Author Topic: "Start by asking yourself what is a sceptic and work on from there"  (Read 20048 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: "Start by asking yourself what is a sceptic and work on from there"
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2018, 10:12:46 PM »
all the tpas witness statements are hearsay at best...imo

Are you serious Davel?  A witness statement is a witness statement given to the police so should at least be given the opportunity of being considered truthful unless there is another statement that contradicts it IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2018, 10:13:25 PM »
So I walked back err from the tennis courts, err back to err you know Kate and Gerry's apartment and the time you know looking at, you know we've looked obviously at photographs since then and you know the time that we've got that I was you know going to Kate's about six thirty, err and I went into their apartment through the patio doors. The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it's a bit early for the you know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they've had such a great time, they're really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can't remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn't there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who'd had such a fantastic time and err yeah then I left there, went and got my stuff, went back to the tennis courts and then err there was me, Matt and Russell and I think Gerry played a little, for a little while but he decided that he'd, he'd played enough tennis for that day and err was going back and so it left with me, Russell and err Matt and err Dan who was the, the you know the tennis coach from Mark Warner.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

He noticed the children were wearing "night attire" Davel but Kate's towel?

he doesnt mnetion kates towel here

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »
OK that can be your opinion but that is so wrong it isn't funny.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »
Are you serious Davel?  A witness statement is a witness statement given to the police so should at least be given the opportunity of being considered truthful unless there is another statement that contradicts it IMO.

the mccanns do not speak portuguese ...the statementsare not verbatim or recorded in english and therefore their accuracy cannot be confirmed

Offline Sunny

« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »

No he doesn't which is the point Davel. Kate mentions her towel but he does not.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
OK that can be your opinion but that is so wrong it isn't funny.

it isnt wrong imo ...certainly wouldnt be accepted by a uk court

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »
No he doesn't which is the point Davel. Kate mentions her towel but he does not.

so the fact he doesnt mention it means what

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »

00:41:00 1485 "Okay, so now what I'm gonna try and ask you to recollect, what everybody was wearing.'

Reply "I'm afraid that is, you know I'm, I cannot recall at all. I know that's, you'd think that'd be an obvious thing to remember, I cannot remember. As I say the, from the children point of view predominantly I can remember the, you know, white, but I couldn't say exactly what they were wearing. Err''

1485 "But could you remember what Kate was wearing for example''

Reply "I can't, no.'

1485 "And did you actually set eyes on each individual child''

Reply "All three children I saw, yeah.'

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »
the mccanns do not speak portuguese ...the statementsare not verbatim or recorded in english and therefore their accuracy cannot be confirmed
They used translators.  OK there might have been a few errors but you can't call them hearsay, or do you mean "as bad as hearsay"?  In that " they certainly wouldn't be accepted by a UK court" IYO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2018, 10:21:43 PM »
so the fact he doesnt mention it means what

This is a discussion for another thread Davel. Kate mentions she was wearing a towel and that David Payne didn't enter the apartment. David Payne doesn't mention she is wearing a towel and said he went into the apartment.

Payne said

they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who'd had such a fantastic time

He definitely included Kate in the "family" as he makes a point of saying Gerry wasn't there.

You as a supporter find nothing strange about this of course.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2018, 10:24:16 PM »
This is a discussion for another thread Davel. Kate mentions she was wearing a towel and that David Payne didn't enter the apartment. David Payne doesn't mention she is wearing a towel and said he went into the apartment.

Payne said

they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who'd had such a fantastic time

He definitely included Kate in the "family" as he makes a point of saying Gerry wasn't there.

You as a supporter find nothing strange about this of course.
Certainly a discrepancy.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2018, 10:24:33 PM »
00:41:00 1485 "Okay, so now what I'm gonna try and ask you to recollect, what everybody was wearing.'

Reply "I'm afraid that is, you know I'm, I cannot recall at all. I know that's, you'd think that'd be an obvious thing to remember, I cannot remember. As I say the, from the children point of view predominantly I can remember the, you know, white, but I couldn't say exactly what they were wearing. Err''

1485 "But could you remember what Kate was wearing for example''

Reply "I can't, no.'

1485 "And did you actually set eyes on each individual child''

Reply "All three children I saw, yeah.'

And of course that was recorded in English in England too so no lost in translation episodes.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2018, 07:55:43 AM »

The statements were taken in accordance with Portuguese law. Therefore they could be used as evidence by a Portuguese court.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »
And of course that was recorded in English in England too so no lost in translation episodes.

Unless they were interviewed by Brummies from birmingham! lol

Seriously for them to be articulate doctors, and talk like that is so evident that something isn't quite as they claim IMO.

All he had to answer was. I went to the apartment  because... (we still don't know why he went to the apartment this is fuzzy as well) I saw all the children, all ready for bed, I saw kate , Gerry wasn't there.

Was that very, very difficult to say? IF that is what actually happened? ppft!

What were they all wearing: the children were wearing night ware  and Kate,just out the shower, was wearing a  (name the colour) towel.

How many sentences was required?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2018, 12:34:38 PM »
Unless they were interviewed by Brummies from birmingham! lol

Seriously for them to be articulate doctors, and talk like that is so evident that something isn't quite as they claim IMO.

All he had to answer was. I went to the apartment  because... (we still don't know why he went to the apartment this is fuzzy as well) I saw all the children, all ready for bed, I saw kate , Gerry wasn't there.

Was that very, very difficult to say? IF that is what actually happened? ppft!

What were they all wearing: the children were wearing night ware  and Kate,just out the shower, was wearing a  (name the colour) towel.

How many sentences was required?

And all this after a year in which to  rehearse and get word perfect.   8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future