Author Topic: What is an 'internet troll'?  (Read 161702 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: What is an 'internet troll'?
« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
Indeed it could ... but it would take a certain kind of person to say it.

What a pity the long term trolls have blinded themselves to the fact that at the moment two highly professional bodies are actively working on exactly what may have happened to Madeleine McCann.

They have asked and will ask all the questions necessary for that endeavour. 

But there are those of the eight+ year trolls who have seen the writing on the wall and the silence is deafening.

Looking around it is apparent that as Misty and a lot of intelligent people are noticing a lot of rats appear to have and be in the process of abandoning the sinking ship and much is vanishing from the internet.
Apparently, somebody somewhere knows something we don't ... but it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Looking around it is apparent that as Misty and a lot of intelligent people are noticing a lot of rats appear to have and be in the process of abandoning the sinking ship and much is vanishing from the internet."

Yes, I agree, Many supporters have up and gone, abandoned their ship- they just got so fed up with not being able to shout down intelligent people who never bought into that fairy story about whooshing curtains jemmied shutters etc...

New forums are open for like minded reasonable debaters of both sides- away from supporters and sceptics who have an agenda, and are totally outrageous in their many claims., and abusing behaviour.

yip BOTH sides.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #856 on: August 29, 2015, 01:04:14 PM »
Apart from the rats that are abandoning the sinking ship

.... even on here we have people that I have noticed, who are moderating their stance.  No longer saying awful things about The Mccanns and sometimes sounding almost the opposite of a "sceptic".  I wonder why?

What about the sceptics who are moderating their stance Mistaken?

« Reply #857 on: August 29, 2015, 01:16:53 PM »
What about the sceptics who are moderating their stance Mistaken?

I can't speak for them, I never have been part of any 'group'. I have never accused the parents of murdering their child or made any threats against them or wished them harm. I comment on their behaviour, and do not believe their account of what happened that night. That is my input and I have not moderated my account or turned nasty towards people who disagree with me!

If people who were being nasty have stopped being nasty then that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »
[/b]
This snip from a Sky News report mentions a "letter to the campaigners" from Leicester Police Assistant Chief Constable Roger Bannister.

Could those dossier compilers/campaigners in receipt of the letter not ask why it was determined that " none of the messages/postings constituted a prosecutable offence,"  ...........then you wouldn`t have to guess?

"In a letter to the campaigners, Leicestershire Police Assistant Chief Constable Roger Bannister said: "While finding that much of the material was extremely distasteful and unpleasant in nature, it was determined that none of the messages/postings constituted a prosecutable offence." 

http://news.sky.com/story/1475870/mccann-trolls-police-wont-take-action

Is that the second Assistant Chief Constable of Leicester to be less than helpful?  8(>((
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2019, 02:39:25 AM »
https://podtail.com/en/podcast/where-s-william-tyrrell/repercussions/

From 19m50s.....how the foster parents of missing William Tyrrell dealt with online abuse. They, too, have been officially declared "not suspects" by the investigating police force.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #860 on: August 21, 2019, 08:28:18 AM »

From 19m50s.....how the foster parents of missing William Tyrrell dealt with online abuse. They, too, have been officially declared "not suspects" by the investigating police force.
Trolls masquerading as “justice seekers” - really vile and disgusting people, they should have to forfeit all rights to using the internet for life at the very least.  It all sounds very familiar...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #861 on: August 21, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Moreover I'd like to know when a "justice seeker" (aka internet troll) has EVER had their suspicions proven correct and the official version of events completely destroyed by their so-called justice seeking?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #862 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
Moreover I'd like to know when a "justice seeker" (aka internet troll) has EVER had their suspicions proven correct and the official version of events completely destroyed by their so-called justice seeking?

There are many victims of miscarriages of justice who have had help and support from members of the public. Hillsborough is just one example.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #863 on: August 21, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
There are many victims of miscarriages of justice who have had help and support from members of the public. Hillsborough is just one example.
The campaign for justice at Hillsborough owes very little to ignorant online “justice seekers” and everything to the efforts of the victims ‘ families who have never stopped in their pursuit of justice for their loved ones.  Which online trolls masquerading as justice-seekers were of help and assistance to these families?  What other miscarriages of justice have benefited from online discussion of the sort described in the podcast (and which we have all witnessed daily directed at the McCanns for the last 12 years)?  Do tell.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:45:10 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #864 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »
The campaign for justice at Hillsborough owes very little to ignorant online “justice seekers” and everything to the efforts of the victims ‘ families who have never stopped in their pursuit of justice for their loved ones.  Which online trolls masquerading as justice-seekers were of help and assistance to these families?  What other miscarriages of justice have benefited from online discussion of the sort described in the podcast (and which we have all witnessed daily directed at the McCanns for the last 12 years)?  Do tell.

In your words...lots.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #865 on: August 21, 2019, 06:18:36 PM »
In your words...lots.
Here’s another word - balls.

« Reply #866 on: August 21, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »
In your words...lots.

Oh but VS wants to vilify those who do not buy into the McCanns narrative- the McCanns name people who question them as trolls.

Attack is a form of defence. Interesting that!  It is also interesting that supporters who troll and vilify are unaware they are doing it, too funny!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #867 on: August 21, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
Oh but VS wants to vilify those who do not buy into the McCanns narrative- the McCanns name people who question them as trolls.

Attack is a form of defence. Interesting that!  It is also interesting that supporters who troll and vilify are unaware they are doing it, too funny!
Trolling and vilifying people who use made up names to troll and vilify the parents of missing children deserve EVERYTHING they get, IMO.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #868 on: August 21, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »
Trolling and vilifying people who use made up names to troll and vilify the parents of missing children deserve EVERYTHING they get, IMO.

Trolls don't only vilify the parents of missing children.
Some trolls vilify the parents of children who have died in accidents.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #869 on: August 22, 2019, 09:53:35 AM »

Thanks Misty, interesting. 

Although Billy-Jo Jenkins was murdered, as opposed to disappeared, I wonder how her foster father, Sion Jenkins, might have fared at the keyboards of the online community?!  I have no views about his case since I know so little about it but it has always been a highly contentious evidenced by the first trial verdict of guilty, failed appeal, successful appeal and finally acquitted at retrial.  Obviously this case was pre wide use of the internet; had it not been I wonder how SJ would fare from the online community and whether this would have had any bearing on the judicial process?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?