to remove her from the scene set a precedent as far as collecting information was concerned.
You criticise Mrs M who was just trying to help yet you make no mention of the UK private detective type peeps who commenced private investigations and witness interviews in Luz in May 2007

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 04:45:33 AM »
You criticise Mrs M who was just trying to help yet you make no mention of the UK private detective type peeps who commenced private investigations and witness interviews in Luz in May 2007
Are you sure of this?

I am not challenging.  I have been thinking about the 'biggest PJ mistake thread' and a couple of interesting role-play viewpoints come to mind.

What would I have done if I headed the PJ investigation, at the end of Fri 4 May?  The T9 statements were in and were confusing, to put it mildly.  Two teams of forensics were saying no break-in.  Three was a media maelstrom.  It was emerging, I believe, in the UK press that the shutters had been jemmied, when quite clearly they had not.  The vast bulk of OC guests would fly out tomorrow.  If I were SIO, what would I have made of it all, and what should my priorities have been?

Then we have the McCann viewpoint, which must have been equally bewildering.  No forensic reports.  What appears to be broad consensus in the T9 about how the holiday in general went, and how Thu 3 May went. Kate saying the shutter and window were open, while the two gates and patio door were not.  Evidence, Gerry, that the shutter could be opened from outside.  Dianne trying the same and failing.  A media maelstrom.  Stories emerging from the UK that might or might not have an origin in Portugal.  Why jemmied shutter if you can push it up without a jemmy?  And the vast bulk of OC guests will fly out tomorrow.

Were there really witness interviews conducted by private individuals in Luz in May 2007?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:44:38 PM by John »
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »
One example is Kate phoning friends and family at the time she was made an arguida and giving them the green light to rubbish the PJ to the media.
Can we have a cite for that please?

Offline misty

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »

Was JM "helping" at the behest of the PJ or the McCanns?
Who, outside the Tapas 9, was interviewed in Portugal by PIs which were brought in to assist the McCanns?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
Was JM "helping" at the behest of the PJ or the McCanns?
Who, outside the Tapas 9, was interviewed in Portugal by PIs which were brought in to assist the McCanns?

Why would that be of consequence?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
Why would that be of consequence?

In response to the allegation that the McCanns had immediately launched a parallel investigation using their own PI's to gather information for their own use.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:33:50 PM by Admin »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
In response to the allegation that the McCanns had immediately launched a parallel investigation using their own PI's to gather information for their own use.
So were the T9  interviewed by PIs in the employ of the McCann's or their backers ?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:34:06 PM by Admin »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 03:21:03 PM »
Can we have a cite for that please?

BILTON: Kate McCann is at the station for 13 hours, but from inside she and Trish text out updates. Even at this point the message is being controlled.

McGUINNESS: We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to...

BILTON: How did that work.. what, the text messages?

McGUINNESS: Yeah.

BILTON: And were the texts saying? Talk us through.

McGUINNESS: Sort of updates from things that were happening.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

I don't have Kate's book but I think she says in it that they phoned relatives and friends and gave permission for them to publicise what was happening.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
BILTON: Kate McCann is at the station for 13 hours, but from inside she and Trish text out updates. Even at this point the message is being controlled.

McGUINNESS: We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to...

I don't have Kate's book but I think she says in it that they phoned relatives and friends and gave permission for them to publicise what was happening.

Yeah!

Jane Tanner another.  Spoke on the panorama programme about the man she saw (and risked imprisonment for doing so).

But, you know, when the official police of the country investigating the crime couldn't abide by their own secrecy laws (at least until Rebelo took over, and I seem to recall there was even a leak on his watch) and when you have outright and flagrant lies such as Gerry not Madeleine's father being peddled, let's not be too selective ....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 03:48:54 PM »
Yeah!

Jane Tanner another.  Spoke on the panorama programme about the man she saw (and risked imprisonment for doing so).

But, you know, when the official police of the country investigating the crime couldn't abide by their own secrecy laws (at least until Rebelo took over, and I seem to recall there was even a leak on his watch) and when you have outright and flagrant lies such as Gerry not Madeleine's father being peddled, let's not be too selective ....

At this stage the investigation was not into Madeleine McCann's disappearance ... it was an investigation into her parents supposed culpability in the disappearance.

The Policia Judicairia had been using the media to promote the Amaral thesis since May 2007 ... how inconsiderate it was of the targets of this propaganda to have realised this and to have made sure the outside world was aware of where they were and what was happening to them.

Just as important ... they had a ringside seat and knew without doubt that while this nonsense was being visited upon them ... there was no official search or investigation taking place on behalf of Madeleine McCann.

One can only imagine the distress such knowledge must have engendered.

Thank God the incompetence which led to their being made arguidos led nowhere ... leaving them free to pursue looking for Madeleine and eventually having her case re-opened as a result of their efforts.

I cannot understand the attitude which makes resistance to that translate into the opprobrium it has ... takes all kinds, I suppose.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

A specific cite regarding Kate's request for friends and family to start rubbishing the PJ please.